Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New MyFord Mobile Release

jrork

Ford has released an update to the MyFord Mobile system.  Updates will be noticed upon login into the website, and the corresponding Android and iPhone clients will be released soon.

Updates to the system include:

• My Driving Page
  • Trip and Charge Log
  • Custom Value Charge Profiles
  • Web Based Station Finder
  • Ability to have multiple vehicles on an account
  • Several Alerts, including Trip Ready, Charge Fault, Plug-in Reminder, and more
  • Links to Owner's manuals and How-to videos
  • PINs for mobile apps
  • several bug fixes
  • and many more...

We hope you enjoy!

--Joe Rork

MyFord Mobile 

I was trying to log in for the past hour and have been unable to (via the website).  I put in my username and password, and they just disappear.  I figured it was probably down for maintenance.

Glad to see I am not the only one, I can't log in either - and removed existing cookie from browser (Firefox) but no joy.

However I can log into account on my android phone.

Edited by jeff_h

Other observations I've noticed on the new My Driving tab (I'd like to know if anybody else sees issues):

My odometer reading and My Miles Driven do not match (100 miles off).  I noticed a handful of my trips are replicated anywhere from 2 to 10 times, so that may explain why my miles are off.

Noticed my cabin temperature for my go times is borked on the home page (says 65) but is correct in the actual go time screen (72).

A possible missing feature is for the graphs - I haven't had the car long enough to fill up 6 months worth of data, but on the 'Trip' category, I can't view anything 7 days older than what is displayed.  I can see June 13 but nothing older.

On the 'Trip and Charge Log' screen, when I click 'view all' I get javascript warnings that the script has stopped, however, it completes as it should.  Some options to consider would be to view by week, view by month (allow a start and end date for sorting), view by year, and also keep the 'view all' option.

Aside from those, I'm actually very surprised that the car has been logging all of that information all this time. :)  It makes me wonder what ELSE this is capturing.  It'd be even cooler if we could use this data to send to our insurance companies for possible reduced rates (optional, of course).

jrork has been extremely cool with everything so far.  Props to him. :)

Thanks Russael.  Unfortunately, IE8 is not supported in this release.  IE9 and above should work.

jeff_h, please let me know if this doesn't solve the issue for you.

--joe

MyFord Mobile

Yes, clearing the cache (and not just the cookies) worked for me with Firefox 21, I am now able to log in.

However I only have IE8 on my PC, which gives the below error  -- but I expect you know all about this one since you noted IE8 is a no-go.

myfordmobile_IE8_zps17251b49.jpg

I also have the several trip duplication issue showing, only a few did this and it is about 10 times. It adds about 400 miles to my total.

It is showing this morning's charge session, but nothing older.

Now it sinks in how CREEPY it is to have every trip is logged in light of the unrelated tracking and monitoring the government is doing already... Do we have a data retention policy statement, opt out option, and reassurance a warrant is required to SHARE this data?

Also how geeky cool all the EV data is to see.

Edited by shaggy314

What do the different shadings of the battery in My Driver >> Trip & Charge Log represent.  For today only, there are three different shadings:  gray, striped gray and blue, and blue.  For all other days, the battery is entirely gray.

It looks like the solid blue area represents the charge remaining after the trip and the striped blue region represents the charge used during the trip.  And, the solid grey means the battery was not full prior to the start of the trip.

Why do I have trips with negative mileage?

Edited by larryh

I love to hear that Ford is continuing development of this service and features. Here are a couple ideas...

• Export function for the trip log, even if it's a simple CSV. I travel a lot and could easily use this data for expense reports. 
  • Gasoline fill-up recording and ability to add notes and pricing info. More variables mean you can produce better performance reports.
  • Un-plugged notification option. It would be nice to know if someone has unplugged your ride.
  • Fix the push notifications for the Android App.

You guys are doing great work! Thanks for the update.

The Trip & Charge log has a lot of useful information.  It would also be nice if it also showed the amount of gasoline in the tank before and after the start of a trip as well as the gas consumed.

It shows charging information.  It would be nice if it would also show fueling information for gasoline.

Unfortunately, many of the trips shown seem to be inaccurate.  The number of miles driven is incorrect (some are even negative).  There are duplicate trips.  And also, some of the trips are split into multiple trips--I did not make any stops during those trips.

Edited by larryh

I received a notice that the MyFord Mobile website received a fix for the trip issue.  i checked it and it looks good... except I don't believe trips under 2 miles are logged.  I don't see anything under that.  My trips to the grocery store are just barely a mile and those are missing, plus the multitude of short trips I made while giving people rides when I first got the car.  My odo reading is 432 presently and the site has logged 368 miles.  Not sure if that was by design.

Also the charge station finder is still broke (website only... smartphone version works as it should).

As far as Larryh's suggestion about gas... I think it'd just be a matter of displaying the data since the car does collect it.

Good work jrork for such a fast turnaround.  We all appreciate that.

When setting up the Value Charge Profiles in MFM, is there anyway to delete some of the windows that determine the charge times?  There are five windows.  Unless you choose different heights/priorities for each window, MFM will do it for you (and you will probably not like the heights/priorities that it chose).  So you are forced to select five different charge time windows and prioritize them with distinct priorities.  Here is the weekday profile that I set up:

med_gallery_187_17_6016.png

There are actually three different rates charged by the Electric Company during the weekday.  The lowest rate is from 9:00 pm to 8:00 am.  The next lowest rate is from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.   The outlandishly exorbitant rate is from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm.   So I have to arrange and prioritize five different windows that represent these different rates.  I can't make a window from 9:00 pm to 8:00 am because the left side of the screen starts at 12:00 am, and not 9:00 pm.  So I am forced to split 9:00 pm to 8:00 am into two different windows with different priorities (even though the rate is the same for both windows).  Next, since I can't delete a window, I have to split 8:00 am to 4:00 pm into two windows with different rates.  Finally, I have the extortionate rate from 4:00 to 9:00 pm with the lowest priority (highest cost).  Under no circumstances do I want the car to charge at these times.  Unfortunately, MFM doesn't work that way.  It uses 60 watts of electricity during this time to charge the 12-volt battery and power the control module for the battery that will later initiate the charging (wiping out the savings I would have under this rate plan from the Electric Company).

For the weekend, the rate is constant.  I am forced to create the following Value Charge Profile:

med_gallery_187_17_26172.png

I need only one window.  But I am forced to create four additional ones.  And of course, each window has to have a different priority.

Edited by larryh

I plugged the car in around 4:30 pm this afternoon.  It immediately charged to about 21% and is now using 60 watts of power for the on-board control module to initiate charging.  It is scheduled to resume charging at 12:00 am and finish by 5:05 am, which is 30 minutes before my go time.  So, it is working as expected. 

The period from 12:00 am to 8:00 am in the weekday value charge profile above is the highest priority charge window.  So it will be charging during that window and finish 30 minutes before my go time at 5:35.  Since the window is not long enough to complete the charge before my go time, it had to partially charge the battery using the second priority charge window from 9:00 am to 12:00 am in the weekend value charge profile. 

It would have been better to set the window from 9:00 am to 12:00 am to have the highest priority in the weekend value charge profile and from 12:00 am to 8:00 am the second highest priority in the weekday value charge profile.  Then it would have started charging immediately until it completed.  That would have avoided wasting 60 watts of power from the time it finished charging to 21% until midnight and the car would have charged completed during off-peak hours at the lowest rate.  The car does not consume any further electricity after has fully charged the car.

Edited by larryh

Today, I plugged in the car around 3:30 pm.  It still had 38% of the charge remaining.  MFM estimates the charge time to be a little over 4 hours.  MFM claims it will start charging the car at 12:00 am and finish around 4:07 am.  It is doing what I expect, charging the car entirely within the highest priority (lowest rate) window of my weekday value charge profile.  However, as always, it is consuming 60 watts of power prior to charging at 12:00 am.   Consuming, even 60 watts, during the peak rate hours from 4:00 to 9:00 pm is going to wipe out much of the savings I could hope to achieve by subscribing to the Electric Company's ChargeWise Program.   60 watts of power seems like a bit much to power the on-board control module used to initiate charging of the battery.  If I want to subscribe to the ChargeWise Program, I am going to have to use my own timer, which is silly, since MFM is supposed control the charging.

Note it would have been better to set the window from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am have the highest priority and from 12:00 am to 8:00 am have the second highest priority in the weekday value charge profile.  Then the car would have started charging at 9:00 pm until it completed, rather than wasting 60 watts of power from 9:00 pm until midnight waiting to start charging.  The car will still have completed charging entirely at the lowest rate during off-peak hours.

Edited by larryh

The mobile app still won't save your PIN number or your login ID. It boots you out due to inactivity much sooner. It takes forever to load the "Trip & Charge Log".  The trip & charge log only shows your last trip and charge with no way to look at more. I already know what my last trip was when I shut off the car. The "charging station find" feature that is supposed to be powered by PlugShare does not perform anywhere near PlugShare's own dedicated app. Not a fan until they fix this app.

I received a reply from the MFM support group regarding the charger using 60 watts of power prior to the value charge time.  The car is using electricity from the charger to charge the 12 volt battery and power the battery control module so that it can initiate charging at the value charge time.  I guess they need to maintain power to some of the electronics in the car so that it can initiate charging at the appropriate time and they decided to get the power from the charger.  But 60 watts seems like a lot of power for a "standby" mode.  I have updated my posts to reflect this.

Edited by larryh

I put my car on charge Tuesday afternoon. 

I got a text message at 6:40 PM that the car was charged.

I left the car connected because there was a Go time for cabin pre-conditioning set for Wednesday morning.

Wednesday morning the pre-conditioning was done and the charger was off.

I disconnected the charge cable and left.

10.5 miles later as I was getting out of the car at my destination I got a text message that said: "Energi had an accidental unplug while charging".

The time on the text message was the time that I disconnected the cable from the car.

The software needs more work.