Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sunroof Wind Noise

Markn455

Hi, Mark. I haven't noticed any wind noise on my sunroof. Mine was installed after-market. I wanted a car with the sunroof already installed but had to settle for one without one. It has the roof lining in the ceiling. The same people installed my HomeLink (also wanted that in my car) and I had a lot of problems with it. Now the glue they used to put the center roof console back up is coming apart. Very unhappy about it all. The dealer is 80 miles round-trip from my home and the sunroof/HomeLink installer is even farther away. 

I hope you find the cause of the wind noise. Obviously you've checked to make sure the sunroof is really closed.

What I have is a good bit of wind noise at highway speeds when it is closed. When I first go the car I didn't notice it.  I use the sunroof a lot. Since we have been blessed with a rather mild Summer in Atlanta, I try to run without A/C as much as I can. It gives me a handful more miles on EV. My previous vehicle from another manufacturer, there was not a peep of noise when the sunroof was closed. Interesting, while I didn't compare them side by side, I would swear the sunroofs are identical between the two manufacturers.  Nevertheless, I will likely have it check out or go ask to take a demo unit for a run up the highway to compare.

Thanks,

Mark

I have the factory sunroof and I have been driving 250 miles round trip at least once a month at speeds up to 75 mph.  There is no wind noise at all from my sunroof.  I have the shade closed because it is 90 degrees or higher and I have been driving during the day.  Still, the car is very quiet.

I have driven around town with the sunroof closed and the shade open and I have not noticed any wind noise either, although I am only driving at maximum 40 mph.  The only wind noise that I can detect is coming from the A pillars/mirrors.  Have you checked the sunroof tracks to see if there might be anything caught that might prevent the sunroof from closing/sealing tightly?

One of our friends on this forum mentioned a possibility that the noise cancelation might not be working if you are experiencing more noise than before.  Just a thought.

• 11 months later...

I have a 2014 and have also notice quite a bit of wind noise from the sunroof.  When looking at the roof from the outside, I can see that the back part of the sunroof is slightly higher (maybe 1 - 2 mm) than the rest of the sunroof.  I've taken it to dealer once already and asked it to be adjusted, but I don't see or hear any improvement.  I will probably take it to another dealer and see what they say.

I have a 2014 and have also notice quite a bit of wind noise from the sunroof.  When looking at the roof from the outside, I can see that the back part of the sunroof is slightly higher (maybe 1 - 2 mm) than the rest of the sunroof.  I've taken it to dealer once already and asked it to be adjusted, but I don't see or hear any improvement.  I will probably take it to another dealer and see what they say.

Good idea, bwheetley. I'd be happy to loop in your regional customer service manager (CSM) so they can assist in getting this resolved. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. I'll get this into the right hands. :)

Crystal

I noticed today that there is a big difference in wind noise depending on if I have the sun shade closed or not.  Are you guys saying that as you drive down the road, when you open and close the sun shade the noise does not change for you?  In my case there is wind noise when the shade is open, and no wind noise when the shade is closed.

I'm pleased with how quiet my Fusion Energi is. In fact, I have driven co-workers to lunch at freeway speeds, and they comment on how silent my ride is. It is way quieter than my former top-of-the-line 2001 Honda Accord EX V-6, which also had a sun/moon roof.

I'm sorry yours is making noise. Perhaps something is wrong. It doesn't sound normal from my limited experience.

Edited by Lightfoot

I noticed today that there is a big difference in wind noise depending on if I have the sun shade closed or not.  Are you guys saying that as you drive down the road, when you open and close the sun shade the noise does not change for you?  In my case there is wind noise when the shade is open, and no wind noise when the shade is closed.

I get no wind noise from the sunroof, shade open or closed, high speeds or low speeds.  Sounds like an issue with the seal to me.