Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Navigation -- Car's location not accurate

mikenmar

• 1 month later...

Today MFM thinks the car is in Quebec...

Great, welcome to the twilight zone... as I noted in a post on the hybrid forum, I have to think that parking in that covered garage that I do (with the Chargepoint station) is a factor as it's the only place this occurs for me.  And also I checked the stats on Chargepoint and charged at that location 185 times last year and yet it still has never gone into EV+ before parking at that location.  EV+ is active at probably 5-6 other locations where I park my car often, but never for that twilight zone parking garage, for whatever reason.

• 3 months later...

It's been a few months, I thought my car had decided to stay on the home-front, but now it's Spring and I guess it's time to get more adventurous as twice this week the car has ventured to faraway places -- but since it only happens when plugged into the chargepoint station near work (which is in a covered garage and near a large satellite dish as shown above in the thread) it's just interesting to see where the car says it is, and I wouldn't want things monkeyed with anyway.

Back on Monday the car decided to go on walkabout - but on the bright side, MFM is working well when the car is on the other side of the world...

MFM_Location_20150427_zpscfffwb3p.jpg

And then this morning the car got closer to home again -- but sitting in the middle of the ocean off the coast of Atlantic City, and it's still charging!

MFM_Location_20150429_zps88thqfov.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I took the wife's Explorer in last week. We thought we would get it back the same day, but come to find out, they had to replace the GPS mod. I think Ford needs to change who they get their supplies from. A custom order or any brand new car, shouldnt have these kind of problems from day 1...and if we could charge ford as much as they charge per hour, they'll fix the supply chain.

• 2 weeks later...

Disconnecting the negative lead of the 12 volt battery should make everything restart.  Or you could pull the fuse for the GPS and verify it's not blown.  I don't know about a C-Max but disconnecting the battery in a Fusion is a lot easier than getting to the fuse panel.

The car has fixed itself this morning. I had checked it last night when my parents were driving and the navigation on the MFT screen wouldn't work and it still showed a goofy location. My mom texted me last night when they were coming home to say that it was now working and the location on MFM this morning shows correctly.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...