Ford Fusion Energi Forum

VOTE - Pictures CA HOV Sticker Placement

jgcec@yahoo.com

What are the requirements? You have to have on one every quarter?

Man I think I'd rather drive in the regular lane than use those!

1st I am sorry that you all in CA have to use the stickers to get access to HOV. I am glad you have the access to the HOV lanes. The placement that seems least ugly is #2.

Good luck!

Peace,

Fr. Bill

I'd go with 

P1050364

The CA DMV says the HOV Sticker has to go on the right side of front bumper,

the problem is that modern cars don't really have bumpers in the traditional sense

The picture from CA DMV shows a typical car from 30 years ago.

I have seen pictures and I went to a Ford dealer that already had the stickers, and 

LEFT AND RIGHT PLACEMENT

the placement can be from near the license plate to just in front of the front wheel on the front quarter panel.

HIGH OR LOW PLACEMENT

It have also seen it placed at the very bottom of the front bumper area, to just below the headlight.

So this gives a wide range of options.

Edited by jgcec@yahoo.com

Just wondering, has anyone ever played with the idea of attaching them by other means? I had a fender bender and had to replace my front bumper, well taking off the stickers was a PAIN, when you peel them off the word "void" stays on the bumper and then its a very good adhesive I had to find some chemical (cant recall the name) that worked pretty good. now with the new stickers I have them in the glove box, I had them incase I need them one day. 

Just wondering, has anyone ever played with the idea of attaching them by other means? I had a fender bender and had to replace my front bumper, well taking off the stickers was a PAIN, when you peel them off the word "void" stays on the bumper and then its a very good adhesive I had to find some chemical (cant recall the name) that worked pretty good. now with the new stickers I have them in the glove box, I had them incase I need them one day. 

I don't live in CA and have no need for HOV Sticker but I can't stand putting any adhesive based product on my car. I will buy sheets of flexible magnetic material that I can then shape in the form of whatever sticker I want to put on. Then it is just a matter of finding some metal to stick it to. Not sure if that helps but that is probably what I would do.

Peace,

Father Bill

• 9 months later...