Ford Fusion Energi Forum

my ford mobile

cuznvin

I found a way to mess up the Myford Mobile stats for a drive...  I went to the grocery store a couple days ago, and when I parked, I forgot to close the windows and my friend opened the door before the window rolled all the way up.  I turned the car back on within like 10 seconds, rolled it up the rest of the way, and turned the car back off.  Well, now Myford thinks the entire trip was not EV and has 0's for all the stats including MPGe, except for how much battery was used (graphic only... the stat for that is also 0) and the distance driven.  I've been de-throned as the ratio champ and now I'm at 99% and ranked 10.  :baby: I'll be there for 30 days until the rolling period for that resets.

I've been de-throned as the ratio champ and now I'm at 99% and ranked 10.  :baby: I'll be there for 30 days until the rolling period for that resets.

I moved from #3 to #1 on braking... basement on the others since wife couldn't give a rip about ratios etc... so the braking miles really rack up when I drive it, but the 10% of the time that I drive it can't come close to making a dent in those other categories

Added - and I think there is something amiss with the category of miles since last fuel-up, for our car it says 31 miles like it has as long as I can remember, where the current tank is almost 1,000 miles.  I thought maybe the reset was triggered when you popped the gas tank (which means it would register a lot of fills since I pop it when washing/drying the car) but even that has been about 200-300 miles ago since the last time the gas tank lid was released.

Edited by jeff_h

I found a way to mess up the Myford Mobile stats for a drive...  I went to the grocery store a couple days ago, and when I parked, I forgot to close the windows and my friend opened the door before the window rolled all the way up.  I turned the car back on within like 10 seconds, rolled it up the rest of the way, and turned the car back off.  Well, now Myford thinks the entire trip was not EV and has 0's for all the stats including MPGe, except for how much battery was used (graphic only... the stat for that is also 0) and the distance driven.  I've been de-throned as the ratio champ and now I'm at 99% and ranked 10.  :baby: I'll be there for 30 days until the rolling period for that resets.

MyFord Mobile doesn't compute that EV ratio as I would expect.  0% EV miles for a 0 mile trip should not really affect your statistics.  However, I think MyFord Mobile simply averages all the EV ratios for each trip the past 30 days and weights them all equally, regardless of how many miles for the trip.   So if you have a 10 mile trip with 100% EV miles and a 0 mile trip with 0% EV miles, your score would be (100% + 0%)/2 = 50%.  I would have expected it to be (100%*10+0*0%)/10 = 100%  After all, all the miles are EV miles.   

If I look at my past 30 days, 80% of my miles driven are EV miles, i.e. so if I go 1000 miles, 800 of those miles are EV miles.  But my ratio score is 95%.  My long trips are about 60% EV, but I have many more short trips which are 100% EV.  So the way to increase your EV ratio is simply to take a lot of short trips in EV mode. 

Edited by larryh

Added - and I think there is something amiss with the category of miles since last fuel-up, for our car it says 31 miles like it has as long as I can remember, where the current tank is almost 1,000 miles.  I thought maybe the reset was triggered when you popped the gas tank (which means it would register a lot of fills since I pop it when washing/drying the car) but even that has been about 200-300 miles ago since the last time the gas tank lid was released.

It's calculating that in one of two ways... it's either counting how far you drive before you powercycle your car, or it's counting a plug-in as a fuelup too.  Mine was stuck at 11 miles forever until I went to the Plug-In day thing which was about 20 miles away... now my gas sipper stat is 20 miles and I've never even USED gas yet (1200+ miles).  I did power off and charge the car there, but someone else mentioned that they hadn't charged or put gas in the car for a very long trip, but that stat doesn't reflect it... it shows more along the lines of when the car was turned off and turned back on.

I put 2.27 gallons of gas into my car in May to verify the fueling system worked.  There have been no gas additions since then and my "sipper" value is 11 miles.  Makes no sense to me at all.  My last trip was 10.4 miles and then the battery was charged in 1 hour and 40 minutes.  10.4 miles doesn't round or truncate to 11.  The next to last trip was 10.7 miles which does round to 11.

Make sure the o's are zeroes.. once you register you have to wait to get a second message in the car before everything becomes active

Thanks.  I tried a couple more times and still no luck.  I'll call the number they provide tomorrow and see what's up.

This is the message I get:

The VIN or ESN entered is either incorrect, not compatible with MyFord Mobile, or not registered in our system. Please check your entry and try again. If you are having trouble, contact Ford’s In-Vehicle Technology Center at 1-800-392-FORD (3673).

I put 2.27 gallons of gas into my car in May to verify the fueling system worked.  There have been no gas additions since then and my "sipper" value is 11 miles.  Makes no sense to me at all.  My last trip was 10.4 miles and then the battery was charged in 1 hour and 40 minutes.  10.4 miles doesn't round or truncate to 11.  The next to last trip was 10.7 miles which does round to 11.

Same here. I have 5,150 miles on my car with only two fill ups and it thinks I've gone 40 miles without adding gas, stick there for a long while too. What a joke. I regularly go 40 miles without USING any gas, much less adding it. Fuelly hates me too and refuses to track my mileage.

Just passed 1K on mine.  I put gas in it a few days after I received the vehicle (had to use gas since the HV battery wasn't charged on delivery).  I put gas in last week - 4.8 gallons after going 651 miles since my last fill-up.  Well, my numbers did change from 50 to 83.  Neither of these numbers make sense...

Hi Fat Fusion,

Are you sure you are using the correct site? There are two MyFord Mobile's... one for fully electric and one for PHEV...

This is the correct one: https://phev.myfordmobile.com/content/mfm/en_us/site/login.html

Regards,

APM

Yep.  It's correct.  I just got off the phone with them and they're sending it to their "escalation team."  The fact that I bought it on a Sunday and it's only been 24 hours is likely the reason but we'll see what they come back with.

Is the website  having issues again??? cant update my charge or see my last trip and charge log.. saying last updated a few hours ago for my charge and trip and charge log is only showing the last charging info from last night. They should really put a note or something on there so customers know when there are site issues..

so guess something is wrong.. guess they expect their customers to just wonder if the site is down or not.. ford said it didnt matter if the car is in the garage because it works thru cell towers..

It matters in my garage.  The outside is stucco, which is applied over a metal screen, and the doors are steel.  The only way a radio signal can get into my garage is through the window glass.