Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Spartyof83

Is anyone having trouble setting "Go times" on either online via the myfordmobile site or directly on the car? I can't seem to get my Energi to sync the times and days I set on the site to the car. It has a red message that reads "Go times schedule pending....". When I set them directly on the car itself, nothing happens either. It's getting chilly here in Michigan and I was hoping to have a toasty car courtesy of the plug in when I get ready to leave in the morning. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'll probably be re-setting my go times in the coming week... I've been remote starting the car just by the fob the last couple of mornings.  I'm fine if it's a little above 50... I'll just use the heated seat and that is nice 'n warm within a minute.  I let the car warm up while plugged in and when I go out to leave, I unplug it, which turns the climate back off, and I'm out on the road.  I did use the heat Tuesday morning since that was like 45 when I left... too cold for me with a light jacket on. :)  Works great but definitely shaves the miles off of the battery.

How long have you let your 'go times' set in pending?  Perhaps it'll send to the car at a slightly later time.

Nice to see another Michigan resident.  Finally.  :)

How does this functionality work?  If you set a GO TIME for 6 am, will it have everything up to temp at 6 for 15 mins?  Will it start a few mins early plus the 15 mins?  How big is the actual window, including the 15 mins?  There should be a snooze button on MFM!

Are the heated seats included in this?  I used my heated seats for the first time last night after seeing Greg Kihn at the local softball field.  Boy he really milked "The Breakup Song" to about 20 mins long, LOL!

Sparty this is a known issue...do me a favor and call Tim at ford..he is the supervisor.  When you go through the phone tree use the myfordmobile option.  I have an open ticket on this problem and it has been a month without resolution.

OK so when you say call Tom, should this get things going faster? Sounds like he hasn't resolved your issue if it's a month old? Any update on it?

I'll probably be re-setting my go times in the coming week... I've been remote starting the car just by the fob the last couple of mornings.  I'm fine if it's a little above 50... I'll just use the heated seat and that is nice 'n warm within a minute.  I let the car warm up while plugged in and when I go out to leave, I unplug it, which turns the climate back off, and I'm out on the road.  I did use the heat Tuesday morning since that was like 45 when I left... too cold for me with a light jacket on. :)  Works great but definitely shaves the miles off of the battery.

How long have you let your 'go times' set in pending?  Perhaps it'll send to the car at a slightly later time.

Nice to see another Michigan resident.  Finally.  :)

Hey Russael, it seems like my gotimes haven't worked at any point. Doing what you're doing manually is really what these gotimes are supposed to accomplish anyway. What's the point of offering the technology if it's not going to work?

Hey Russael, it seems like my gotimes haven't worked at any point. Doing what you're doing manually is really what these gotimes are supposed to accomplish anyway. What's the point of offering the technology if it's not going to work?

I use the Go Times when it's consistently cold.  For the time being, it's cold some days, not so cold the next, so I just remote start it when it's too cold for comfort (for instance, Tuesday night/Wednesday morning is supposed to have a low of 57... I won't remote start it for that).  I was using Go Times when I first took delivery of the car and they functioned normally, except for the first day.  First day didn't work at all, but all the subsequent days did.  Doing the sync only took a matter of minutes.

Just tested it and set go times for Monday thru Wednesday @ 7:30am for 72 degree temperature.  The Sync took 30 seconds.  Haven't verified it in the car, but the website acknowledged that it synced.

When I set these, I just left the Myford Mobile screen on the go time settings.  I also selected a temperature (I noticed it was defaulted to 'off').

Most of the other issues that people seemed to have reported is that Go Times do get set, but never activate.  That seemed to be a much larger concern.

Edited by Russael

• 3 weeks later...

I have been setting go times with no problem. Only problem is that the car never seems to respond. I have excellent cell connectivity so that's not the problem. I love the concept and would love for it to work. It's getting cold here in New York. The heater sucks lots of juice out of my battery, like 6 miles.

I would love to know the exact sequence of how it is supposed to work.

I use the Go Times when it's consistently cold.  For the time being, it's cold some days, not so cold the next, so I just remote start it when it's too cold for comfort (for instance, Tuesday night/Wednesday morning is supposed to have a low of 57... I won't remote start it for that).  I was using Go Times when I first took delivery of the car and they functioned normally, except for the first day.  First day didn't work at all, but all the subsequent days did.  Doing the sync only took a matter of minutes.

Just tested it and set go times for Monday thru Wednesday @ 7:30am for 72 degree temperature.  The Sync took 30 seconds.  Haven't verified it in the car, but the website acknowledged that it synced.

When I set these, I just left the Myford Mobile screen on the go time settings.  I also selected a temperature (I noticed it was defaulted to 'off').

Most of the other issues that people seemed to have reported is that Go Times do get set, but never activate.  That seemed to be a much larger concern.

I have been able to set the go times just fine, getting them to actually work has been the problem! MFM seems to set them fine, and even when I have set them manually, they "set" fine but never activate. Never once! I have had an open case with Ford for over two months now and nothing has happened.

I have no issue with the "go" times.  However, I did find that in order to have the "go" times work, you must leave the car with the climate power "on".  If climate is "off", the "go" times will not power "on" the climate.  For those who are having issues with it not working, make sure you have climate "on" prior to stopping your car for the day.

Lately, the mornings in CT are in the 30's, so the "go" times are a wonderful feature to use.

Steve

OK so I left the auto climate on last night in hopes that my gotimes would work now, ....got nothing. I set them manually on my vehicle, and it was cold again when I got it at exactly the time I set them for. I double checked with MFM to see if it was the same and it was. Has anyone actually found this feature to work yet? I mean setting the gotimes is not the problem, getting the car to actually respond seems to be.

I have had an open case with Ford for months. They claim they are aware of it and are working on it. It seems ridiculous that they would even offer the option if they haven't debugged it. I really thought this was once of the coolest features of the plug in but I've had the Energi since April and that hasn't worked yet.

I call 800 392-3673 then press 1, 3, then 5. I wouldn't hold my breath however. It may help if they hear from more Energi users who have had this problem.

Edited by Spartyof83