Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sync Scheduled Maintenance Today at 10:30 AM Eastern

Markn455

This morning I was navigating about a 45 mile trip. About 10:30 Eastern time, the navigation screen froze and the volume control was unresponsive. I was going to pull over and stop so I could "reboot the device". However, after a few minutes the screen lit up with a large bold type "SYNC" and a subtitle that stated Sync was undergoing scheduled maintenance. Did anyone else notice this today?

Personally, I think it was BS And the message was just a clever way to cover up the fact the system locked up and rebooted itself.

Any thoughts on this?

Mark

Ball Ground, GA

This morning I was navigating about a 45 mile trip. About 10:30 Eastern time, the navigation screen froze and the volume control was unresponsive. I was going to pull over and stop so I could "reboot the device". However, after a few minutes the screen lit up with a large bold type "SYNC" and a subtitle that stated Sync was undergoing scheduled maintenance. Did anyone else notice this today?

Personally, I think it was BS And the message was just a clever way to cover up the fact the system locked up and rebooted itself.

Any thoughts on this?

Mark

Ball Ground, GA

That is exactly what happened.

I had this issue for a few weeks. The system would reboot itself 3 or 4 times a day (and I don't drive all that much!).

One time I was able to get to the dealer as the system was rebooting so they finally admited there was something going on. They first told me that it was the emails in the contact list of my phone that was causing the problem and gave me a list of possible things that they know cause the problem to sync.

I cleaned up my contacts and the system improved a bit, but it was still crashing every once in a while. Finally they decided to switch the sync module. Since the new module was installed I have not had a single crash.

Also the Ford told me not to install anything on the sync system even if it was on the syncmyride website. I had installed the version checker from the website and he thought that this contributed to the problems. He said to bring the car to the dealer and they would do the updates when necessary. 

One thing to note is that, if the sync module is replaced you will have to set up the car again in MyFord Mobile. I took me more than a week to get the car added again. There was a problem where the 24 hour counter was resetting to 24 hours before it got to zero.

Regards,
APM

Any thoughts on this?

Mark

Ball Ground, GA

Did you have a cell phone attached via a USB cable when this occurred?

From my understanding, the "Scheduled" part refers to a diagnostic that's running in the background.  It continually checks the status of the system and the status of communications with subsystems like Sirius and it runs on a 2 minute schedule.

The diagnostic expects to get messages on a regular basis from different parts of the system.  If the system goes 2 minutes without getting the response it's expecting to get, it will perform a reset and clean out cache, etc.     

If the system were to detect a problem, or if it were to lock up, it would theoretically go no more than 2 minutes before it started to self-heal.

Edited by Energized

• 1 year later...

From my understanding, the "Scheduled" part refers to a diagnostic that's running in the background.  It continually checks the status of the system and the status of communications with subsystems like Sirius and it runs on a 2 minute schedule.

The diagnostic expects to get messages on a regular basis from different parts of the system.  If the system goes 2 minutes without getting the response it's expecting to get, it will perform a reset and clean out cache, etc.     

If the system were to detect a problem, or if it were to lock up, it would theoretically go no more than 2 minutes before it started to self-heal.

This is normal. It just means that the program is cleaning up the hard drive and settings proactively.

I know this is an old thread, but came looking for answers as it happened to me today.attachicon.gifSync.jpg

Hey Timewellspent, 

If you notice MyFord Touch rebooting frequently you should try performing a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/phone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

Keep in mind this disconnects your connection to MyFord Mobile and may require you to add your vehicle back to the account. 

I'm here if you have any questions.

Whitney 

Edited by FordIVTteam