Ford Fusion Energi Forum

my ford mobile

cuznvin

I find MFM very frustrating at times.  When it isn't working for me it seems to work for others.  Today both MFM on line and the app are working for me.  A couple of days ago the app wasn't working but on line was.

I tried contacting Ford once when MFM wasn't working for me and it took them over a week to reply to me saying they wanted to talk to me and requested that I call them.  By then it was working and I don't remember what the issue was.

I guess that is AGE..... :)

It was weird. Around lunch time today I plugged inat a charge point station while I had lunch and I couldn't get an update to see how much charge I had from the mfm app. I also noticed to ight when I checked the mfm website that it didn't even record that charging session at all, but it did catch me driving to the restaurant and back from the restaurant. I was going to blame it on the crummy AT&T service that's carrying the transport for Ford but if eveyone was having trouble around that time then it must be thier site instead... You'd think it would cache the data and reconcile at some point, but I guess not...

when was the new myfordmobile released? i wouldnt know if i was using the new or old one..

This is the email I got.  It's addressed to Focus folks, but is implies it will be merged with plug-in which means our would have to change also.

ChuckJ

Dear Focus Electric MyFord Mobile User,

This email was sent to inform you of the changes to the Focus Electric version of the MyFord Mobile website and mobile app. In order to provide the best consumer experience the Focus Electric version of MyFord Mobile will be merged with the Plug-In Hybrid version to create a single, user-friendly interface.

On Sunday, October 13th, from midnight to approximately 8 AM Eastern Time, the Focus Electric MyFord Mobile website and mobile app will be unavailable as we perform the necessary updates. During this time, any charge settings you have previously entered will function properly but will not be able to be altered via MyFord Mobile; this includes both Value Charging and GO Times features.

How will this benefit you?

• By combining the infrastructure of both the Focus Electric and Plug-In Hybrid versions of MyFord Mobile it will enable Ford to make future enhancements more quickly.

How will this impact you?

• You will still be able to use your existing user name and password on the new site.  In the event that you have both a Focus Electric and a Plug-In Hybrid account, the Plug-In Hybrid account credentials will take precedence.
  • There will be a new MyFord Mobile app available for both iPhone and Android. The existing Focus Electric app will no longer function or receive updates. You will need to delete the existing app and download the new app.
  • To ensure the system is displaying the most recent vehicle and driving information, you should press the “Update” button immediately after logging into MyFord Mobile.
  • Your data will be migrated from the current version to the new version.
  • You will have to re-enter any Value Charge times after selecting the “Update” button.

In addition, as we streamline the user experience the following features will be affected:

• The Discussion forum will become available one week later on October 20th
  • Trip Planner will be available only on the mobile app
  • Facebook and Twitter integration for driving achievements will be discontinued

We apologize for any inconvenience during this change as we make this change, and we wish many more all-electric miles in your future. Should you have any issues after the conversion please call the Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673. After the language prompt please select option 3 and then option 4 to be connected with the team that interacts with consumers on Ford’s In-Vehicle Technology.  The hours of operation are 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM M-F and 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM Saturday (Eastern Time).

Regards,

Beth Profitt                                                                                                           

MyFord Mobile Manager, Connected Services                                                   

Ford Motor Company                                                                                          

Chad D'Arcy

Focus Electric Marketing Manager

Ford Motor Company

This is the email I got.  It's addressed to Focus folks, but is implies it will be merged with plug-in which means our would have to change also.

ChuckJ

Dear Focus Electric MyFord Mobile User,

This email was sent to inform you of the changes to the Focus Electric version of the MyFord Mobile website and mobile app. In order to provide the best consumer experience the Focus Electric version of MyFord Mobile will be merged with the Plug-In Hybrid version to create a single, user-friendly interface.

On Sunday, October 13th, from midnight to approximately 8 AM Eastern Time, the Focus Electric MyFord Mobile website and mobile app will be unavailable as we perform the necessary updates. During this time, any charge settings you have previously entered will function properly but will not be able to be altered via MyFord Mobile; this includes both Value Charging and GO Times features.

How will this benefit you?

• By combining the infrastructure of both the Focus Electric and Plug-In Hybrid versions of MyFord Mobile it will enable Ford to make future enhancements more quickly.

How will this impact you?

• You will still be able to use your existing user name and password on the new site.  In the event that you have both a Focus Electric and a Plug-In Hybrid account, the Plug-In Hybrid account credentials will take precedence.
  • There will be a new MyFord Mobile app available for both iPhone and Android. The existing Focus Electric app will no longer function or receive updates. You will need to delete the existing app and download the new app.
  • To ensure the system is displaying the most recent vehicle and driving information, you should press the “Update” button immediately after logging into MyFord Mobile.
  • Your data will be migrated from the current version to the new version.
  • You will have to re-enter any Value Charge times after selecting the “Update” button.

In addition, as we streamline the user experience the following features will be affected:

• The Discussion forum will become available one week later on October 20th
  • Trip Planner will be available only on the mobile app
  • Facebook and Twitter integration for driving achievements will be discontinued

We apologize for any inconvenience during this change as we make this change, and we wish many more all-electric miles in your future. Should you have any issues after the conversion please call the Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673. After the language prompt please select option 3 and then option 4 to be connected with the team that interacts with consumers on Ford’s In-Vehicle Technology.  The hours of operation are 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM M-F and 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM Saturday (Eastern Time).

Regards,

Beth Profitt                                                                                                           

Ford Motor Company                                                                                          

Chad D'Arcy

Ford Motor Company

i am using the plugin app already.. thanks

I got this email which says they are postponing the upgrade.

ChuckJ

Dear MyFord Mobile User,

This email is being sent to inform you that we were unable to execute the changes of the MyFord Mobile website and mobile app that we had previously informed you would occur. We will now be making the aforementioned changes at a later date.

You may see the new version of MyFord Mobile in the app store or pushed to your phone as an update.  Please do not use this version and continue to use the version you have been.

We apologize for any inconvenience as we make this change. Should you have any issues, please call the Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673. After the language prompt please select option 3 and then option 4 to be connected with the team that interacts with consumers on Ford’s In-Vehicle Technology.  The hours of operation are 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM M-F and 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM Saturday (ET).

Regards,

Beth Profitt                                                                                                           
Ford Motor Company

Garett Carr
Electric Vehicle Marketing Manager
Ford Motor Company

Chad D’Arcy
Ford Motor Company

Well this is a bit of a snafu... I removed the new version, had already uninstalled the version I had been using, went to re-install the old version and all it does it tell me that there is a new app available and offers a link to go get it.

If they are postponing the migration, I hope the new app is pulled off and the old working app is restored soon!

For those on an iDevice - my version is MyFordMobile 1.4.2.ipa (looking in iTunes - show in finder).  It is working.  Jeff - I could email this to you - send me a pm if needed...

I have an android, have vesion 1.3.6 which is just a shell of an app that launches a popup about the migration occurring on Oct 13th... the only other one available is the new app, which I (and many others, I guess) found this morning to throw application errors. 

No biggie, will use the web site for now - thanks.

Delete all versions of MyFord  Mobile from your Android device.  I had two of them.  One was the stub they auto installed which overwrote the working version.  Once your Android device is clean download and install MyFord Mobile from the Play Store.  They appear to have put the old version back in the Store.  Mine is now working again.

i keep getting emails and texts saying...your vehicle is scheduled to start charging soon and needs to be plugged in.. I dont have anything setup to charge the vehicle at specific times.. just started today.. i also notice that if you activate the red button (so that the horn beeps) on the key fob, I get a message saying your vehicle had an accidental unplug while charging... It was not charging though!

Go to https://support.ford.com/tools/account/home.  The dealer set up my account when I bought the car.  If you don't have an account, you can create it using your VIN.  The updates are downloaded there.  The directions will walk you through downloading to a USB stick and then how to use this in the car to update.  BTW - I'm on Gen2 V3.6.2.  After installing the update in the car, up update process will add a file to the USB stick that you then need to upload to let SYNC know that you are up to date.  For some reason, the car can't just let SYNC know this...  

Edited by SD Diver

My Ford Mobile is not working at all for me since the announced the failed upgrade attempt. My last battery update shows to be a month ago and I get an "update failed" message every time I press the update button. Wazzup?

Okay, as I said, it has been a month since My Ford Mobile has communicated with my car so I finally called Customer Service for the web site. I was told they have had a few people call in on this problem and, so far, they have solved the issue by having the customer remove the fuse for the "Key Pad, Cell phone passport module". Right, sounds simple enough.

So the tech asks me if I want to try to remove the fuse or did I want to take it to the dealer, who might not know how to perform this task. I guessed I would give it a go.

So the tech pulls up an electronic version of my cars Owners Manual and tells me to go to the car and look for a fuse panel, which is located under and just to the left of the steering column. Uh, nope don't see that. Oh, he says, the book says it might be easier to see the fuse panel if you remove the finish trim piece under the steering column. Hmmm, I don't see a small trim piece that the fuse panel may be behind either, but wait a minute, maybe its this great big U shaped panel that is just under the dash and above the knee air bag. Let me see if I can dislodge that, I say. Yes, that is it and it goes from the driver side door to the console and is hinged at the bottom. And now that I have dropped that down I can see the fuse panel waaaay back there close to the firewall and it sits kinda sideways. Are you kidding me? How am I supposed see that much less locate and pull a fuse out of it? And which fuse am I looking for anyway?

Well, he says, its fuse #10. And I say what size fuse? 5 amp he says. Okay, I see a couple of 5 amp fuses which one do I pull? It's in position #10...it would help if you had your Owners Manual, he says. Uh, okay, but that's on my desk so I'll go get it and a flash light so I can see what I am trying to do...hold on.

The tech gives me a page number the diagram should be on but it is not on that page in my book so I thumb thru the pages and find the diagram (on p. 246) and locate the position of the 5 amp fuse in location #10. Great he says, when you have time, remove that fuse and wait for about five minutes for the module to reboot and then reinsert the fuse and wait for about 24 hours to see if the module is communicating with the web site. If it isn't call us back and we will bump this issue up to engineering. He hangs up.

Now I am on my own, back out at the car, laying on my back on the floor board of the car with my head under the dash board shining a light on the fuse panel so I can see it with my right hand and my left arm, hand and a pair on needle nose pliers are sticking through the opening in the front dash panel that revealed the fuse panel in the first place. Having had major back surgery about 14 months ago makes this a particularly uncomfortable position for me to be in, by the way.

It took me several attempts to get the three pronged fuse out but it did finally gave up the fight and loosed its grip, which I found very gratifying.

At this point supper was ready so I went in and ate and then went back out to assume my position, once again, to reinstall the fuse and found that process to be much easier then the extraction was.

I didn't think I really needed to wait 24 hours but I let things simmer until this morning and when I started the car this morning there was a message on the dash saying My Ford Mobile was up and running. And when I checked the web site all looked normal once again. Although I have lost all tracking for the last month.

The tech didn't say to call them back if this procedure worked but I will call them on Monday to let them know. But I also wanted to let all of you know what to do if your car loses contact with My Ford Mobile as well. Cheers :victory:

Edited by pluggedin