Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Windshield

dlb92

I've not yet had a chance to look at the 2014, but I complain about the front headliner fraying every time I'm at the dealer. I've yet to see one with anything so you cannot call it missing so much as not having one. Perhaps we have to all call Ford to complain. Once you go looking for it, you see it all the time, and on all of them.

I'm not going to look at my headliner so I will not let it bother me. ;)

Does anyone else have any imperfections in their windshield glass? I noticed while driving around a corner in a parking garage when looking through the part that is in front of and slightly to the right of the passenger's direct line of sight that it distorts the view, almost wavy.

Edited by TX NRG

• 2 months later...

The headliner on my brand new 2013 Titanium around the 3rd brake light is warped and there is a 1/2" gap between the edge of the headliner and the roof/window.  I can see it in the rear view mirror and it irritates me.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is a Ford since I have only driven Mercedes for the past 13 years.  I bought the Energi strictly for the HOV sticker in California.  I did read on another forum that there is a quality alert/TSB for the headliner so I guess I will ask the dealer when I take it in for my complimentary oil change in March 2014.

• 4 months later...

Had my headliner replaced on Friday.  It is much better than the original. However, in the process of replacing the headliner, the plastic housing around the front facing camera and the small piece that covers the wiring harness from the rear view mirror are now not able to latch together.  In addition, the sunglass door now spontaneously opens.  The dealer is ordering 3 parts which need to be replaced requiring another visit.  They said the pieces are warped.  I think the installer damaged them as I found a small plastic piece that looked  like it came from the latching mechanism of the sunglass door.