Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Connecting Fusion to My Ford Mobile

RussKramer

I phoned the IVT desk once again today to check on my case and had a very good conversation with the girl who took my call (Michelle).  When she checked my VIN, the first thing she said was that I had a Ford Fusion Hybrid and not a Ford Fusion Energi (based on the VIN number).  After I finished laughing, I mentioned that I have been saying that for a while now and have wanted someone to check on the master data for my VIN set up to see if it was set up correctly.  Apparently it was not and my original "gut" feeling may have been correct.  After being put on hold a couple times, she came back and said that my VIN may be one of a block of VINs that is NOT eligible for MyFordMobile.  After I mentioned that my car sticker includes MyFordMobile and that this was one of the selling points for this model, she said she would follow up with an Engineer to see if there was anything they could do.  I am waiting for an answer, once again.

I am very close to returning this vehicle to the Dealer and asking for a real Energi model.  I have said for years that I would not buy a Ford vehicle and finally decided to give them a chance.  I am starting to think that my original thinking was accurate and I should have stayed away.

I phoned the IVT desk once again today to check on my case and had a very good conversation with the girl who took my call (Michelle).  When she checked my VIN, the first thing she said was that I had a Ford Fusion Hybrid and not a Ford Fusion Energi (based on the VIN number).

The model specified in your VIN is '3FA6P0S' where the 'S' denotes an Energi Titanium.  Does she need the link to the URL where a person can retrieve the window sticker?  I've viewed your window sticker, yup Energi Titanium... but in some Ford DB they have it coded incorrectly and THIS is an insurmountable problem to overcome?   C'mon, this is pathetic - Kim, or someone, how can this be so difficult???????

Thanks for the clarification, Jeff.  I agree that it should not be so difficult.  I do believe there is a group of VINs that were set up incorrectly, which is why so many of us are having problems.  If they know that a group of VINs were set up wrong, why can't they figure out which ones and fix the issue?  It has to be something in the master data (e.g. a button specifying the VIN applied to an Energi model was not checked).  Of course, that would be too easy!!!  Kim, is there any buzz at the "office" that could shed some light on what is going on with our issue and a potential solution (or solutions)?

So Kim has been very responsive and helpful in terms of status and information.  I'm having the same issue with you both.  My VIN starts with 3FA6P0S (the POS might have been a sign) and it's been 2.5 weeks since I bought my 41k+ car that I am now asked to do the following steps:

1) Pull fuse 10, wait 2 minutes, master reset, try to input into My Ford Mobile (MFM) VIN.

2) Pull fuse 10, wait 10 minutes, master reset, try to input into My Ford Mobile (MFM) VIN.

3) Pull fuse 10 and 15, wait 10 minutes, master reset, try to do My Ford Mobile (MFM) VIN. (from moderators in the forum's suggestion).

3a) All GPS History, Favorites, Sync Commands, Customization, Go Times, Ambient Lighting, Phone Syncing, Phonebooks, go poof when you do master reset, easily another hour to fix.

4) This morning, I deleted my account and re-added it a couple of times, also useless.

Somehow I must have reinserted fuse 15 wrote and I ended up with a check engine light, had to remove and replace again.  I really wanted to "fix my new car" as part of this experience.  The interior's fuse box is a bit ridiculous and the fuses are a bit tough to pull (can't do with fingernails), had to do with a leatherman, don't drop fuses or little parts in there, it's a PITA to get.

I've probably spent 10+ hours trying to resolve this issue. My dealership said I was tough out of luck (they actually said they would not call for me) and would need to call 1-800-392-FORD (3673) which has told me that they would get back to me in 5-10 business days, then 10-14 business days, then Ford customer service is escalating it to engineering (again) for another 10-14 business days.  

I'm a senior systems engineer at a huge defense contractor/manufacturer, if something is taking you 10 to 14 + 10 to 14 (aka 30 calendar days) business days, then something is truly wrong.  We've identified and resolved bigger problems with anomalies with missiles and airplanes in 1 month.

I think I'm going to give them until Friday before I call everyday, ask for a supervisor and start yelling at them until the problem is resolved (not really, but that's the level of frustration I'm feeling).

Edited by bobnfloyd

Hey everyone, 

I haven't had a chance to look at your MyFord Mobile cases yet, but I'll send you each the status of your open tickets once I do. Keep an eye out for a PM from me today. 

I do want to clear a few things up. If your VIN is not being accepted on the website during registration, I don't recommend pulling any fuses. This will not resolve the concern. If you're having trouble getting one of the verification messages sent to the MyFord Touch screen, that's when we may get into this sort of troubleshooting, but check with me first. ;)

Since the Fusion Energi is classified as a plug-in hybrid vehicle, our database will show FUSION HYBRID initially when an Energi VIN has been submitted. The window sticker will clarify if it is an Energi or not. I apologize if this information wasn't made clear earlier. If you have sent me your VIN in a PM, I've already double-checked to make sure it is listed as a Ford Fusion Energi. I know this is taking longer than expected to find a resolution, but you are all my priority. I'll keep doing everything in my power to get you an answer. 

Kim

Edited by FordIVTteam

I just wanted to come back and reply with the fact that my issue was resolved.

What I heard was that the Database didn't get a input file with my VIN or possibly several sets of VINs, and therefore we couldn't sign up at My Ford Mobile.  Kim, and a regional sales manager were able to get it resolved, and in 2 days, it worked.

After they told me that the Database was updated, I went out to my car, pushed the start until I got a solid green, and then signed in with my now... memorized... VIN and I was able to complete the account registration + car syncing.

1 caveat was that my initial login had a whole bunch of x'd out options in one of the menus, I exited out, and then re-signed in and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks for updating this forum so quickly.  Once I read that your issue was resolved, I went into MyFordMobile and was successful in registering my VIN as well.  I was then able to confirm my request in my car and am now waiting for the second confirmation to show up in my car tomorrow.  I now have access to the myfordmobile website/app.

Thanks, Kim for all of your help getting this issue resolved.

I just wanted to come back and reply with the fact that my issue was resolved.

What I heard was that the Database didn't get a input file with my VIN or possibly several sets of VINs, and therefore we couldn't sign up at My Ford Mobile.  Kim, and a regional sales manager were able to get it resolved, and in 2 days, it worked.

After they told me that the Database was updated, I went out to my car, pushed the start until I got a solid green, and then signed in with my now... memorized... VIN and I was able to complete the account registration + car syncing.

1 caveat was that my initial login had a whole bunch of x'd out options in one of the menus, I exited out, and then re-signed in and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks for updating this forum so quickly.  Once I read that your issue was resolved, I went into MyFordMobile and was successful in registering my VIN as well.  I was then able to confirm my request in my car and am now waiting for the second confirmation to show up in my car tomorrow.  I now have access to the myfordmobile website/app.

Thanks, Kim for all of your help getting this issue resolved.

This is awesome news! Thanks for keeping me in the loop. You both know where to find me if you have any other questions. :)

Kim

I was able to finally register my vehicle last Friday and received the first message in my car and confirmed it (soon after that) (Step #3).  As of Saturday (after 24 hours), I had still not received the second message, so ended up un-registering both my vehicle and my account and then re-registered them both again.  Again, I received the first message in my car and confirmed it (Saturday morning).  As of this morning, I have still not received a second message.  Meanwhile, I can access my myfordmobile account both on the internet and through the phone.  Kim is aware of my issue and has updated my account.  I too am hoping not to pull any fuses.  I would rather perform a factory reset first to see if that would work, but since I have full accessability to the website, not sure if this is even necessary (waiting to hear back from Kim).

Vince, I am assuming you were able to register your VIN.  Did you receive the first message in your car and not the second, or did you not even receive the first message?

Lorraine

I call the number at Ford list on Kim's post.  Now we are in the queue.  Trying not to have to pull all the fuses, lol.

Vince

Hey Vince, 

Were you able to speak to a MyFord Mobile representative? Let me know if I can help with anything. 

I was able to finally register my vehicle last Friday and received the first message in my car and confirmed it (soon after that) (Step #3).  As of Saturday (after 24 hours), I had still not received the second message, so ended up un-registering both my vehicle and my account and then re-registered them both again.  Again, I received the first message in my car and confirmed it (Saturday morning).  As of this morning, I have still not received a second message.  Meanwhile, I can access my myfordmobile account both on the internet and through the phone.  Kim is aware of my issue and has updated my account.  I too am hoping not to pull any fuses.  I would rather perform a factory reset first to see if that would work, but since I have full accessability to the website, not sure if this is even necessary (waiting to hear back from Kim).

Vince, I am assuming you were able to register your VIN.  Did you receive the first message in your car and not the second, or did you not even receive the first message?

Lorraine

I just responded to your message, Lorraine. :)

Kim

I also am stuck on step 3. Initially I got the first prompt and saw the "countdown" to 24 hours actually decrease in the app. Then it went back up to 24 and stayed there...hasn't moved since, haven't gotten the second prompt.

Try deleting the VIN from the website and starting the verification process over again. If you don't receive the second verification on the MyFord Touch screen this time, send me a PM with your email address, VIN, mileage, and mobile phone number. I'll let you know what I suggest. 

So I might have spoken too soon, my VIN Number is now not being recognized in the app or the website any more, I contacted Kim and my regional customer service rep again to try to get it resolved again.

I've responded to your message, bobnfloyd. 

Kim

For others that may have thought the issue was fixed and then it re-occurred, my car was recently removed from my myfordbobile account due to a master data reset.  I tried re-registering it twice. Both times I said yes to restoring my original data, when prompted to do so.  Both times I received the first message to confirm registration, and both times, my vehicle was again removed due to a master data reset.  At that point, I deactivated my account and started over again.  I received the first message, acknowleded it and then received the second message this morning after 24 hours and again acknowleded that one.  I now have access, at least for the time being.  Kim mentioned (too late, unfortunately) that when you re-register your vehicle, to just say "no" when prompted to restore your data.  That may also work, which would mean you would not need to deactivate your account.  There is light at the end of the tunnel, if people are still having issues.

I am thankful for this forum, and for everyone's help, especially Kim who was able to bring all of our issues to Ford at the same time, instead of all of us individually.

Thanks.

I am thankful for this forum, and for everyone's help, especially Kim who was able to bring all of our issues to Ford at the same time, instead of all of us individually.

Thanks.

It's no problem at all, lhowes65. 

If anyone else noticed that their 2014 VIN deleted from their MyFord Mobile account, please let me know. 

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

I just took delivery a week ago on my 2014 Fusion Titanium Energi.  I have also been suffering from the problem of not reaching the 2nd confirmation.  I tried deleting and re-registering the vehicle in the app - I get the 1st on-screen confirmation immediately but never get the 2nd one (the one that is supposed to come after 24 hours).  

In the interim, I am able to see the charging status of my car but do not have any access to the other MFM functionality (Go Time, remote start, remote lock/unlock, etc.).

I called Ford support and they told me to pull Fuse 10 to reset the system and that should solve the problem.  For the life of me, I cannot find the fuse panel - it is supposed to be to the left of the steering column under the instrument panel?  Why can't I find it?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by rgd18

Thanks Eric4539 for the welcome and the information.  

The info provided by pluggedin was very helpful - I may give it a try, but being a large person with a bad back I will probably wind up taking it back to the dealer and let them fuss with it!

Either way, I will report back here in the forum and let you all know if this solves my problem - I would REALLY like to take advantage of the MFM functionality and it is frustrating that it does not work "right out of the box".