Griff

MFM and You  

70 members have voted

1. 1. MFM

• Makes me drive a little bet better than I otherwise would
    • Has no bearing on my driving habits
    • Causes me to drive like a well-seasoned octogenarian
    • Causes me mild anguish when I don't see the scores that I expected
    • Gives me deep-seated feelings of rage and hatred when my driving goes awry.

Go to your myfordmobile.com account.

Click on My Account.

Click on Vehicle and Driver Management.

Click the Edit button to the right of the vehicle name.

Click the radio button next to the color that you want.

Click the Save button at the bottom of the color list.

The car's name can also be changed on that screen.

Go to your myfordmobile.com account.

Click on My Account.

Click on Vehicle and Driver Management.

Click the Edit button to the right of the vehicle name.

Click the radio button next to the color that you want.

Click the Save button at the bottom of the color list.

The car's name can also be changed on that screen.

Hi Murphy. That is what I'm trying to tell you all.  The instructions you all are giving me is exactly what I am doing and exactly where I am, only my MFM does not give me the option of editng my colors.  The color vehicles don't even show up.  I can edit my vehicle name, but my MFM does not have vehicle color options to choose from. 

Do you know how many posts I need in order to upload a photo of my screenshot to show yyou what I'm talking about?

Hey Nemo, it sounds like you are in the right place.  I check the MFM app on my phone and I can change the color of my vehicle as well as on my computer.  From my computer this is what I see after I click on Edit when I am in the Vehicle and Drive Management tab.  A few times I just waited for MFM to update and eventually it did!  I hope it works for you soon.

post-259-0-25547100-1385345805_thumb.png

Hi Murphy. That is what I'm trying to tell you all.  The instructions you all are giving me is exactly what I am doing and exactly where I am, only my MFM does not give me the option of editng my colors.  The color vehicles don't even show up.  I can edit my vehicle name, but my MFM does not have vehicle color options to choose from. 

Do you know how many posts I need in order to upload a photo of my screenshot to show yyou what I'm talking about?

What browser are you using?

It works fine with Firefox.

Do you have Java and Flash installed?

They could be using either one or both of those on the web site.

Update: Neither Java nor Flash is needed to display the vehicle colors.

Edited by murphy

I finally got an answer to my question! I contacted MFM and it appears 2014 colors are not uploaded yet. This is MFM's reply to my question.

"If the vehicle is a 2014 model, the vehicle colors have not been loaded into our system yet and are not available to be selected at this time. This issue is being worked on but we do not have an estimated correction date at this time. I would just check back periodically to see if it has been resolved. "

Sucks to have to wait, but at least there's a resolution coming.

Ive been calling MFM at LEAST once a week...they are really clueless to whats going on...I get the same response :"Engineers are working on it"......

OK they must be working on it.  Mine's up and running, at least on the website.  Not sure about the app yet.  I got a call while driving from the customer service guy and he said the engineers had some questions about when my vehicle addition was hanging up and could they get my password.  I gave them the info and within a minute I got a message on the screen asking if MFM could do something or other, but since I was driving I didn't really read much of it just hit ALLOW.  Then the guy called back and said he was able to add the car.  Got home and was able to see this stuff!  BTW- he couldn't tell me what exactly had been done to the account, but hang in there.

FusionCharging_zps5c217772.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any trouble getting their VIN accepted by MFM? I had it working fine, then took my car in for some issues with the go times which were fixed with a software upgrade, but since then the MFM site does not recognize my VIN number which is perfectly legitimate. It worked fine until the folks at MFM thought it would be a good idea to delete it and re-enter all my information. Since then, it will not accept my VIN. I've got MFM working on it, but wondering if anyone has the same issue?

Hi everyone, 

I just started monitoring this forum today and took a moment to read through this thread. I noticed that some of you were having trouble with your MyFord Mobile accounts. Some may already be aware of the recent website migration that took place at the end of October. You may have noticed some changes to your accounts around this time. Please let me know if you have any general questions about your account. If you're experiencing issues specific to your account and vehicle, feel free to send the details in a private message so I can look into them further. I'll try my best to help!  :)

Kim

Welcome, Kim. Initially, I had zero issues with MFM until my Go Times were fixed on my Energi. After that, MFM won't accept my legitimate VIN as a sign in. I've had a case number (CRM 01009000000477) for over a month now and can't seem to get any satisfaction. I was working with Rich at MFM but this is really getting frustrating. Can anyone help???

John

Welcome, Kim. Initially, I had zero issues with MFM until my Go Times were fixed on my Energi. After that, MFM won't accept my legitimate VIN as a sign in. I've had a case number (CRM 01009000000477) for over a month now and can't seem to get any satisfaction. I was working with Rich at MFM but this is really getting frustrating. Can anyone help???

John

Thanks, John, 

Please PM your full name, VIN, and phone number. I'll see what information I can pull up. I am unable to access that case number. Is it from an email conversation with Rich?

Kim 

• 4 weeks later...

I just quit My Ford Mobil. I got fed up  with the fuel stats and then my Energi quit reporting so I said to myself fine and I dumped it.

Let me know if you're interested in troubleshooting. I'll work with you. 

MyFordMobile doesn't work any more.

What's happening with your MyFord Mobile account, JATR4?

Kim

Let me know if you're interested in troubleshooting. I'll work with you. 

What's happening with your MyFord Mobile account, JATR4?

Kim

No response from MyFordMobile for the last 4 or five days.  No response on either my computer or cell phone.  This coincides with an unusual occurrence when I started the vehicle.  The screen was blank for a couple of minutes, then a "sync update" came on and the screen was normal after a few minutes.  However, I have had no connection with the vehicle since that "sync".

No response from MyFordMobile for the last 4 or five days.  No response on either my computer or cell phone.  This coincides with an unusual occurrence when I started the vehicle.  The screen was blank for a couple of minutes, then a "sync update" came on and the screen was normal after a few minutes.  However, I have had no connection with the vehicle since that "sync".

Please send me a PM with your name and VIN. I'll take a closer look. 

Kim

Data point for those who have lost MyFordMobile connection:

About two weks ago when I started the Energi the MFT screen was blank.  This had never happened before.  I shut off the car and restarted it with no success.  Then a "sync update" appeared and afer the update the home screen came on.  Everything appeared to be OK except when I logged on to my computer and/or my phone I had no connection to MyFordMobile.  This went on for as many as 5 days.  I decided to delete my account on MyFordMobile and reregister the vehicle.  That is a 4-step process and the first two steps went smoothly.  But when I got to step three I was supposed to get a message on the screen in my vehicle.  I should have gotten an immediate response, taken the appropriate action and waited 24 hours for another message.  I did not get the message in step 3 of the registration process.  However, about three days later it appeared, I pressed allow (yesterday) and waited the next message to appear.  It appeared today after the 24 hour wait period and I am now connected.  Success.

I sent a message to Kim on the FordIVTteam when I was stuck on step 3.  I got a response that suggested I pull fuse #10, wait 3 minutes, reinstall the fuse and then reregister the account again.  I actually tried to pull the fuse but I couldn't even find the panel that needed to be removed to access trhe fuse box.  I read somewhere that you needed to be an acrobat to get to the fuse.  So I gave up on the fuse pull.  An alternative suggestion was to take it to the dealer and have them pull the fuse.  I really didn't want to do that.

The point is that deleting your account and waiting for the screen directions at step 3 of the registration process worked for me.  It did take 2 or 3 days longer than expected but I finally got the vehicle registered and am connected to MyFordMobile.

Kim, thanks for the help but time cured my problem.

Edited by JATR4

I sent a message to Kim on the FordIVTteam when I was stuck on step 3.  I got a response that suggested I pull fuse #10, wait 3 minutes, reinstall the fuse and then reregister the account again.  I actually tried to pull the fuse but I couldn't even find the panel that needed to be removed to access trhe fuse box.  I read somewhere that you needed to be an acrobat to get to the fuse.  So I gave up on the fuse pull.  An alternative suggestion was to take it to the dealer and have them pull the fuse.  I really didn't want to do that.

The point is that deleting your account and waiting for the screen directions at step 3 of th registration process worked for me.  It did take 2 or 3 days longer than expected but I finally got the vehicle registered and am connected to MyFordMobile.

Kim, thanks for the help but time cured my problem.

I know; that fuse is in a tricky spot. Thanks for letting me know that your issue has been resolved. I'm happy to hear it! 

Kim

I'm having a problem with the (message verbatim below).  I bought the car on Saturday and I've had no luck with either the VIN or ESN.  Calling the number, they confirmed that I'm putting the correct VIN and ESN.  I've sent you a private message with my VIN and ESN, but I could really use the help.

The VIN or ESN entered is either incorrect, not compatible with MyFord Mobile, or not registered in our system. Please check your entry and try again. If you are having trouble, contact Ford’s In-Vehicle Technology Center at 1-800-392-FORD (3673).