Fusion Energi Owners Welcomes You!
You're at the largest Ford Fusion Energi community on the web!

Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Focus Energi Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

LoJack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rgb2

rgb2

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 6 posts
  • My Region:Decline
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Odyssey

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

I am still on the fence on getting a Fusion Energi, so this is a theoretical question to the current owners.

I  wondering about the built-in GPS system which theoretically works like LoJack, enabling one to track it.

Has anyone been able to obtain LoJack discount from their insurance co?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   apm

apm

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 140 posts
  • My Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic Region
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hi rgb2,

I did get a discount on my insurance, but I don't think it was that much.

Regards,

APM

Model: Sterling Grey 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium Plug-In (P0S, 800A, 13B, 18C, 53B, 55M, 90A, 60N, 96B)
Date Ordered: 2/4/13
Promised Delivery time: 8-16 weeks
VIN Available: 3/1/13

VIN #: 3FA6P0SU9DR282477

Window Sticker Available: TBD
Scheduled Build Week: 3/25/13

Scheduled Build Date: 3/27/13 (missed)

Actual Build Date: 4/1/13
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD

Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date: TBD
Actual Delivery Date: Bought one from stock on 4/5/13
State: FL

#3 OFFLINE   rgb2

rgb2

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Odyssey

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thank you, apm, for the feedback. Just curious, did you just say you had LoJack or were they aware of this feature on Energi?

#4 OFFLINE   FusionEnergi

FusionEnergi

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 209 posts
  • My Region:Middle East
  • LocationNewport News, VA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium w/ over 8,300 EV miles & under 200 ICE miles and a Lifetime average of 999MPG & 136 MPGe, 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

USAA is my insurance company. They were aware of the GPS tracking for the Energi, and asked me to confirm that mine has it. I told them it did so I got the discount. It was the largest single deduction on my documentation.

Edited by FusionEnergi, 21 June 2013 - 02:42 PM.

2013 Tuxedo Black Titanium w/Nav / Date ordered: Nov 2012 VIN Received: Feb 22 / Window Sticker Available: March 13 / Scheduled Build Week: March 18 / Actual Build Date: March 19, 2013 / Released from Factory for Shipping: March 20ish / Dealer Lot: April 1st / Took Delivery: April 2nd 2013 / Fuel Economy: 137MPGe or 999.9MPG

#5 OFFLINE   http

http

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

USAA is my insurance company. They were aware of the GPS tracking for the Energi, and asked me to confirm that mine has it. I told them it did so I got the discount. It was the largest single deduction on my documentation.

Same here.  Strangely enough, when I picked up the car, my Ford dealer offered to install LoJack for an additional cost.  When I asked why I would need LoJack in my TI Energi that already has GPS tracking, the finance agent apologized and said that she just had to use the dealership checklist for all sales processing.

2013 Fusion Energi Titanium Bordeaux Reserve

#6 OFFLINE   jasonthemason

jasonthemason

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanton
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Explorer

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

the real answer is because gps systems can easily be disabled and once the car is in a garage the signal won't get through. LoJack is hidden, thieves dont know its there, and uses RF which can emit a signal through steel, concrete, whatever. If you live in Cali, Texas, So. Florida, NY/NJ id get a LoJack. Other states it doesnt make sense because coverage is limited to certain states. Plus if your car isnt recovered within 24 hours you get your money back anyway. win/win if you ask me. 

#7 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi, 1993 Integra

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm betting that PHEV (even cool ones like mine) are going to on the bottom end of the 'cars to steal' list, unless I missed the rash of Prius thefts.  ;-)

Ford's mobile app sees my car in the garage, although it just may be remembering me charging there.

I thought even lojack is blocked in the sub-basement parking. It works in an all steel building too? Hmm, didn't know that. I think what lojack brings is the ability to remember where the car went. I.e. thay show the car going into the building and not out, but not where it is now.

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users