Ford Fusion Energi Forum

my ford mobile

cuznvin

When I log onto the website of myfordmobile it shows me battery status, charge settings, vehicle location, remote control.  I only wished the app provided this information.  I've tried to use the app to start the car in the garage of the house and me sitting at my desk which is only 10 "real" feet away from the car (-minus a few walls), but my router is on my desk and I have a fiber connection running at 100 megabits, and it never ever works. All the options are still X'ed out in the App.  

On a positive note, it has now been 4 weeks since we did a fill up, and only just now hit half a tank and have gone 800 mile. even though the onboard system says 159 mpg, we are actually getting 133 mpg.  I foresee us going north of 150 mpg on average.  

Your distance from the car has no bearing on the function. 

The app communicates through the cell phone network to Ford's MFM server which then places a call to the data transceiver in the car to execute the requested function.

The app provides all of the information that you mentioned but only after the second message to the car has been accepted on the car's screen 24 hours after the first message.

If you have done that then the next step would be to uninstall the app from the phone, restart the phone to get rid of any left over data, and then re-install the app.

Can you do all of the functions from the web site?

Hello,

Another big problem with MyFordMobile is that is does not track short trips. The threshold used to be 2 miles but I think it was lowered to 1.5 based on user comments. However, I think that 1.5 miles is still too long. I take several trips a day of less than 1.5 miles. Besides providing wrong information about miles driven, etc. it messes up the rankings at MyFordMobile. I have way more EV miles than actually reported, because I take 3 or 4 short trips a day of less than 1.5 miles. Over time these miles do accumulate. 

Regards,

APM

The app provides all of the information that you mentioned but only after the second message to the car has been accepted on the car's screen 24 hours after the first message.

If you have done that then the next step would be to uninstall the app from the phone, restart the phone to get rid of any left over data, and then re-install the app.

Can you do all of the functions from the web site?

Seriously?  I've done all of this 3 times already.  How is doing it a 4th time going to magically make it work?  Again, I have gone through all the steps of setting this thing up and waiting that stupid 24 hours to confirm it within the car 3 times already, and have deleted and reinstalled the app on the phone just as many times and it is still all X'ed out.  I've confirmed the website stuff, and I'm still at the same point I was when I got the car 2 months ago.  

I would really like to see a Ford rep chime in on this nonsense and straighten things out.  So far those yahoo's at the customer care center at myfordmobile only seem to know how to do is pass the buck.  I mean they got my money, why help me any further? 

Since you're able to access everything through the website (having received the second message in the car), the confirmation stuff is done.  There's nothing more to do there.  All the troubleshooting at this point should be focused solely on the phone.

Going to ask a stupid/obvious question.  I assume you're running IOS 7.  Are you running version 1.5 of the Myford Mobile App?  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myford-mobile/id599142823?mt=8

That version is the latest.  They used to offer separate EV/PHEV apps, but they combined them in to one.

One comment on the app may be worth a shot (I guess uninstall the app while signed in?)

I thought I may have not installed or activated something online, but nope. It wasn’t me. It was this app.
I could sign-in, and but it wouldn’t show me everything the online version would show, basically nothing. So, I got on here to write a poor review, and behold the answer was found in other reviews.
So first install this app, sign-in, then when it doesn’t work, Uninstall it. Reinstall the app, then sign in. Presto it works.
Thanks to all of the other reviewers who wrote the answer in.
Happy New Years Everyone!
Edited by Russael

Seriously?  I've done all of this 3 times already.  How is doing it a 4th time going to magically make it work?  Again, I have gone through all the steps of setting this thing up and waiting that stupid 24 hours to confirm it within the car 3 times already, and have deleted and reinstalled the app on the phone just as many times and it is still all X'ed out.  I've confirmed the website stuff, and I'm still at the same point I was when I got the car 2 months ago.  

I would really like to see a Ford rep chime in on this nonsense and straighten things out.  So far those yahoo's at the customer care center at myfordmobile only seem to know how to do is pass the buck.  I mean they got my money, why help me any further? 

Hey Apogee1, 

I'm here to chime in. Please send a PM with the email you use to log into the app, the type of phone you use (including software version), the VIN, mobile phone number, and some details about what you've tried so far. I'll help get to the bottom of this. 

Kim

Make sure the car is in a location where it can get a strong signal from the AT&T cell phone network.

If that doesn't work you could pull fuse #10 in the drivers foot well or if you don't mind resetting a few things disconnect the negative lead of the 12 volt battery which achieves the same thing without standing on your head.

Thanks murphy. After trying the acrobatics to get the fuse out, decided the battery was the easy way out :-)

MFM is now working again, and all I lost of settings was the MyView settings.

Well even though Kim chimed in, I don't have a lot a faith that this will resolve my issue.  She has already passed this onto some one else, and so now the whole process of answering the same tired questions start all over again.  Interestingly enough, I asked for a direct phone number to call in my reply email, that went unanswered. So instead of getting the "let me transfer you to that department" on the phone, I'm getting that same treatment via email, and with email it is A LOT slower. About to give up on this App and Ford all together.  I like my car, but customer care really sucks after they get your money. 

Well even though Kim chimed in, I don't have a lot a faith that this will resolve my issue.  She has already passed this onto some one else, and so now the whole process of answering the same tired questions start all over again.  Interestingly enough, I asked for a direct phone number to call in my reply email, that went unanswered. So instead of getting the "let me transfer you to that department" on the phone, I'm getting that same treatment via email, and with email it is A LOT slower. About to give up on this App and Ford all together.  I like my car, but customer care really sucks after they get your money. 

Apogee1, 

I've responded to your PM. Please respond with the requested information so I can escalate this and provide you with more information. 

Thanks, 

Kim

I check my email every single day looking for replies to my emails to which have have sent at least 5 of, all with no responses.  I got your PM's on this system, but honestly you have to pick ONE system to communicate on and stick to it rather than bouncing from system to system.  My last email was a simple one,  It said :  Before to move forward please respond to this email to verify you are getting my emails.  Sent it over a week ago, and still no reply.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has never done anything like that.  Makes me wonder if something is messed up with the GPS in your car...  Maybe your car REALLY wants to get out of the states for some reason. :)  Maybe it's hinting at vacation places for you? :D

Yeah seems to happen now and then, but then when I drive it again this morning it will likely be fine.  I take enough quick vacations as it is, drove over 4,600 miles in that car in April and May is going to be around 3,000 (the normal).  But I guess the car wants to find more exotic locations...

• 1 month later...

Make sure the car is in a location where it can get a strong signal from the AT&T cell phone network.

If that doesn't work you could pull fuse #10 in the drivers foot well or if you don't mind ........standing on your head.

This worked for me.

Mfm had not updated in about 2 weeks. I pulled the 5 amp fuse #10 (which is also fuse #11, thay share the three pronged fuse) and waited about 20 minutes. Then I once again contoured my body in the shape of a unside down pretzel and placed the fuse back in. Then everything worked....yeah, FusionEnergi is back showing over 10,000 EV miles and still under 200 miles on the ice. Almost 16 Months on the original tank of gasoline and still no forced burnoff.

Edited by FusionEnergi

This worked for me.

Mfm had not updated in about 2 weeks. I pulled the 5 amp fuse #10 (which is also fuse #11, thay share the three pronged fuse) and waited about 20 minutes. Then I once again contoured my body in the shape of a unside down pretzel and placed the fuse back in. Then everything worked....yeah, FusionEnergi is back showing over 10,000 EV miles and still under 200 miles on the ice. Almost 16 Months on the original tank of gasoline and still no forced burnoff.

You'll get fuel freshness mode in about 2 more months. :)  I won't hit it until November.  I'll probably wind up taking a local trip (couple hour drive) before that hits.  May as well use the gas for something useful than to let the car just burn it off.

• 2 months later...

FYI about the Gas Sipper stat... it seems with the last update that they did to the MFM website has finally fixed it.  Only took about 1 3/4 years. :)

It seems to be treated as a 'high score' board.  EG - I had a trip of 94 miles before the update took place, and after driving 95 miles post update, it began increasing daily.  It went up to 106, even though I do not have any trips exceeding 10 miles since my 94 mile trip.

I topped off my tank, so now I'll need to drive another 106 miles before it starts incrementing again.  But your highest miles driven score will remain and not be reset when you add gas.  Unless you exceed it, it will stay the same.

It still says within a 30 day period... so it might readjust itself for a 30 day rolling period, and not when you actually add gas.  Have to wait and see.