Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Just Ordered Two 2014 Titanium Energi

rmorse

Nice, a true his-n-hers!  We got an Energi (blue) for my wife to match mine, but mine is an SE Hybrid (red).

Keep us posted on progress, will be interesting to see if they get scheduled/built/delivered around the same time or if one gets allocated/scheduled while the other waits for a week or two, etc...

Edited by jeff_h

Congrats on ordering a nice pair of Ti's !

In a few weeks, be sure to go to ford.com and request a Fusion Energi brochure be sent to your house. Have your wife request one in her name too. They could take 2-4 weeks to arrive. If you are one of the lucky ones, they will have the $750 bonus cash coupon in them which can be used on top of other incentives. (1 coupon per car) The coupons have expiration dates. If your coupons will expire before or around the time you expect delivery, request more brochures about a month before then so you might receive new coupons still valid at time of delivery. Also can request Taurus brochures for another chance at the coupon which is valid on the Fusion.

When you say all options, are you including the heated & cooled seats? I wanted the cooled seats, but I was concerned that it would delay my order indefinitely. 8-12 weeks wouldn't be too bad.

Interesting you should ask.  We started by going to the Ford site to "Build Your Own", and there were options the dealer didn't have information on.   For example, the "lighted door sill".  I didn't originally have it, but Erin wanted it, so we requested it for both.  The dealer said they would call whoever they call at Ford to make sure it was added.   We requested the same on the seat options.  According to the dealer, we should get more information on Tuesday the 30th.  If it delays the order then we may reconsider, but I'll post whatever we find out.  Going from two H2s to two Fusion Energi's is certainly interesting.  I guess it's that Yin Yang thing.

Is it correct that the 2014s are currently being built?

As an aside, we decided on the Fusions after test driving just about everything including the Tesla S.  

Is it correct that the 2014s are currently being built?

Yes that's correct, I just looked up one of the VINs in "dealer ordered" status on my local dealer's website yesterday, and the VIN I checked was built last Saturday... however if you ordered the cooled seats option or other items that are 'late availability' I don't think those will be started for a while (2-3 months? based on a post I saw by a dealer inventory manager on Blue Oval Forums) so you may want to have your dealer check further into this and decide whether to wait for those or not.

We also test drove the Model S prior to ordering a 2014 Energi Ti on June 7. The Tesla is an amazing car, but it's nearly twice as expensive, and there are some advantages to a Fusion.

The only 2014-specific option we chose were the rear inflatable seatbelts, so I'm hoping our order will be scheduled relatively soon.

We also test drove the Model S prior to ordering a 2014 Energi Ti on June 7. The Tesla is an amazing car, but it's nearly twice as expensive, and there are some advantages to a Fusion.

The only 2014-specific option we chose were the rear inflatable seatbelts, so I'm hoping our order will be scheduled relatively soon.

I also test drove the Tesla, loved it. However, I could not get past the price even after proving to myself the cost of ownership is actually less than the Fusion Energi.

What are "inflatable seatbelts" and way would someone want them?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the dealer last week to see if there were any updates on the two 2014 Energi's.   They said that "late delivery" was ending today (Aug 5th) or tomorrow, which apparently means options like cooled seats are now in normal production.  They said they'll have a confirmed order number tomorrow, and at that point, I'll be able to track the progress.  

Does an order number mean much (i.e, will it allow you to track progress in a meaningful way)? We've had an order number since June 7, but every update has been "Unscheduled Clean" since then. I'm hoping that now some dealer ordered 2014 Energi Titaniums are appearing in dealers' inventories, some customer ordered Energi Titaniums may be scheduled and receive actual VINs. 

You can start a tracking thread on Blue Oval Forums (need at least 10 good posts first) and get the latest status on your order, whether 'uncheduled-clean', 'scheduled-to-week', 'scheduled-to-day' etc etc.  it is information that a dealer can also provide, however some dealers either don't know how to look up their status, or don't feel like doing it for their customers, or whatever.

If you start a thread, be sure to read and heed the rules which are located in the sticky at the top.  You can also look through the threads of others and see how the process goes and the different status types involved.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

And, if you want to get more in the weeds on how the order process goes, the below thread is a few years old but probably not a lot has changed since I bet they still use the same ordering system as when it was written.

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

You have to post 10 "acceptable" messages on an unrelated web site to find out the status of a car order?!?  I hope their cars are better than their web site policies.

There is a Fusion/MKZ area on that site... The person who posts the updates does it as a courtesy in an unofficial capacity - so it has nothing to do with policy of the web site itself, it's the policy of the person who is willing to help provide info for those whose dealers can't/won't provide the information in a timely manner.

There is a Fusion/MKZ area on that site... The person who posts the updates does it as a courtesy in an unofficial capacity - so it has nothing to do with policy of the web site itself, it's the policy of the person who is willing to help provide info for those whose dealers can't/won't provide the information in a timely manner.

Sounds like an argument for Ford to have an "official" way of finding the status rather than relying on someone doing it in their spare time.

Did you drop 96 grand for the 2 cars?  Hope you got a better deal than that.

No.  Much better than that.   Apparently the dealer has the "order numbers" and VINs should be available next week.   No idea what that means from a delivery timeline.  Looks like the heated/cooled seats and the all important lighted door sills are available.

Sounds like an argument for Ford to have an "official" way of finding the status rather than relying on someone doing it in their spare time.

I definitely agree with you there, and there is a thread on that site that is several years old (but still getting regular updates) with many saying the same thing over and over.

Ford has an official way... Talk to your dealer. However, there are dealers that are not so willing or knowledgeable to provide the information.

In my case, I could not get any useful information from my dealer, so I had to go through the unofficial route to get the informaiton I wanted.

Regards,

APM

I checked out a 2014 Se on Aug 12th while mine was getting TSB updates. Since it had a sunroof I wanted to see how much less headroom it had than mine. Wynne ford in Hampton Va has one, and I saw 8 Energis on the Hall ford lot in Newport news, not sure how many are 2014 models.

Edited by FusionEnergi