Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Connecting Fusion to My Ford Mobile

RussKramer

I have two PHEVs--my 2013 C-Max Energi, and my wife's 2013 Fusion Energi. The C-Max connected right away to my My Ford Mobile account, with no issues on receiving the "on screen" confirmation messages in the vehicle. However, the Fusion is not receiving the confirmation messages; as a result, I can't manage the fusion through the smartphone application.

Ford has been zero help in resolving this issue--two trips to the dealerships, phone support from the My Ford Mobile team, and Ford "engineers" who have been "researching" the issue for 2 months now, to no avail.

Anyone have similar connectivity issues? Any resolution?

Many thanks.

Cosmo

The fuse to the cellular radio in the car may be blown.  You won't see any other symptoms aside from no connectivity.  I believe it's Fuse 10 (Keypad, Cell phone passport module (Fusion Energi)) or Fuse 15 (Datalink/Gateway module).  You'll see this if you look on your owners manual on page 247.  Most have said it's an exercise in acrobatics to get to the fuse panel though.  If the fuses are good, the system should reset if you pull them to visually inspect them (it loses power).  Sometimes that makes it work too.

Thanks for the input, Russael.

I pulled both fuses you referenced and checked each for continuity (both checked good).

I re-inserted each fuse and re–initiated the registration process for my wife's Fusion.

So far I haven't received the confirmation message on screen in the car required to complete the registration.

Any other ideas for resolution are appreciated.

VR

Cosmo

You could also check your vin against this website to see if it pulls up your window sticker.  If it does, then you have the correct VIN... if not, you may have transposed an O for a 0 or something similar.

www (dot) inventory.ford (dot) com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Failing that, do what Fat Fusion had to do. :)

I have two PHEVs--my 2013 C-Max Energi, and my wife's 2013 Fusion Energi. The C-Max connected right away to my My Ford Mobile account, with no issues on receiving the "on screen" confirmation messages in the vehicle. However, the Fusion is not receiving the confirmation messages; as a result, I can't manage the fusion through the smartphone application.

Ford has been zero help in resolving this issue--two trips to the dealerships, phone support from the My Ford Mobile team, and Ford "engineers" who have been "researching" the issue for 2 months now, to no avail.

Anyone have similar connectivity issues? Any resolution?

Many thanks.

Cosmo

Hi Cosmo, 

I'd like to look at your case, since you've already spoken to a MyFord Mobile representative. Please send me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, phone number and case number (if you have it). Let me know a few details about the troubleshooting you've tried already. I'll see how I can help. 

Kim

I had to reset my cell modem as well, it's no fun getting to that fuse either. While I only cut my hand once, but did get a little loopy being upside down in the driver's seat to get to it, so there's that... Sadly the data for the 6 days it was down isn't saved anywhere so all my scores have plummeted. :-(

My boyfriend and I just purchased new Ford vehicles.  I purchased the 2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium and he purchased the 2013 C-Max Energi.  We were both able to register with SyncMyFord and MyFord Mobile.  However, although he was able to register his C-Max VIN on MyFordMobile immediately, I have still not had any luck.  Our dealer has not been able to help me.  The first thing they did was perform a master reset of my computer, which did not work.  I contacted the help desk three different days and spoke to three different people.  I currently have an open case, but no fix so far.  I know from reading this thread that there have been other people that have suffered the same issue.  Has the issue been fixed for everyone that encountered it?  Another question I have is regarding the SyncMyford website.  My account shows my vehicle as a Ford Fusion Titanium and not Ford Fusion Energi Titanium, while my boyfriend's account shows his vehicle as a C-Max Energi.  Do other people's accounts also show there vehicle only as a Ford Fusion, or as a Ford Fusion Energi?  The Vin pulls up on the Ford website (through the Dealer) as a Ford Fusion gas/electric, so it should be registered as an Energi.  I would like to start benefiting from MyFord mobile and it would be nice if I could start believing there was hope that the issue has been able to be fixed for others that encountered it.

lhowes65--It sounds like your problem is similar to the issue with my wife's 2013 Fusion Titanium Energi.  I have had this issue since purchase of the vehicle on 21 Oct 2013--two dealerships, numerous phone calls, case file with Ford Engineering, etc.  Up to now, nothing has resolved the issue with no connectivity between the Fusion Energi and MyFord Mobile.  Trouble shooting has included:  Master Reset, re-initiation of the account registration on MyFord Mobile, cross-check of VIN entry, pulling-checking continuity-reseating fuse #10 & #15 on the fuse panel on the driver's side under the dash.

When I attempted to register the Fusion on MyFord Mobile, I never got the message in "Step 3" on the display in the car to confirm that I wanted to associate the car with my MyFord Mobile account.  I also have a C-Max Energi (great choices in cars you made!), and I was able to confirm it immediately upon registration on the MyFord Mobile website.

It appears that the issue must be software related; the software load/build installed on the Fusion must have some glitch/syntax error that is preventing receipt of the confirmation message.

You are absolutely correct--without the connectivity available through MyFord Mobile (like you enjoy with the C-Max), you are unable to communicate with the car via smartphone, monitor charging status, establish GO TIMEs (for pre-conditioning the car while plugged in to the house power supply).

I have not been pleased with the complete lack of responsiveness or follow-through from the Ford Engineers.  However, the In-Vehicle-Technology rep on this forum (Kim) has been very engaging and responsive.  Unfortunately, she has not gotten any traction with the guys who have the twenty-pound-brains and are named "Poindexter", so my issue has not been resolved.

Good luck.

Cosmo

I was wondering if your case had made any progress...

Do they have a way of actually testing the cellular radio in the car?  I know it has an ESN, blah blah blah... it may be possible that ATT built it wrong in their system and data isn't functional, but that's something Ford should take care of for you.  I've seen quite a few threads with people putting the smartphone Nexus 5 on the ATT network and data doesn't work because of something that was fatfingered (it wasn't the ESN... it might've been something called IMEI and/or APN, but that may also be specific to LTE stuff).

I suppose you could try using the SYNC services and seeing if you can get any connectivity that way, since that uses the cellular system.

FYI - you can still set Go Times through the car itself.  Just hit the leaf icon on your touchscreen, and you should be able to set them up that way.  At least you'll have a warm car in the morning. :)

Edited by Russael

I had to reset my cell modem as well, it's no fun getting to that fuse either. While I only cut my hand once, but did get a little loopy being upside down in the driver's seat to get to it, so there's that... Sadly the data for the 6 days it was down isn't saved anywhere so all my scores have plummeted. :-(

Hi shaggy314,

I received your PM and responded. :)

... I would like to start benefiting from MyFord mobile and it would be nice if I could start believing there was hope that the issue has been able to be fixed for others that encountered it.

I'd like you to start benefiting from it too. I'll take a look at your account and see if I can get things moving a little faster. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, email address, VIN, mileage, and software version currently installed in your MyFord Touch system. Include some details about what's happening (or a link to this post). 

I have not been pleased with the complete lack of responsiveness or follow-through from the Ford Engineers.  However, the In-Vehicle-Technology rep on this forum (Kim) has been very engaging and responsive.  Unfortunately, she has not gotten any traction with the guys who have the twenty-pound-brains and are named "Poindexter", so my issue has not been resolved.

Good luck.

Cosmo

Thanks, Cosmo! I'm still waiting on an update for your case. I'll PM you once I get one. 

Kim

Thanks, everyone for your responses.

Cosmo, I'm curious, does your wife's SyncMyRide page (on support.ford.com) show her as driving a Fusion and not Fusion Energi as well as mine?  I am curious for people that were able to register their vehicles on the myford mobile app/website if their vehicles show as only fusion, or as fusion energi. 

Russael:  If there is any success, I will try to find out how it was fixed and post it to the forum.  Thanks for the information regarding accessing the go times from my car.  Now at least I can schedule automatic charging.

Kim, I have sent you a PM with the information you requested, in addition to the case number and my car's ESN number.  Any help with speeding things up would be appreciated.

Hopefully we can get this fixed soon (for all of us in the same situation).

Lorraine

Thanks, everyone for your responses.

Cosmo, I'm curious, does your wife's SyncMyRide page (on support.ford.com) show her as driving a Fusion and not Fusion Energi as well as mine?  I am curious for people that were able to register their vehicles on the myford mobile app/website if their vehicles show as only fusion, or as fusion energi. 

Russael:  If there is any success, I will try to find out how it was fixed and post it to the forum.  Thanks for the information regarding accessing the go times from my car.  Now at least I can schedule automatic charging.

Kim, I have sent you a PM with the information you requested, in addition to the case number and my car's ESN number.  Any help with speeding things up would be appreciated.

Hopefully we can get this fixed soon (for all of us in the same situation).

Lorraine

Thanks, Lorraine. I just saw it. I'm going to pull up your case and respond shortly. :) 

Kim

I started a poll to see if there is a relationship to the car description on connect.ford.com and whether we can immediately register with myford mobile.  This is independent of whether we have a 2013 or 2014 Fusion Energi.  If you have time, please complete the poll.  Thanks,

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1682-vehicle-description-on-connectfordcom-versus-connectivity-issues-with-myford-mobile/

Edited by lhowes65

My wife's Fusion is listed on the support.ford.com website as an Energi model-- same entry as Murphy's.

"2013 Fusion Energi Titanium PHEV"

MyFord Mobile does NOT work with this vehicle.

90 days and counting......

Hey RussKramer, 

I wish I had more information for you, but we are still waiting on a response from our engineers on your case (I just checked it). I'll send you a PM as soon as I get an update. 

Kim

I spoke to a MyFord Mobile IVT person yesterday.  He first asked me if I had registered my account using the Chrome browser.  He said that with the new website, Chrome was the only "consistent" site to work.  I de-registered my account and re-registered it using Chrome.  Unfortunately,  it did not work for me, but this may work for others.  In my situation, I cannot get part one of registering my vehicle as the system is not recognizing my VIN # or my ESN # stating they are either incorrect, not compatible with MyFord Mobile, or not currently registered in the Ford system.  The IVT rep is elevating my ticket again with more information this time.  He thinks it may be the 2014 VIN numbers may not be registered (or registered incorrectly). He said someone will get back to me in 3-4 business days.

Russ, are you getting past part one with the system recognizing your VIN and its just that you are not receiving the message between the MyFord Mobile account and your car to complete the process?  That may be a different issue than what I am experiencing.  Did you try using the Chrome browser to register your account and your vehicle?  It may be worth a shot if you haven't.

My poll is inconclusive, although my gut is still telling me what shows up on the SyncMyRide site is related.  We have 14 votes.  11 vehicles show "Energi" in the description while 3 do not.  Of the eleven, 10 had no problem registering for MyFord mobile immediately and one did not (Russ).  Of the three without "Energi" in the description, one was able to register immediately while two still are currently not registered.

I will keep this group updated with any updates from the MyFord Mobile IVT team.  Hopefully we will have a solution to this problem.

On another note, our electrician is installing our new EV Charging station and a dedicated 120 volt outlet in our garage today.  We can finally start using the "electric plug-in" feature on our two hybrid plug-ins.  I am so excited!!!

I get stuck on "step 3". Car is recognized on the website as an Energi PHEV, but I never get the message on the in-car display asking to confirm the association of the car with my MyFord Mobile account.

For the record, I am also UNABLE to schedule ANY GO Times with the in car display. The option select buttons for the GO Time screen are all "not editable".

My problem is a bit different.  I get stuck at Step 1, with the system not even recognizing my VIN #.  I can however schedule the GO Times with the in-car display, so at least can schedule when I would like to start the charging.  The IVT Team is still working on the issue with no action since Jan 23rd.

I get stuck on "step 3". Car is recognized on the website as an Energi PHEV, but I never get the message on the in-car display asking to confirm the association of the car with my MyFord Mobile account.

For the record, I am also UNABLE to schedule ANY GO Times with the in car display. The option select buttons for the GO Time screen are all "not editable".

My problem is a bit different.  I get stuck at Step 1, with the system not even recognizing my VIN #.  I can however schedule the GO Times with the in-car display, so at least can schedule when I would like to start the charging.  The IVT Team is still working on the issue with no action since Jan 23rd.

Hello to both of you,

I'm doing my best to get these cases moving quicker. I'll send you both a PM when I have more info on your case. 

Kim

I know that Kim is tracking what what's happening to my case, but I'm having the exact issue.  I am also stuck at  Step 1, with the system not even recognizing my VIN # or ESN.

I really do like this car, but coming back to Ford after leaving for 10 years isn't starting out very good.  Kim has been very responsive, but 1 week in with no feedback or response (From Ford not Kim) doesn't make me a very happy new car owner.

Edited by bobnfloyd

I know that Kim is tracking what what's happening to my case, but I'm having the exact issue.  I am also stuck at  Step 1, with the system not even recognizing my VIN # or ESN.

I really do like this car, but coming back to Ford after leaving for 10 years isn't starting out very good.  Kim has been very responsive, but 1 week in with no feedback or response (From Ford not Kim) doesn't make me a very happy new car owner.

Hi bobnfloyd,

Unfortunately, there hasn't been an update to your case since I last spoke to you. I've been monitoring these closely. If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please let me know. The more cases I get reported, the better. 

Kim