Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Traffic on Navigation page

Ekpsych

Mine works about 99% of the time, with the other 1% being a delay in the Sirius traffic feed coming in when I start driving - which I tend to think would be an issue with Sirius than with the nav/map.

I believe there are options in the info menu to bring up "traffic nearby" or something like that, does that not do anything for you?

Once agian this morning after a full overnight charge I get in and voila, there it is ; full traffic display.

Drive to se friend at airport and stay a afew hours. get back in and duhh, no traaffic anywhere, refresh sirius signal and nothing changes. Change all settings and no help. Put all setting back and also, no help. 

Beats me why it will wok sometines and not others.

I will try the dealer tomorrow.

Yes, the info comes via satellite and it starts to download when you first start the vehicle provided you have a clear view of the satellite.  It can take several minutes.  The system then updates at some unknown rate.  

Under 'Travel Link' do you see the little swirling circles next to Traffic Nearby, Fuel Prices, Movie Listings, Sports Info, etc when you start the car?   When you don't get traffic, is the swirling circle still swirling? 

No, I never see a swirling swirl next to any traffic category. Either it is working or nada.

OTOH, I had a "scheduled maintenance" this morning after I tried to input a route with a waypoint. Screen went dark and then I got "scheduled maintenance",no doubt a crash of the system. Once it came back I seem to be getting traffic most of the time. When I don't, all I have to do is input a route with a way point and then delete the route and voila, the traffic appears. I will monitor the situation and report back. Seems like a software bug somewhere in the route guidance/waypoint entry sub system.

Any thoughts from those wiser than myself??

I must have jinxed myself when I replied to this thread... started drive to work this morning and no traffic... nor on the way home.

Got home and ran the delayed reboot app toe reboot sync without losing presets, nope that didn't fix it either.

Went onto chat with Sirius and had them send refresh signal, then it was fine.  For now.

• 3 weeks later...

My experience with the traffic has been similar to what folks are reporting here. I have often wondered if it takes traffic in consideration when calculating the route?

When I come out at night and tell it to route me home, it can't use the traffice it does not have . What happens if when the traffice information is updates and you need to be rerouted? Does this system reroute us based on changing traffic? I don't believe I have ever heard it do that.

Mark

Edited by Markn455

What happens if when the traffice information is updates and you need to be rerouted? Does this system reroute us based on changing traffic? I don't believe I have ever heard it do that.

I have encountered this many times - probably every single time I've used navigation in the DC area.  If the traffic info shows an incident along the route, a prompt will come up on the lower right with words like "new traffic incident reported" and then give 3 options: 'Avoid' or 'Ignore' or 'View' -- if you choose 'avoid' then it will re-route you, 'Ignore' gets rid of the alert', and 'view' shows info on the incident and then I think then also gives the option of avoiding it or not.

Yes, the system will pop up an option to take an alternate route around traffic.  I haven't seen it do that myself yet either, but I see the option in the system.  My TomTom GPS that I've had for a while also does that and has saved me a lot of time before (an accident formed on the interstate that the GPS caught, and routed me around it).  I don't know of any GPS that supports traffic that doesn't have a re-route feature.

T

Our units have an option on settings page for auto, manual or none for the "avoid traffic incidents" setting.

Also, after working properly for 2 months the Sirius traffic feature on my g1000 has once again stopped.

The Sirius page works for everything else but reports "no traffic"

Ford problem? Sirius problem????

Help!!!!!

That did it.

I got a refresh signal from Sirius and everything came back.

From browsing other vehicle installs it seems that having a single ESN for both subscriptions (Music and traffic) gets the Sirius side of the platform confused. It had been 2 separate subscriptions in the past. Hopefully it is getting worked out by now.

In the future I think that getting a refresh from Sirius will restore the traffic function in our cars.

Thanks for the help.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah that happened to me where I had to refresh and all was well afterwards...

My bigger problem is that the speed increments it shows when you click on congestion on the map, shows in KM/H instead of MPH. This infuriates me for some reason.

I called Sirius but they have no idea what they are talking about, then after getting transferred around a bunch of times, someone told me Sirius sends the signal in MPH and my vehicle must be converting it to KM/H. So next service visit I will have them look into it, but i'm sure they will say its Siruis. 

EVERYTHING else in the car is Miles and MPH, and even other things in Travel Link show up using miles, but on their traffic reports and speed averages in those stretches, its KM/H. Annoying