Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Good or Bad Lease Offer

Laxin23

Hi, 

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 2013 fusion Engergi Titanium with nav, moonroof and driver assist package. Here's the lease offer on the table...

MSPR: $43,585

initial Cap cost: $39,900

Adjusted cap cost: $31,445

Lease end-value: $26,151 

L.E.V %: 60%

Milage: 15K 

Months: 24

Down payment: 3K 

monthly base: $226

Total monthly with tax: $292 

Good or bad deal? On the surface it looks pretty decent to me? 

Thanks, 

Laxin

Hi, 

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 2013 fusion Engergi Titanium with nav, moonroof and driver assist package. Here's the lease offer on the table...

Thanks, 

Laxin

Remember you lose the $4007 tax credit on a lease.

Not exactly.  They roll that in to your lease price.  The dealership claims it since they're still the owner of the car, but they pass that savings on to the consumer.  Of course, the consumer cannot claim the credit themselves at that point.

Correct.  

But if you dont watch the numbers your credit could disappear in the "mystery math" of a lease.     

That sounds like a good lease.  Taxes are charged based on the initial capital cost while the base payment is based on the adjusted capital cost, which is why they are such a high percentage of the base payment.  Based on the adjustment it looks like they are deducting the $4000 tax credit, the $3000 down payment, and an extra $1500 incentive to come to a total of $8500 in adjustments that you don't have to pay for monthly but still need to pay tax on.  $300/mo with $3000 down is a great deal and I'd take it.

• 3 weeks later...

The lease deal offered to Laxin23 looks like a good deal to me.  I'm getting quotes in California for a 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium like this:

MSRP = 45715

Dealer Disc & Rebate = 9447

Vehicle Price Net after Rebate = 36268

Lease Term = 36 mos.

Mileage = 12K per year

Cash Down / Pmt

$2000 / $505

$3500 / $460

Purchase Option = 23107

What am I doing wrong?  I've never leased a car before and based on the deals others on here are getting the prices seem to fluctuate wildly.  Thanks!

Edited by expresspak

True...they have different options.  I would like the Titanium trim because of the push-button start etc.  Beyond that the only options I really care about are Driver Assist Pkg and Adaptive Cruise Control.  Anything else is extra...willing to take, but not needed.  

One dealer has a 13 SE (Salinas Valley Ford) but not a 13 Titanium.  The other has a 13 Titanium (The Ford Store Morgan Hill).  I've since decided I want the Titanium.  Looking for the best deal I can get.  

I think you're in a good position to bargain.  Several dealers in California still have inventories of 2013 Energi's which I figure they have to get rid off to make room for the 2014's.  Galpin Ford in Los Angeles had 73 (I think) 2013 Energi's in stock the last time I checked their website.  I just looked today and they only list 2014's....very odd.  I cannot imagine them selling 73 of them in a month!

Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego still has 2013 Titaniums but they seem to be selling 3 or 4 a month.  I bought my car from them in June and I think they had 29 in stock.  Today they have 14; 8 SE's and 6 Titanium's.  The research to find my car was fun for me because I initiated a chat and did all my negotiating through the chat.  Then it was much more fun to drive the car home!

I would say to keep searching online for what you want and go from there.  Apple Ford in Maryland had fantastic prices even when I was looking.  You might also try AutoTrader.com to search for what you want.  I think you could get a fully loaded Titanium now for what a less optioned SE was going for a few months ago.  

Let me know what you find! 

True...they have different options.  I would like the Titanium trim because of the push-button start etc.  Beyond that the only options I really care about are Driver Assist Pkg and Adaptive Cruise Control.  Anything else is extra...willing to take, but not needed.  

One dealer has a 13 SE (Salinas Valley Ford) but not a 13 Titanium.  The other has a 13 Titanium (The Ford Store Morgan Hill).  I've since decided I want the Titanium.  Looking for the best deal I can get.  

Also got this one for a 2013 Fusion Energi SE:

MSRP = 40880

Dealer Disc & Rebate = 9497

Vehicle Price Net after Rebate = 31383

Lease Term = 36 mos.

Mileage = 12K per year

Cash Down / Pmt

$2000 / $365

I like this pricing better but really want a Titanium.

The lease deal offered to Laxin23 looks like a good deal to me.  I'm getting quotes in California for a 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium like this:

MSRP = 45715

Dealer Disc & Rebate = 9447

Vehicle Price Net after Rebate = 36268

Lease Term = 36 mos.

Mileage = 12K per year

Cash Down / Pmt

$2000 / $505

$3500 / $460

Purchase Option = 23107

What am I doing wrong?  I've never leased a car before and based on the deals others on here are getting the prices seem to fluctuate wildly.  Thanks!

Hi, 

Thanks, 

Laxin

I think you're in a good position to bargain.  Several dealers in California still have inventories of 2013 Energi's which I figure they have to get rid off to make room for the 2014's.  Galpin Ford in Los Angeles had 73 (I think) 2013 Energi's in stock the last time I checked their website.  I just looked today and they only list 2014's....very odd.  I cannot imagine them selling 73 of them in a month!

Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego still has 2013 Titaniums but they seem to be selling 3 or 4 a month.  I bought my car from them in June and I think they had 29 in stock.  Today they have 14; 8 SE's and 6 Titanium's.  The research to find my car was fun for me because I initiated a chat and did all my negotiating through the chat.  Then it was much more fun to drive the car home!

I would say to keep searching online for what you want and go from there.  Apple Ford in Maryland had fantastic prices even when I was looking.  You might also try AutoTrader.com to search for what you want.  I think you could get a fully loaded Titanium now for what a less optioned SE was going for a few months ago.  

Let me know what you find! 

When I was at the Ford Store in Morgan Hill, CA two weeks ago buying mine they had 54 on hand or on order of the Energi's.

You can't order a 2013 :)

I am shopping for a Fusion Energi SE in the San Francisco bay area. I live in San Jose.

I want 15k miles/yr 3k down. 

I got a quote for the SE with the only option White Platinum paint for $600. The quote was $292/mo.

Then they lowered it to $267/mo the next day, after I walked out of the dealer.

I  have been bargaining with other SF area dealers from Salinas to Tracy, to San Jose area dealer,

saying that I would rather have the back up camera for $300 and the back up parking sensors for $300 or $600 total for the same deal.

I got a quote from Tracey Ford today, for the SE + Nav + back Camera + parking sensors for $277 with tax, Nav + Camera + parking sensors 15k miles and 3k down.

When I went to the dealer today to get the car, I found out that it didn't have the back up sensor.

They said they would install them, then they started trying to get me down to 2 years instead of the agreed upon 3 yrs.

So it was basically BAIT AND SWITCH or bait and then renegotiate at the dealer.

I went to another dealer Capitol Ford in San Jose and it was a similar tactic.

Can Ford dealers be trusted? I doesn't appear that they can be.

My last lease was a Lexus ES, and there was none of this.

Just top quality service all the way and verbal agreements were honored.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Are there any San Francisco area dealers you can trust?

Edited by jgcec@yahoo.com

Go to The Ford Store Morgan Hill.

Talk to "JC."  He's the most knowledgeable car salesman I've ever met.  It's not even close.  The guy knows soooo much about the Fusion Energi's and the dealership doesn't pay them on commission, only on units sold and customer satisfaction.  Make sure you call ahead and go on a day that he's working.

I called JC at the Ford Store in Morgan Hill.

Energi with nav + backup camera + back up sensors

15k miles, 3k down, 36 months

all monthly prices are WITH TAX

his price is about 360+/mo 

He is assuming a $30 drop per thousand leased of added options

the care he found had blind spot + rear inflatable seatbelts that add about 1300

24 months $398 36 months $394 

other dealers for 36 months

Fremont Ford quoted 377

Livermore Ford quoted 340

I got my new Energi today.

Ruby Red dune int,

Nav, back up camera, moon roof, 

the dealer is installing backup sensors and

guaranteeing parts and labor for the lease term of 36 months  and 45k miles.

I think the back up sensors aren't needed with the backup camera, but my wife wanted them.

total price was 312/mo with tax, with 3k down, 15k / yr for 3 years

at Tracy Ford,

I basically emailed everyone at the dealer including the general manager, to get their attention, because they were just ignoring me.

This same strategy worked at Fremont Ford when they first quoted me 284, and they gave me a quote for 312, minus the ruby red and moon roof

I talked directly to the general manager Wahid Nasrad

The sales agent quoted me 277/mo for 24mo with 3k down 

This was totally untrue as it was 36 months not 24 months,

but this was still the best deal I could find, so I took it.

although Livermore Ford and Fremont Ford were going to give

almost the same deal minus the moon roof and ruby red color.

Those 2 items would add about $30 to the monthly price so I am very happy with the deal,

because I was about to give up.

Main lesson in dealing with car dealers, 

get it in writing, email or fax before going in there,

because otherwise they will just wear you down.

FYI, if you are in CA I would strongly recommend to only do a 36 month lease so you can do the $1500 rebate with Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). If you do a 24 month lease you cant do the rebate. 

Also the Ford dealer I went to had no clue about the $1500 mail in rebate.

I got a Energi SE with moon roof & parking sensors only (no nav or camera). 10500miles 36month $340 after tax. 0 down

UPDATE - Trouble

I woke up at 3am after drinking too much coffee and noticed that the mileage on 

my lease contract was wrong it said 36k instead of 45k.

So in a pannick I drove back to Tracy Ford, about 60 miles at 5:30am to get the contract corrected.

You really have to be careful with that contract because it is not easy to see the terms of it.

In the future I am going to read the contract in advance if possible, before signing.