Ford Fusion Energi Forum

SyncMyRide Web Site Corrupted

murphy

The SyncMyRide web site is seriously corrupted.

It has been rolled back to the day my car was built (April 1, 2013).  The Sync version shows as 3.5.1.
The car actually has 3.6.2.  I installed it the day after it was released.  The entire history of anything that was done after April 1 is gone.

I just ran a Vehicle Health Report (December 24, 2013).

For several weeks it has been reporting that the "Restraints & Driver Assistance" system is unavaiable and today it added that the "Checks, Fluids & Filters" system is unavailable.

I had previously discussed this with the service manager at my dealer and was going to set up an appointment after the first of the year.

The car itself is not exhibiting any problems and the DTC list is blank.

I now feel that going to the dealer would be a waste of his time and mine.

The SyncMyRide web site is seriously corrupted.

It has been rolled back to the day my car was built (April 1, 2013).  The Sync version shows as 3.5.1.

The car actually has 3.6.2.  I installed it the day after it was released.  The entire history of anything that was done after April 1 is gone.

I just ran a Vehicle Health Report (December 24, 2013).

For several weeks it has been reporting that the "Restraints & Driver Assistance" system is unavaiable and today it added that the "Checks, Fluids & Filters" system is unavailable.

I had previously discussed this with the service manager at my dealer and was going to set up an appointment after the first of the year.

The car itself is not exhibiting any problems and the DTC list is blank.

I now feel that going to the dealer would be a waste of his time and mine.

Hi murphy, 

Can you please PM your name and VIN? I've been receiving feedback from this forum about incorrect software versions on our website. I want to make sure I'm reporting them as I see them. 

Thanks, 

Kim

Hi folks! 

If you notice that your: www.Support.Ford.com account is showing the correct software version, please let me know.  

Showing last update is Friday. Reports my car as at home and fully charged no matter where or SOC I have.

Hi shaggy314, 

Are you talking about: www.Support.Ford.com or: www.MyFordMobile.com 

PM sent.

Thanks, murphy. 

Kim

Have the people responsible for the SyncMyRide web site ever heard of code reviews?

It is very unprofessional to put a web site on line that has obviously not been reviewed and tested based on a detailed test plan.

In my case, and I suspect many others, the underlying database has been rolled back to the day the car was built (April 1, 2013). 

Everything that happened since then has been deleted.

The Vehicle Health Report is reporting strange problems.

The web site has been broken for at least a month.  Very disappointing.

:waiting:

Kim,

Chiming in on this thread as well.  My updates are not shown on SyncMyRide or support.ford.com.  I installed the V 3.6.2 update back in August and reported back to the site.  It was displayed correctly for a while, but now it says that I need the update.  I ran the version reporting utility and uploaded the resulting xml file to the web site.  The utility appeared to run correctly on the car and produced the xml file to report the current configuration. The file appeared to upload to the SyncMyRide site with no problem, but the site is not reporting my current configuration.

Thanks.

Kim, I just checked the support.ford.com and it is not showing the install of 3.6.2.

Thanks for posting, frbill. 

Have the people responsible for the SyncMyRide web site ever heard of code reviews?

It is very unprofessional to put a web site on line that has obviously not been reviewed and tested based on a detailed test plan.

In my case, and I suspect many others, the underlying database has been rolled back to the day the car was built (April 1, 2013). 

Everything that happened since then has been deleted.

The Vehicle Health Report is reporting strange problems.

The web site has been broken for at least a month.  Very disappointing.

:waiting:

Although I've been gathering feedback for this concern, many of my contacts are still out of the office for the holidays. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get an update on this just yet. I'll let you all know once I receive more information.

Kim,

Chiming in on this thread as well.  My updates are not shown on SyncMyRide or support.ford.com.  I installed the V 3.6.2 update back in August and reported back to the site.  It was displayed correctly for a while, but now it says that I need the update.  I ran the version reporting utility and uploaded the resulting xml file to the web site.  The utility appeared to run correctly on the car and produced the xml file to report the current configuration. The file appeared to upload to the SyncMyRide site with no problem, but the site is not reporting my current configuration.

Thanks.

Thank you, http. 

I have a decent sized list of VINs that are showing the incorrect version on the website, so I won't need any information from you at this time. 

Kim

Thank you, http. 

I have a decent sized list of VINs that are showing the incorrect version on the website, so I won't need any information from you at this time. 

Kim

Sure thing.  I saved the xml file that I uploaded to the SyncMyRide web site if you need it.  I'm a software engineer and I know how hard these things can be to debug.  Let me know if you need anything.

Have a Happy New Year!

Yep.  Looks like they re-connected the update history database to the rest of the application.  My status is now being reported as up-to-date and my SYNC history shows that I updated to V 3.6.2 on Aug. 7 and verified my history on Dec. 24.  When my status was not being reported correctly, I ran the version checker utility and uploaded the results on Dec. 24.  It's all there now.

Thanks

I just ran a vehicle health report today.  The Sync web site reports the Sync software on my car is up to date.  It is now working correctly.  They must have fixed it.  It indicated that Sync was not up to date the other day.

Murphy, what type of error conditions did the VHR display?  Does it show actual DTCs? 

The Service Engine Soon light comes on sometimes when I use the EBH (a known issue that the Ford Engineers have not yet resolved).   However, Engineering Test mode and VHR fail to display any DTC error codes.  All the VHR states is that the Service Engine Soon light is on.  That's not very helpful--I can see that on the display.  The TSB associated with this issue mentions various DTCs.  Do I need to connect to the OBD-II port to read the codes?  Has anyone ever seen any DTCs in the VHR or displayed in Engineering Test Mode?

Edited by larryh

Murphy, what type of error conditions did the VHR display?  Does it show actual DTCs? 

Initially it said it couldn't access the

Restraints & Driver Assistance

system.  Later it added that it couldn't access the

Checks, Fluids & Filters

system.  Now that the site is working again those have both gone away and everything looks good.

There were no DTC's displayed on the site or in the car.

I now think it was all bogus due to a troubled web site.

My version wasn't reporting accurately, but I ran a VHR and then it started showing correctly...not sure if that fixed it and/or if there was a system fix applied on Ford's side at the same time.

I'm still getting an error when I try to click the link to "Select your driving lifestyles." After being taken to a selection screen with options like "Commuter," "Techie," etc., it always goes to an error page that says, "We're sorry. We experienced a system error while processing your request."

On my VHR, the "Scheduled Maintenance" section is red and there's an error that says, "System Unavailable."

Good news, everyone! As a few members have already stated, the website version issue has been resolved. Thanks again for sending over your VINs so I could report them. If anyone is still having trouble with this, please let me know. 

I'm still getting an error when I try to click the link to "Select your driving lifestyles." After being taken to a selection screen with options like "Commuter," "Techie," etc., it always goes to an error page that says, "We're sorry. We experienced a system error while processing your request."

On my VHR, the "Scheduled Maintenance" section is red and there's an error that says, "System Unavailable."

Hi fwhite42, 

There was a Vehicle Health Report issue reported on Sunday, however, I didn't notice anything for last Friday. Are you still seeing the SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE message? 

I was referring to the MyFordMobile web page and iOS app.

I sent an email to Ford and they had me reset the cellular modem (fuse 10 fix). She's talking to me again (via both methods), so I suspect that when I drive today things will show up. It took me a week to do it so I'm guessing I lost that data.

Hi shaggy314,

Great; I would have recommended the fuse pull as well. If it continues to act up, provide some more details.

Kim