Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Bumper scratches

frbill

I was parking my Energi today and slowly ran into a raised curb(ARGH :rant2:) It did not seem to ding the mechanics of the bumper, although I have to check a panel gap to see if it is out of line. I did however scratch a couple of dings into the bumper. Is the bumper painted or is it a solid color. It was raining so it may just be wet but after I wiped away the extruded plastic from the scratches it seems that there is still the grey color of the rest of the bumper. The car is only one week old and I hate the idea of taking it to a body shop already but if the bumper is one solid color I think I will be able to handle it. If there is any white showing though I will almost certainly have to do something about it.

I will definitely not park in that area ever again! :banghead:

Peace,

Father Bill

Well, I took Stig into Ford and they said, " um, we can't help you, take it to the body shop we use". I did so and they quoted me $550 to get Stig back to factory fresh. I am never ever going to park on that street ever again! And they can't get to it until November 11. That means I will have reduced aerodynamic fluidness for the next 2 week.

Oh well.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

You wouldn't happen to be Stig on Myford that I've been trying to stay ahead of for the Renaissance Man category for region 5, are ya? :)

Aside from that, I haven't rubbed the painted part of my bumper on anything yet, but I have had the protruding black plastic in front of the tires rub on stuff once or twice.  My brother who just got a brand new 2013 Focus rubbed his front end on a parking block only 2 weeks after he got it and REALLY did a number on it. :(

Hi Russael,

Yes I am Stig, What is your car's name?

Unfortunately it was a little more than a bumper scratch. I got an estimate for a repair and it is like $550 ARGH :rant2: .

I really need to pay a little more attention when I park. I suspect I will be paranoid from here on forward.

Peace,

Father Bill

Unfortunately it was a little more than a bumper scratch. I got an estimate for a repair and it is like $550 ARGH :rant2: .

I really need to pay a little more attention when I park. I suspect I will be paranoid from here on forward.

You're in good company... a couple weeks ago week my wife used my car for a couple days out of the week, when I got it back I noticed that there was a small scrape on the bottom of the front bumper that I didn't see before (don't think I made it), and she has those concrete curb stops in her parking lot... I pointed out the scrape on my car to her, she said she didn't recall scraping anything -- then walked across the garage to look at the front of her car in the same area and said "HEY I GOT ONE TOO".... so how nice that we again have a his-n-hers setup, just not one that I would have chosen!  I've taken touch-up paint and covered as best as I can, far too many small dings on my car (30k of commuter driving through DC construction zones) for me to get too uptight about it anymore. :shift:

Hi Russael,

Yes I am Stig, What is your car's name?

Peace,

Father Bill

I would be "The White Fury".

Any kind of body work is expensive. :(  My brother decided to just let his go.  Fortunately that front bumper is fiberglass so it won't rust.

Edited by Russael