Ford Fusion Energi Forum

1st Fill Up Today at 1250 miles

newbeetle18t

Picked up out car April 29th.

Heading out for a 400 mile round trip this weekend so I decided to fill up the car for the 1st time.

It had 1250 miles on odometer and took 10 gallons of fuel.

Computer said 990 EV  miles traveled out of the 1250 total.

So 260 miles traveled on the ICE correct.

I think we have done great so far utilizing the battery for most of our driving.

How do most people interpret this information?  Do I need to factor in regeneration miles also?

The EV miles shows are the miles driven when the ICE was off.  So the 260 miles are when the ICE and motor are powering the car or when only the ICE is powering the car.  Regen miles are included in the EV and total miles.  They are simply the estimated additional miles you gained via regenerative braking.

Edited by larryh

You cannot determine the average MPG in hybrid mode for the ICE from the data in the post.  If you drive the car with the battery depleted like a hybrid, you should get 43 mpg or more depending on the type of driving.  The car does not separate EV miles into miles attributed to electrical energy obtained by plugging the car into a charging station versus electrical energy obtained from the ICE recharging the battery (and regenerative braking). 

Any EV miles resulting from the ICE charging the battery should be credited to the ICE when computed mileage--that's energy that didn't come from the electrical socket in the wall.

Edited by larryh

You cannot determine the average MPG in hybrid mode for the ICE from the data in the post.  If you drive the car with the battery depleted like a hybrid, you should get 43 mpg or more depending on the type of driving.  The car does not separate EV miles into miles attributed to electrical energy obtained by plugging the car into a charging station versus electrical energy obtained from the ICE recharging the battery (and regenerative braking). 

Any EV miles resulting from the ICE charging the battery should be credited to the ICE when computed mileage--that's energy that didn't come from the electrical socket in the wall.

Thanks I your info and explanation of the EV miles was very helpful.