Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Official Ford IVT Representative

FordIVTteam

At this point, I would just like for MFM to notify me when I forget to plug the car in, if that is what it is supposed to do when I check that little box in Notification Settings. Any help you can give me in that respect will be greatly appreciated.

Hi pluggedin, 

Although it sounds like you have everything set up correctly to receive a reminder notification, I'd like to take a quick look at your account and see if this is something we'll need to escalate. I'll let you know what I suggest either way. Please PM your name, VIN, email address (MyFord Mobile user ID), phone number, and mileage. 

Dear Kim;

Welcome to this web site.  I appreciate your taking the time to look into My Ford Sync problems for us.  I have one question at present.

I purchased a brand new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE on January 4 which had the latest software upgrades performed at the dealer

prior to my taking delivery of the car.  The problem is that at SYNCMYRIDE.COM the web site states that the car still needs a software

update.  I phoned Ford and was told how to notify Ford of the update by running a vehicle health report through my cell phone and

thus reporting the update to Ford and ultimately to SYNCMYRIDE.COM.  I have tried to do this several times, with the cell phone trying to

place a call to the number 888 796 2864.  Every time I have tried this the call fails to go through.  Has Ford changed the number or are

there specific times when the number is not available?  If the number has changed how do I get the software in my car to call the new

number?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

carnut56

Hello carnut56, 

First, make sure that the mobile phone you have connected to the MyFord Touch system matches the active phone number on: www.Support.Ford.com If it is, make sure you're following these steps: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/run-a-vehicle-health-report-sync-myford-touch If you don't let the car run for a few minutes before running, it will not go through. Also, if you have anything plugged into the diagnostic port, unplug it while running the report. 

Send me a PM with your VIN and phone number if you're still unable to run the report. I'll do some investigating. :)

Kim

Did you set up your syncmyride account online and include that cell phone number in the account?

Is your cell phone set to send caller ID?

They match the incoming caller ID with an existing account.  If they don't get a match, the call is rejected.

Dear Murphy;

Thank you for the advice.  I changed some of the settings on my phone and was able to send the information successfully!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

What’s better than one In-Vehicle Technology representative on this forum? You guessed it; two! :)

Rebecca and Kim are the official Ford representatives that will be handling inquiries regarding SYNC, MyFord/Lincoln Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3! If you’re not sure what SYNC 3 is, check out this announcement posted today: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync3/

You’ll see both of us jumping into threads to add helpful information, but you can always reach us directly at the FordIVTTeam account. Just send a DM and one of us will be happy to respond.

Kim