Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Official Ford IVT Representative

FordIVTteam

Hello everyone! 

My name is Kim and I'm the new IVT representative that Ashley was talking about on her welcome post. If you haven't checked it out yet, click here: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1575-official-ford-service-rep/?p=9880

I'll be looking through the forum and posting where I can be helpful. I'm here to answer questions about SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SiriusXM. MyFord Mobile questions are included in this bunch, so feel free to direct those at me as well. I'm excited to become part of this community and get started. Don't be shy; ask away!  :)

Kim

Welcome, great to have you Kim!

Quick question. I just got my car weekend before last, got the MyFord Mobile app (iphone), did the car recognition, did the verification 24 hours later. But on the app, most all items are still blocked off (red crossed through), so I cannot see cars location, view charge, change charge profile, etc.

Is there another step I missed, or do i need to delete and start over?

All these things work fine from teh MyFord web page, just not the app.

Thanks, and welcome again!
Brian

Great!  I have two MFM issues. First, last week I experienced a lot of duplicate trips showing for unknown reason, and the charging sessions also disappeared.  This also happened a few months ago and I opened a ticket with the MFM team but never heard back about it.

MFM_Trips_13Dec13_zpsdd9b4570.jpg

Second, wondering what criteria are used to determine how many miles since the last fill-up as mine will always say either 31 or 39 miles, despite the fact that I have now gone over 1,200 miles on this tank.  And I can't be alone seeing that the highest number shown below is 377 miles.  There are several here on this forum that routinely go over 1,000 miles on a tank, so I think this function is messed up for everyone.

gas_sipper_dec2013_zps141979c5.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

Welcome, great to have you Kim!

Quick question. I just got my car weekend before last, got the MyFord Mobile app (iphone), did the car recognition, did the verification 24 hours later. But on the app, most all items are still blocked off (red crossed through), so I cannot see cars location, view charge, change charge profile, etc.

Is there another step I missed, or do i need to delete and start over?

All these things work fine from teh MyFord web page, just not the app.

Thanks, and welcome again!

Brian

Hi Brian, 

Congrats on the new car! First I'd like to make sure you have the correct app downloaded. If you're not sure, search for MYFORD MOBILE in the app store and make sure you've downloaded the one that does not say FOCUS EV or PLUG IN HYBRID. It should only say MYFORD MOBILE. 

If I guessed right, download the correct app and follow the same steps that you mentioned. It sounds like you were doing everything spot on. If you already have the correct app downloaded, let me know and I'll do some digging. :)

Great!  I have two MFM issues. First, last week I experienced a lot of duplicate trips showing for unknown reason, and the charging sessions also disappeared.  This also happened a few months ago and I opened a ticket with the MFM team but never heard back about it.

MFM_Trips_13Dec13_zpsdd9b4570.jpg

Second, wondering what criteria are used to determine how many miles since the last fill-up as mine will always say either 31 or 39 miles, despite the fact that I have now gone over 1,200 miles on this tank.  And I can't be alone seeing that the highest number shown below is 377 miles.  There are several here on this forum that routinely go over 1,000 miles on a tank, so I think this function is messed up for everyone.

gas_sipper_dec2013_zps141979c5.jpg

Hi jeff_h, 

Thank you for the screenshots. Those are very helpful! For your first concern, I'd like to clarify; did this happen twice? Is it functioning properly now? As for your second concern, I think you may be right. I'll have to check with my co-worker for the specific criteria used for this calculation (they took off for the night already). I'll get back to you once I speak with them. 

I work closely with the MyFord Mobile phone agents. I'd like to see if I can find information on that open ticket. Do you mind sending me a PM with your full name, zip code, and VIN? If I see any updates, I'll let you know. 

Kim

Thank you for the screenshots. Those are very helpful! For your first concern, I'd like to clarify; did this happen twice? Is it functioning properly now? As for your second concern, I think you may be right. I'll have to check with my co-worker for the specific criteria used for this calculation (they took off for the night already). I'll get back to you once I speak with them. 

Yes it happened on two different occasions - first time about 2-3 months ago and I got a ticket opened up and based on info from a fellow forum user I emailed that ticket number to Joe (don't recall last name) from the MFM team.  It went away a few days later but the MFM customer service team never replied with something like 'we found something and it should be fixed' or similar, I never heard another thing about it so nobody ever closed the loop.  Then last week it started again where the driving trips were showing multiple times and the charging sessions weren't showing at all (as shown in the screenshot) -- but now it is working normally where my trips and charges are showing OK.  I will PM you the info about my VIN and maybe someone can dig into the DB to look at the past transactions for the VIN and see what happened.  As for the 'My Community' thing with the gas sipper, yeah something is amiss there and there are surely bigger fish to fry, but if the feature is going be shown on the website then it should be accurate and a few of us have observed the discrepancy in past posts here on the forum.

New Status for MFM

Hi Kim.  I think it's great that you are participating in this forum.  Kudos to Ford for being attentive to our needs in our growing market niche.

So many of us have had difficulty getting our "go times" to work and it's difficult to determine if the preconditioning has started.  Is it possible to perhaps add a status to MFM that shows the car "Preconditioning started" and perhaps "Preconditioning complete"?  It's similar to the "Charge complete" status we receive at the My Ford site.

Thanks,

Steve

Yes it happened on two different occasions - first time about 2-3 months ago and I got a ticket opened up and based on info from a fellow forum user I emailed that ticket number to Joe (don't recall last name) from the MFM team.  It went away a few days later but the MFM customer service team never replied with something like 'we found something and it should be fixed' or similar, I never heard another thing about it so nobody ever closed the loop.  Then last week it started again where the driving trips were showing multiple times and the charging sessions weren't showing at all (as shown in the screenshot) -- but now it is working normally where my trips and charges are showing OK.  I will PM you the info about my VIN and maybe someone can dig into the DB to look at the past transactions for the VIN and see what happened.  As for the 'My Community' thing with the gas sipper, yeah something is amiss there and there are surely bigger fish to fry, but if the feature is going be shown on the website then it should be accurate and a few of us have observed the discrepancy in past posts here on the forum.

Thank you for the clarification. I received your PM and I'll respond shortly. This will make it easier for me to keep all of your info in one place. Keep an eye out for my response. :)

New Status for MFM

Hi Kim.  I think it's great that you are participating in this forum.  Kudos to Ford for being attentive to our needs in our growing market niche.

So many of us have had difficulty getting our "go times" to work and it's difficult to determine if the preconditioning has started.  Is it possible to perhaps add a status to MFM that shows the car "Preconditioning started" and perhaps "Preconditioning complete"?  It's similar to the "Charge complete" status we receive at the My Ford site.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi SteveEnergi, 

I can confirm that there aren't any website issues reported with Go Times at the moment. Currently, there is not an option on the website or app that will allow you to see the preconditioning status of your vehicle. Any specific suggestions for the website should be posted here as an idea: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/

If you (or anyone who reads this post) is having issues with their Go Times not working, send me a PM with your full name, VIN, and phone number. Let me know some specifics about what is happening and I'll determine if we can troubleshoot the concern or if it should be escalated. 

Kim

Hi SteveEnergi, 

I can confirm that there aren't any website issues reported with Go Times at the moment. Currently, there is not an option on the website or app that will allow you to see the preconditioning status of your vehicle. Any specific suggestions for the website should be posted here as an idea: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/

If you (or anyone who reads this post) is having issues with their Go Times not working, send me a PM with your full name, VIN, and phone number. Let me know some specifics about what is happening and I'll determine if we can troubleshoot the concern or if it should be escalated. 

Kim

Kim, my "go times" are now fixed as of yesterday with the application of this TSB 13-05-28 REPROGRAM FCIM TO LATEST CALIBRATION.  The problem we are experiencing is that the dealers are reluctant or cannot apply this TSB because the description states TSB 13-5-28 - CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM BLOWS COLD AIR DURING REMOTE START EVENT—DEFROST NOT SELECTABLE UNDER REMOTE START MENU IN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

Is there a way for Ford to amend the description to include "car not preconditioning with go times", or something like that?  This will prevent others from having difficulty getting their dealer to troubleshoot and fix the problem.  See the "go time" thread:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1362-go-times/

I'll do as you suggested regarding the MyFord mobile change.

Thanks,

Steve

Kim, my "go times" are now fixed as of yesterday with the application of this TSB 13-05-28 REPROGRAM FCIM TO LATEST CALIBRATION.  The problem we are experiencing is that the dealers are reluctant or cannot apply this TSB because the description states TSB 13-5-28 - CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM BLOWS COLD AIR DURING REMOTE START EVENT—DEFROST NOT SELECTABLE UNDER REMOTE START MENU IN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

Is there a way for Ford to amend the description to include "car not preconditioning with go times", or something like that?  This will prevent others from having difficulty getting their dealer to troubleshoot and fix the problem.  See the "go time" thread:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1362-go-times/

I'll do as you suggested regarding the MyFord mobile change.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi SteveEnergi, 

Good; I'm glad your go times are working properly again. I don't have the power to make those changes on a TSB, but I've passed your suggestion along. Thank you for the feedback. :)

Kim

I had a similar issue on Android.  I went to Settings -> Apps -> MyFord Mobile, and chose "clear data" to erase all the data the app was storing.  I re-opened the app, signed back in, and the red cross through icons went away and everything started working correctly.  If there's a similar clear data or clear cache option on iPhone, it may do the same trick.  Otherwise, maybe uninstall and reinstall the app?

Hey folks!

I just want to let you all know I won't have a chance to monitor this forum today due to some meetings I have scheduled. (I'm actually in one of them right now; shhh don't tell.) ;) I'll be going through posts and PMs on Monday. Sorry to leave some of you hanging!

Kim

HI Kim,

I just saw the news that AppLink will be made available to a lot more vehicles. Will the Fusion Energi be included in the update?

Thanks,

APM

Hello apm,

If you saw something in the news, it was most likely referring to this article: http://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/01/03/ford-offers-sync-applink-for-3-million-more-customers.html Just in case you noticed the picture of a touchscreen at the top of this page, I want to clarify that it is not a MyFord Touch system. Ford is currently focusing on making AppLink available to Gen 1 systems. I haven't received any information on the availability of AppLink for MyFord Touch systems. Continue to check here for future update announcements: http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=fordsyncmb&listMode=0

Kim

At the MFM web site, I see my trip this morning is repeated nine times in the Trip and Charge Log.  That's not going to help my rankings.  It should repeat one with a better driving score and higher percentage EV.  I don't think the problem with duplicate entries has been fixed yet. 

med_gallery_187_17_106266.jpg

Edited by larryh

It's all pretty much worthless. 

My trip to the bank yesterday was not recorded because it is only 0.3 miles from my house.

My trip to the post office this morning was half recorded.  The trip to the post office was omitted because it was about 1.2 miles.  The trip home from the post office was recorded at 1.4 miles.

Record everything and let me decide what is useful and what is not.  I guess if I want an accurate log I will have to reinstall my old Davis Car Chip.

:rant2:

My trip to the bank yesterday was not recorded because it is only 0.3 miles from my house. My trip to the post office this morning was half recorded.  The trip to the post office was omitted because it was about 1.2 miles.  The trip home from the post office was recorded at 1.4 miles.   Record everything and let me decide what is useful and what is not.

Yeah I don't know what the distance threshold is, I think the shortest I've seen is about 1.2-1.4 or so. I would also like a simple 'output to CSV' option in there so I can save off stuff before it falls out of view on the MFM page.

I've had that dupe trip issue occur twice, is now working fine, but I guess from looking at the above the landmines are still out there.

Hi, Kim:

I posted the following in the incorrect forum (2013 Ford Fusion Energi instead of either here or 2014 Ford Fusion Energi).

My boyfriend and I just purchased new Ford vehicles.  I purchased the 2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium and he purchased the 2013 C-Max Energi.  We were both able to register with SyncMyFord and MyFord Mobile.  However, although he was able to register his C-Max VIN with MyFordMobile, I have still not been able to register my Ford Fusion Energi.  My Dealer is unfamiliar with this issue.  They helped me perform a master reset, but that didn't fix the issue.  When I mentioned removing fuse #10, they looked at me funny and basically stated that that would be a master reset.  I contacted the help desk on three different days and spoke with three different people.  I currently have an open case # and they are supposed to be looking at the issue.  Also, on the SyncMyFord website, my account shows me having a Ford Fusion Titanium and not a Ford Fusion Energi Titanium (while my boyfriend's account shows him having a Ford C-Max Energi.  I am not sure if this is what should show on the website?  The Dealer checked my VIN on their website and it shows it as a Ford Fusion gas/electric engine, which to us indicated it was registered in their system as an Energi.

Please let me know if you would like the case number and I can send you that separately.  Thanks for any help.

Hi, Kim:

I posted the following in the incorrect forum (2013 Ford Fusion Energi instead of either here or 2014 Ford Fusion Energi).

My boyfriend and I just purchased new Ford vehicles.  I purchased the 2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium and he purchased the 2013 C-Max Energi.  We were both able to register with SyncMyFord and MyFord Mobile.  However, although he was able to register his C-Max VIN with MyFordMobile, I have still not been able to register my Ford Fusion Energi.  My Dealer is unfamiliar with this issue.  They helped me perform a master reset, but that didn't fix the issue.  When I mentioned removing fuse #10, they looked at me funny and basically stated that that would be a master reset.  I contacted the help desk on three different days and spoke with three different people.  I currently have an open case # and they are supposed to be looking at the issue.  Also, on the SyncMyFord website, my account shows me having a Ford Fusion Titanium and not a Ford Fusion Energi Titanium (while my boyfriend's account shows him having a Ford C-Max Energi.  I am not sure if this is what should show on the website?  The Dealer checked my VIN on their website and it shows it as a Ford Fusion gas/electric engine, which to us indicated it was registered in their system as an Energi.

Please let me know if you would like the case number and I can send you that separately.  Thanks for any help.

Hi lhowes65,

No worries! I actually saw your other post first and responded there: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1624-connecting-fusion-to-my-ford-mobile/?p=10657

Kim

Kim,

I am having trouble with MFM. Last week I forgot to plug my car in twice so I went to MFM and checked the box 'plug in reminder', under Notification Settings in hopes that MFM would notify me when I parked the car in the garage and forgot to plug the car in to charge the battery.

What I get instead is a notification that my car is set to charge at like 2 AM (no go times set) but the car is unplugged, even though it is plugged in. The result of the notification is the car just sits there waiting for a charge that never starts. I plugged the car in yesterday afternoon and the car was still waiting for the charging process to start at 8 AM this morning. That scenario has played out twice since I checked the plug in reminder box, which is now unchecked.

My Ford Mobile has been virtually useless to me, except for me to see if the car is charging and what percent the battery is charged to. Practically nothing else matches the actual stats on the car so my stat comparisons to other cars in my region are way off. For example, my odometer reading, under Vehicle Info, reads 7,535 miles; which is correct. However, my miles driven, under My Driving, shows 5,582 miles.

Even though I just completed three month and 1678 miles (180.4 mpg) on one tank of gas, MFM rates me at 118th in my region. That makes no sense except for the fact that my car and MFM quit communicating a month or so after I bought the car, so that might explain the odometer reading and the miles driven difference.

Go Times, I gave up on those six months ago.

At this point, I would just like for MFM to notify me when I forget to plug the car in, if that is what it is supposed to do when I check that little box in Notification Settings. Any help you can give me in that respect will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by pluggedin

Dear Kim;

Welcome to this web site.  I appreciate your taking the time to look into My Ford Sync problems for us.  I have one question at present.

I purchased a brand new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE on January 4 which had the latest software upgrades performed at the dealer

prior to my taking delivery of the car.  The problem is that at SYNCMYRIDE.COM the web site states that the car still needs a software

update.  I phoned Ford and was told how to notify Ford of the update by running a vehicle health report through my cell phone and

thus reporting the update to Ford and ultimately to SYNCMYRIDE.COM.  I have tried to do this several times, with the cell phone trying to

place a call to the number 888 796 2864.  Every time I have tried this the call fails to go through.  Has Ford changed the number or are

there specific times when the number is not available?  If the number has changed how do I get the software in my car to call the new

number?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

carnut56