Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Overall Expected Long Term Battery Life

Spartyof83

Continuing with this thread, I'm down to 10 miles per charge with 35,000 miles on the car. Once again I brought it to the dealer and they responded "normal degradation" and pointed to the cashier where I had to pay my $140 diagnostic charge since the car is out of warranty.

While I love the car, I could never recommend the Energi based on my experience.

Post a screen shot from MFM showing how much battery is being used from full charge to empty. This is what I'm asking for:

post-1445-0-09254200-1547763850_thumb.png

• 7 months later...

Continuing with this thread, I'm down to 10 miles per charge with 35,000 miles on the car. Once again I brought it to the dealer and they responded "normal degradation" and pointed to the cashier where I had to pay my $140 diagnostic charge since the car is out of warranty.

While I love the car, I could never recommend the Energi based on my experience.

That's insane, something has clearly gone wrong and the battery is toast. Get an OBD bluetooth, usb or wifi device and download something called Forscan light for Android. You can then add the PID's for the BECM (i think) and see the kWh to empty after a full charge.

150,000 KM's on mine (93,000 miles) and I still get 4.7 KWh of used battery on the trip display + the 1 KWh for the hybrid portion... 0.5 KWh is completely reserved, so things are still looking good. Nearly all of the time I slow charge at home on 120v, 15A max, perhaps that helps.

I only get about 3.9 KWh out of my 2017 Energi with only 26,000 miles on it.  The Phoenix heat took its toll quickly.  I didn't know any better and charged it multiple times a day for the first year, even when it was 110+ degrees outside.  Still, I can get 25 or more EV miles per day, but used to get over 30.  

"The [Audi] E-Tron individually monitors and cools individual battery pack modules to keep them between 74-95 degrees Fahrenheit."

https://jalopnik.com/why-no-one-is-beating-teslas-range-1837952903

Our Energi doesn't do anything active until the battery temperature reaches 113°F. As one C-Max owner reported, he had battery degradation until he made the effort to keep his battery temp max at 105°F (he thought 102° would be a safer limit).