Griff

MFM and You  

70 members have voted

1. 1. MFM

• Makes me drive a little bet better than I otherwise would
    • Has no bearing on my driving habits
    • Causes me to drive like a well-seasoned octogenarian
    • Causes me mild anguish when I don't see the scores that I expected
    • Gives me deep-seated feelings of rage and hatred when my driving goes awry.

That's pretty bad that your VIN is not being accepted.  You already verified that it is correct by going to the two other sites if I recall.  Frankly, my dealer had me set up MFM and Sync while in his office.  We downloaded the iPhone app as well.  I remember thinking "does this guy think I'm an idiot or what?" - now I'm glad he did.  Did you try to have your dealer take care of it?  From your other posts, I know that you are tech savy - I'd lay this on your dealer.  This is just too weird...

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  Nothing.  Nada.  When I call, they say, "it's been escalated" or "a supervisor has emailed an engineer."  It's starting to get annoying.

What am I missing anyway?  What do you guys like to use the app for?

I use it to set my GO time.

It shows the car's location on a map.  Great if you have young drivers.

It shows the current odometer reading.

It shows the details of each trip segment.

Are you certain that you entered the VIN correctly?

I haven't seen any '14 VINs but with the '13 VIN the Energi model fields are P0S.  That is the letter P, the number zero, and the letter S.

A few people entered it as the letter P, the letter O, and the letter S which doesn't work.

MFM is driving me crazy.....I purchased by Ford Fusion Energi about 2 weeks ago and it wont take my VIN...I called support last week and they said my VIN was not in there database and that this was not the first time,,,they said they would have it done in 2-3 days and they would call...

Of course, I received no call after 6 days so I called back yesterday...I was told that there will be an update and maintenance from 9am - 3pm today and I should be able to register my car...well the site was done until about 9-10pm....went to enter the VIN and still NOTHING!!!

Im going to call back tomorrow and see what the heck is going on

Jesse, Fat,

Have you tried using your VIN in the Ford sites?

Try http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<your VIN here>  (Just the VIN, no < >)

or go to Ford Etis and do a vehicle lookup at:

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

If you can pull your sticker or maintenance record, that means your VIN is in a Ford database, just not the MFM database.  It's possible somebody just fat fingered your VIN in the MFM database and you need Ford to correct that.

Edited by http

Jesse, Fat,

Have you tried using your VIN in the Ford sites?

Try http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<your VIN here>  (Just the VIN, no < >)

or go to Ford Etis and do a vehicle lookup at:

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

If you can pull your sticker or maintenance record, that means your VIN is in a Ford database, just not the MFM database.  It's possible somebody just fat fingered your VIN in the MFM database and you need Ford to correct that.

Yeah, I've confirmed it's correct.

Actually got a call from Ford today to see if I could log in.  I was offsite at a supplier so I couldn't immediately check it.  Of course it doesn't work!  He said they had fixed some bugs with all the recent work so they wanted to see if it worked.  I guess I'll call them back tomorrow and let them know.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been calling MFM at LEAST once a week...they are really clueless to whats going on...I get the same response :"Engineers are working on it"......

I've found that you can get them to call you back if you stop calling them for a few weeks.  They then call you with absolutely no information or help.  I suspect we need them to delete our accounts, VIN, etc and we can re-sign up.

Does anybody have a 2014 Fusion Energi that does work on MFM?  Seems most of this particular kind of problem is related to the newest model year.

Hello everyone!

New Fusion Energi owner, new to the forum, and can say I do have a 2014 Fusion Energi and MFM app works.

Although, I can't get figure out how to change the color on my Fusion to white on the app.

I went to My Account > Vehicle management > Slected Vehicle > and it doesn't give me the option of changing the color.

Does anyone know how to change it?

I don't remember how I set it up.

Try this:  under My Account go to Vehicle and Driver Management.  You should see Vehicles and Drivers and Privileges.  Under Vehicles click on Add Vehicle.  Add your VIN, name it, and it will allow you to select your vehicle color. 

Thanks Eric- That's where I went, but for some reason it doesn't give me the option of changing the color. If I try to add the vehicle again, it will state the VIN is already registered.

I'm beginning to think I can only select the color when I initially register it..... aaand I may have been so excited to use MFM that I didn't realize I had the wrong color selected. :banghead:

Oh well, my Energi is white, but according to the MFM, it's black.

If you already set yourself up, go to the same place. Under Vehicles, next to your Name, click on Edit, hopefully you will see the list of colors.

I tried that. It didn't work. Only thing it lets me edit is the vehicle name, not the color.  I tried accessing from the iPhone app, and the regular website through my laptop. Same result. Maybe its an MFM glitch.. Can you edit the color of yours?

On iPhone app, click triangle in bottom right corner, on next screen scroll down to My Account section, choose Vehicle Management. On next screen click arrow to the right of your vehicle's name which takes you to Vehicle Details screen, in bottom section called Vehicle Color, click button next to your color, then click Save button near bottom right.

On iPhone app, click triangle in bottom right corner, on next screen scroll down to My Account section, choose Vehicle Management. On next screen click arrow to the right of your vehicle's name which takes you to Vehicle Details screen, in bottom section called Vehicle Color, click button next to your color, then click Save button near bottom right.

That is the screen I am on, but there is no "Vehicle Color" button. It says Vehicle Color, but like I said, not button.

I took a screen shot of what I'm looking at to show you guys (blurred the VIN), but forum isn't allowing me to post any pics yet. Maybe because I'm a newbie.  How many posts do I need to be able to post pics?