Ford Fusion Energi Forum

SE vs. Titanium

dlb92

The 2013 pickings are getting slim here in FL but its easy to get a good deal cause no one is buying. My parents are looking for one and I think I might have found one for them but I have a question.

What are the main differences between SE and Titanium?

I know push button start, rear view sensing/camera are extras for SE is that all?

Oh and no 12 speaker Sony system..

Edited by dlb92

The reason I felt like I should have gone for the 2014 is that I'd hope at least a few bugs would have been worked out.  As for SE vs. Ti, I don't know...  I got everything I wanted on the SE, but I could've gone for the Ti.  In the end I just wanted the car as quickly as possible.  The one with the options and color I liked was an SE.  I could've gotten a Ti, but in a color I didn't want.  But whatever, it's done.  I expect to be happy with it until hydrogen cars are reasonable, or some other cool technology comes about. ;)

Cooled seats, heated steering wheel. How many miles will those energy hogs trim off the modest 21 mile range? I would stay away from those, or if you have them, be careful how much you use them.

They'll be more.fuel efficient than running the whole vehicle AC or heater (with fans running) if they run independently of those two systems.

You know Griff, I think you're right that using the seat heater and and heated steering wheel in the winter would use less energy than using the heater to warm the entire cabin.  Everyone has said the heater really drains the battery.  I think hat is the reason the Volt will turn on the heated seats first when you want to warm the cabin - at least that is what I remember reading about the Volt.

Cool breezes on one's buns or warm buns would give the perception that I'm getting cooler or warmer!  Where I live if you park the car in the sun during the summer months I doubt that the cooled seats would be enough to stop the sweating.  Still, not many entry level luxury cars offer cooled seats and heating steering wheels.  

I don't know how often I would use those options but I wouldn't mind the snotty factor to tell my friends, "Look at the options I have!"  :)

• 3 weeks later...

From what I was able to figure out, a couple new colors added, heated steering wheel option and inflatable rear seat belts as an option. I would have liked the heated wheel, but not enough to wait for it.

Well, I was determined to get a 2014. In addition to the color changes and the optional inflatable rear seat belts, there will be optional cooled front seats (late availability). The deals on the 2013 made it a no-brainer. I got what I wanted in the 14 plus a moonroof and drivers' assist package for 2k less than the 14 without those items.

SD Diver,

I see you have the Cargo Net also and purchased your car from Kearny Pearson.  My car also came with the Cargo Net, it is on the window sticker, and only now am I getting the upper hooks to install the net.  Have you installed yours yet or checked if the upper hooks are already attached in your trunk or are they with the net?  My cargo net was still in a plastic bag in the drivers door pocket.  The car did not have the upper hooks so the net was useless.  The local dealer in town would not order them for me so I had to call Bill at Kearny Pearson and he called my local dealer to finally resolve the issue.  I am still waiting for them to call me.

• 2 months later...

The Sony was not available on the 2013 SE.  My main reason for not wanting the Titanium is the black interior.  In Georgia in July and August, black is not a good idea.  We went with the SE in order to have the Dune interior and with the hope of being able to upgrade the sound system with some new speakers and/or a sub.

I have been pretty impressed with the Sony system in the Titanium. It is a little mid range bias and a bit booming on the bass, but it is far better then a large number of factory systems out there. When I bought my car I was down to comparing the toyota avalon to the fusion, the sound system was one of several factors pushing me towards the fusion.

I must admit I never really seriously considered the SE version of the Fusion, so I can not compare the difference. But I am happy with the Sony.

The Sony system, when I first took delivery of the car, didn't impress me a great deal at first but now that it has had time to play and 'break in', it sounds a lot better.  I prefer my music at higher volume levels and that system stays very clean and clear, which I appreciate.  I also very much love the plethora of sources.  But I do admit, my friend's 2012 Focus with the Sony system exceeds the one in the Fusion by a small margin since it has a large sub in the trunk.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The SE (for Energi models only) have the same tail lights as the TItanium.  The right dash screen is configurable... I can do at least some of the climate functions on the right screen in my SE (fan speed and temperature, I think). 

When did the tail lights change? 2014 SE models may have climate on the right dash screen, 2013s do not.

Who told you that 2013's don't have climate on the right driver screen?

attachicon.gif20140908_193310-1.jpg

2013 SE models don't. Remember this discussion on the FFH Forum? 2014 SEs do have climate on the right dash screen with certain packages. We asked Ashley about it and she said that she could confirm that a change was made but she could not elaborate on when Ford made that change to production vehicles.

It appears that Titanium models have climate on the right dash screen for both MY2013 & MY2014.