Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Trailer Hitch for Energi installed

DAVE

I installed a small trailer hitch to my Energi. The main purpose is for our bike rack which connects via a trailer hitch. I should also have no problem pulling a small light weight trailer with a few hundred pounds loaded.

With trunk space being what it is (we all know what I mean) , It's a relief to have this and totally worth the 150.00 . 115.00 for the hitch and 35.00 for the electrical kit. Not sure why Amazon says it won't fit the 2013 Engeri - my guess is that it was never verified as the car is too new. I called CURT the maker of the hitch and they said it fits the Energi no problem. They are correct. No issues.

It's really important to be sensible and to remember that this hitch should not be expected to pull any more than what you might expect a small 4 cylinder car to pull. A small lightweight trailer with a light load which is only a few hundred pounds at most or bike rack or Cargo Carrier as an extension of the trunk.

Hitch: CURT Manufacturing 12091 Class 2
Electrical Curt T-Connector # 56178

Hitch installed on 2013 Energi

post-213-0-84951500-1373040186_thumb.jpg

Edited by DAVE

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Get the CURT, class 2. I searched for a hitch for my bike and a cargo box. Not sure if the CVT would handle towing anything greater than say several hundred lbs. I got mine from Amazon for 125 and my mechanic put it on for another 125. The great thing about the CURT, as you can see in Dave's images, is you can't see it. Looks like an OEM factory hitch. I wanted to avoid the over exposed look of the mounting bars you see from the UHaul and DrawTight brands – they're just ugly and probably self servicing to sport their logos.

Thank you Paul of Kayenta Utah – you know who you are, "my friend."