Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Getting Ready to Order a 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium - need help!

TCMALIBU

I am going to place an order for the car by end of year and have seen quite a few new or supposedly new features as well as new upgrades that can supposedly be added, but not on the Ford site....at least when you 'build your own'.  Hoping some of you can help.....

• Does the Energi Titanium allow for an upgrade to 18" tires/wheels?
  • Looks like cooled seats and heated steering wheel are now options - but can you order this car with Perfed leather other than black or red?
  • Does the new body style have the dual exhaust look of the Hybrid? (It looks like this is a no - what a shame!)
  • Does Ford offer an integrated Garage door opener without the moonroof? At 6'7" moon roofs are a no go as the take away headroom. BTW, I think this  is a no, but heck, I didn't know there were cooled seats until I came here!

Thanks for any light you can shed.....BTW, I will be moving from a MB E350 Sport to the Fusion....anyone make a similar move? Happy? Not Happy?

TCMALIBU

Hey TCMALIBU!

It seems the answers to your questions are all "No". I had read earlier in the year that 2014 would have a light gray leather option called Ceramic. But I don't see that as an option yet, just the standard Charcoal and optional Brick Red.

No on this forum has been unhappy in buying the Energi. It turns you into a different driver when you're behind the wheel! But many have another vehicle to drive so you don't forget who you really are.

• Looks like cooled seats and heated steering wheel are now options - but can you order this car with Perfed leather other than black or red?

I think the answer to at least the above one is 'yes' if you want the soft ceramic (light gray) leather, that can be combined with the new options -- see below window sticker which shows them going together -- the below is on a Titanium Hybrid,  but it *should* also apply to Titanium Energi.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0RU1ER224838

Here is a pic I posted on the hybrid site, to contrast the 'light stone' leather that I had on my 2010 hybrid to the 'soft ceramic' leather on the 2014 Fusions.

Leather_Colors_zpsdd064c4d.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

Interesting... The Ceramic interior doesn't show up as an option on Ford's website when doing a build with a Hybrid Titanium. :doh:

I would've definitely preferred a gray interior over black with mine and I would've loved a heated steering wheel.  But, they are things I can live without.  I love my car. :wub:

Interesting... The Ceramic interior doesn't show up as an option on Ford's website when doing a build with a Hybrid Titanium. :doh:

I would've definitely preferred a gray interior over black with mine and I would've loved a heated steering wheel.  But, they are things I can live without.  I love my car. :wub:

Well you see the pic I noted above that shows the color as a light gray, however here is a more realistic look at it and it looks pretty light (which may or may not be what the prospective buyer wants), however it looks like this clip was made while it was sunny outside so that could have had an effect on how it looks in the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZ84W2Ovn8#t=0

I really appreciate all the input, but still not sure if the Gray (ceramic)  interior is really an option - but I hope it is.

Why they chose not to use the dual exhaust - even from a looks perspective, is beyond me though. Unless of course it has something to do with engineering. 

Really think this is a cost thing. The extra money is not just in the materials but also the design (even if its a dummy) to our engine. For now the batteries are pretty expensive and limit the profit margins. You only have to look at the Cadillac ELR to see what normal margins can do to the price. (I think that GM made a huge mistake trying to profit off this car too soon.)

Garage door opener: Unfortunately, you have to purchase the moon roof to get the garage door opener.  I think this is pretty pathetic on Ford's part.  If your purchase a Titanium, you should get a garage door opener button.  There is plenty of room in the car for one more button.  Like yourself, I elected to not get the moon roof and it kind of irritates me that I have to use the garage door opener remote with a $40k plus car.  It's one button Ford!!!

Garage door opener: Unfortunately, you have to purchase the moon roof to get the garage door opener.  I think this is pretty pathetic on Ford's part.  If your purchase a Titanium, you should get a garage door opener button.  There is plenty of room in the car for one more button.  Like yourself, I elected to not get the moon roof and it kind of irritates me that I have to use the garage door opener remote with a $40k plus car.  It's one button Ford!!!

Agreed!!!!  Didn't want the moonroof, as it cuts down on headroom.  Ford should do a recall to add Homelink!