Ford Fusion Energi Forum

SYNC Update Version

Gigi

I'm confused.  I updated SYNC with the latest update download and I followed instructions to place the USB in my computer and select the file that tells SYNC that the update was completed.  The support.ford.com page still shows that my software version is 3.5.1 and I continue to get the "Software update available" notice.

I downloaded the latest update file again and tried to install it in the car, but the process stopped with a notice that I already had that version installed.  I have tried running a vehicle health report and the update version still shows 3.5.1.  My understanding is that the latest version is 3.6.2.

The only thing I can think to do is to call SYNC.  Any other suggestions?

I'm confused.  I updated SYNC with the latest update download and I followed instructions to place the USB in my computer and select the file that tells SYNC that the update was completed.  The support.ford.com page still shows that my software version is 3.5.1 and I continue to get the "Software update available" notice.

I downloaded the latest update file again and tried to install it in the car, but the process stopped with a notice that I already had that version installed.  I have tried running a vehicle health report and the update version still shows 3.5.1.  My understanding is that the latest version is 3.6.2.

The only thing I can think to do is to call SYNC.  Any other suggestions?

Hi Gigi,

You can verify that V3.6.2 was installed by pressing the 2 gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. The last 5 digits of the CCPU number will read: 13171 if it was installed correctly. We are experiencing an issue with our website, so if you see that number you don't need to download anything else. 

If V3.6.2 is already downloaded, try pressing the VOICE COMMAND button on your steering wheel while your phone is connected and say VEHICLE HEALTH REPORT. Usually, this will update the website with your current software version. If this does not fix the issue, please PM your VIN and I'll send it over to our Website Support team. 

Kim

Hey everybody, 

From what I can tell, all vehicles will now be reporting the correct version on: www.Support.Ford.com 

If an earlier version is appearing, verify that you actually do have V3.6.2 installed. On the touchscreen, click the 2 gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. The last 5 digits of the CCPU number should read: 13171. If the website is incorrect, it means that you will need to report the update. I suggest running a Vehicle Health Report to do this: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/run-a-vehicle-health-report-sync-myford-touch If the Vehicle Health Report feature is not active on your account, download the VERSION CHECKER TOOL after logging into our website, which will also report the SYNC software version.

Kim