Ford Fusion Energi Forum

"Stop Safely Now" Warning

Dabu

I now have had the car for a little less than a month, I am thrilled with the car.  However, yesterday, the "service engine soon" light came on.  It had been raining, so I thought maybe water condensation in the fuel tank might be the cause, so I filled my tank (only used 1/2 a tank so far for ~ 740 miles of driving).  This morning, the light went off, so I assume everything was ok.  However, as I was driving down the hill from our house, the "stop safely now" light came on suddenly, with loss of power to the wheels, though I was able to steer and brake.  I did have the "drive with grade assist" on and the battery was almost full.  At this point, the air vents also turned on full blast, not sure if the AC was on as well, and I could not turn them off via the climate control button or panel.  I pulled off to the side and was able to turn the car off and then restart.  I have been looking on the web, and it looked like this warning has been a big to do with the Ford Focus Electric.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this with a Ford Fusion Energi.

I have not had time to do so, but would running a health report using Sync be helpful here?

Thanks.

I had the Stop Safely Now message as well as a service engine soon, plus other messages.    The car wouldn't start at all, meaning it wouldn't "go", even though the battery indicated it was full.   It was towed to the dealer and I am waiting to see what the problem is.   The car only has 2,500 miles on it.

You might want to just take it to the dealer to head off future problems.

So far it has not happened again.  I am thinking of bring it in, but from the forum, it seems that unless it is something obvious, it is low yield.

As for grade assist, I usually turn it on when I go down the hill.  But after getting the 240V charger, the battery is full most of the time and the grade assist goes to rev-ing the ICE engine instead of charging the high voltage battery.  I wish there were someway of charging to 80 - 90%, so that I can recupe some of the energy from climbing the hill.

• 3 weeks later...

I now have had the car for a little less than a month, I am thrilled with the car.  However, yesterday, the "service engine soon" light came on. ...

I had the Stop Safely Now message as well as a service engine soon, plus other messages.    The car wouldn't start at all, meaning it wouldn't "go", even though the battery indicated it was full.   It was towed to the dealer and I am waiting to see what the problem is. ...

Hey Dabu and Mark,

Have you been able to get this resolved in the last couple weeks? I'm new to the forum, so I didn't see your posts until now. If you're still experiencing this concern, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into some options.

Ashley

• 4 months later...