Ford Fusion Energi Forum

$750 coupon

dlb92

Where do you get a $750 coupon?

ChuckJ

Not sure if this promotion is still going on, but many of us allowed Ford to direct market to us. I was able to obtain my $750 coupon by requesting a brochure. 

To answer dlb92's Q, I doubt very seriously you would be able to use another's coupon, as they look those things up in the system and assign it to your order. But that is just a guess on my part.

If it is not in the Vincent System for your name and address it will not be honored.

Also the $750 is not combinable with some rebates. I tried to combine it with the lease conquest and it could not be done. I ended up using the lease conquest as it was $1000.

Regards,
APM

Edited by apm

I will attest to it NOT being honored. I was assured it was entered and on buy day... not there, nothing we can do... nobody remembers it... we'd have to have cancelled your order and redo it at the time (which I certainly would have to save $750)...  If you get a coupon, make SURE they put it in the system.

At least Ford stepped up a little bit and gave me 3 years maintenance, which is about half that in value.

Just FYI I found some real neat info that could help future buyers out.  Once you apply for the brochures to be mailed to your house on Ford.com the coupons are automatically entered into Ford's system and any dealer can look it up with your name and address.  You don't actually have to wait for the $750 coupon in the mail and it happens relatively quickly.

This piece of information could be a "sticky" for those buying cars right away. 

Edited by dlb92

Just FYI I found some real neat info that could help future buyers out.  Once you apply for the brochures to be mailed to your house on Ford.com the coupons are automatically entered into Ford's system and any dealer can look it up with your name and address.  You don't actually have to wait for the $750 coupon in the mail and it happens relatively quickly.

Yes, from reading other threads and then talking with my salesman, it gets entered into a system called VINCENT, which apparently tracks/reports the various incentive offers etc.  A good salesman will know that this is there and take advantage of it, as when we were getting price quotes for our Energi (there were 3 similar VINs in our area) one of the salesman wrote back that he looked us up on VINCENT and saw that there was a $750 coupon in that system in our name and didn't know if I was aware - and of course he rolled that into their offer price.  A different salesman from another dealer had no idea about any $750 coupon, what it was for or where to look for it, etc.  So just like knowing about the various features on their models, some salesmen appear to also be ill-informed on various features of the process of ordering, inventory, incentives, and so on.  However that may very well apply to salesmen of any brand dealership these days.

This piece of information could be a "sticky" for those buying cars right away. 

My $500 one was not in their system.  The following Monday I called Debra (a supervisor at Ford incentives -800-334-4375) and she called the dealer and straightened it out.  The next day I went in and they were able to submit it.

ChuckJ

Edited by ChuckJ

• 5 weeks later...

Is this still valid into september? I requested a brochure today, but plan on purchasing this weekend.  

Also, it is valid on a purchase from the lot, or do you have to order on to use it.  I do plan on using the lease conquest as well, I see where that might not work.  

I should know more tomorrow.

I can't answer on the timing (if you just requested it, I think it takes some time for the offer to be made, but again other know better), but as for using on retail order or dealer stock - we used a $750 on our Energi that was dealer stock.

Is this still valid into september? I requested a brochure today, but plan on purchasing this weekend.  

Also, it is valid on a purchase from the lot, or do you have to order on to use it.  I do plan on using the lease conquest as well, I see where that might not work.  

I should know more tomorrow.

Dag, when you pick up your car on Monday, ask the sales or finance guy to check the Ford 'Vincent' system to see if this brochure coupon has been already assigned to your name & address. If so, they can apply it to your sale.

I asked them today to check vincent, and it return nothing.  They printed the screen showing that they searched for me.  

I've signed all the paperwork already, so when I pick it up on Monday, would that be too late to have them "check again"?

I had the same thing happen to me.  I called Ford incentives and asked for a supervisor (Debbie) at 800-334-4375.  She checked it out, found me on the system and called the dealership to either educate them or tell them they would pay (not sure which).  I got the check from Ford a week later.  I would do that before you go to pick up the car though.

ChuckJ

Edited by ChuckJ

• 3 weeks later...

I requested a brochure online a couple weeks ago, got my $750 coupon on Tuesday (by E-mail) and ordered a new Titanium Energi today.  I just have to use the coupon by December 7 (valid for 60 days), although dealer said they could close the deal once a VIN is assigned!

No. It is your name and address on the coupon, not the car's VIN. It is in the system (VINcent) or not. Get it on your order NOW. Do not wait. That is how I got screwed out of mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As always I will tell you my story about these. I had a valid one, I was told it was added to my order and on delivery day NOPE. This despite being told it would be honored if added to the order, they just never did. It became, oh who told you that type story. We'd have to have cancelled and replaced your order (which was never told to me), if they had, I'd have done it. I was already facing a 12-20 week order time.

So if you get one (and they are still sending them out), MAKE them prove it is added to your order. I will forever hold Leif Johnson Ford in Austin in a bad light. I have to ASSUME that had they actually added it, I'd have gotten the $ off from Ford, but alas I'll never know. Ford wouldn't issue a new coupon (of course or everyone would do it) but did give me 3 year maintenance plan (which we know is about half that in value).

EDIT: Got another one in a 2014 brochure I got, so yes they are still offering them. DOH.

Edited by shaggy314

• 1 month later...