Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Any alternative to the giant key fob?

One of my few gripes so far:  The key fob is enormous.  Takes up way too much space on my key chain and in my pocket.

Any decent after-market alternatives?  I don't need them to hold the metal key inside.  Nor do I care about the other non-essential features.  I just want something that will lock/unlock the doors and trunk, and allow me to start the car of course.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One of my few gripes so far:  The key fob is enormous.  Takes up way too much space on my key chain and in my pocket.

Any decent after-market alternatives?  I don't need them to hold the metal key inside.  Nor do I care about the other non-essential features.  I just want something that will lock/unlock the doors and trunk, and allow me to start the car of course.

Hey simple answer is go for keyless entry.

See key fob instructions here : programkeyfob.com

Edited by autoexpert

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I would also like to find a smaller key fob.  I would be fine if it didn't even have any buttion just the wireless function to unlock the door when you put your hand in the handle and allow you to start the car.  Has anyone found a good solution yet?

Edited by dstolp