Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Connecting Fusion to My Ford Mobile

RussKramer

OK - using the great advice supplied by murphy, I disconnected the negative lead of the 12 volt battery in the trunk, rather than crawling under the dash to pull Fuse #10.  Disconnecting the 12 volt was very simple as it is very accessible.  I re-entered my vehicle VIN on MFM and so far I have passed through the vehicle on-screen confirmation #1.  Now waiting for 24 hours to pass for on-screen confirmation #2 (which is where I have been hung up for a week)

The first sign that this might work is that in the "Vehicle Management" part of MFM, the number of hours remaining until confirmation #2 has been going down (now down to 18 hours) - previously it had not moved from 24 hours so this is encouraging.

I will report back tomorrow once the 24 hours have passed - hopefully will get the 2nd confirmation and full access to the MFM features.

Thanks again to all for the help on this.

Edited by rgd18

OK - using the great advice supplied by murphy, I disconnected the negative lead of the 12 volt battery in the trunk, rather than crawling under the dash to pull Fuse #10.  Disconnecting the 12 volt was very simple as it is very accessible.  I re-entered my vehicle VIN on MFM and so far I have passed through the vehicle on-screen confirmation #1.  Now waiting for 24 hours to pass for on-screen confirmation #2 (which is where I have been hung up for a week)

The first sign that this might work is that in the "Vehicle Management" part of MFM, the number of hours remaining until confirmation #2 has been going down (now down to 18 hours) - previously it had not moved from 24 hours so this is encouraging.

I will report back tomorrow once the 24 hours have passed - hopefully will get the 2nd confirmation and full access to the MFM features.

Thanks again to all for the help on this.

Hey rgd18, 

Congrats on the new Energi! :)

It looks like Eric4539 and murphy already helped you out, but feel free to send me a private message if you continue to have trouble getting that second verification. I'll just need your VIN, mobile phone number, email address, and current mileage in order to look into this. 

Kim

Well, back to the drawing board...........initial encouraging signs after disconnecting 12V battery yesterday to re-set the system..........BUT

Logged into MFM app this morning in the "Vehicle Management" section and the time until 2nd confirmation was (once again) RESET TO 24HRS, so tomorrow never seems to come!  

Starting to feel like Groundhog Day!

Will private message Kim for new solution.

In the meantime - all suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Edited by rgd18

Update - without doing anything since this AM, the 24 hour "countdown until 2nd confirmation" has re-commenced on the MFM app "Vehicle Management" - presently at 21 hours - I don't trust it at all (and won't until I actually get the 2nd confirmation) but it is not stuck at 24hrs, so that is presumably some "progress".

Very confused at this point and beginning to question whether MFM works at all (at least on my vehicle) 

Well, it has once again reset back to 24hrs.  :(

Very disappointing....hard to believe that resolving this is so difficult.

So I am officially raising the white flag of surrender on this issue.

I am hoping to hear from Kim with a resolution - if not, back to the dealership!

Any and all suggestions of alternative solutions are welcome.

Thanks

Please try the following steps.  Important: Use your computer to access www.myfordmobile.com and DO NOT use the application on your phone.

1. Unregister your vehicle from your myfordmobile account

2. Unregister your account from www.myfordmobile.com.

3. Re-register your account on www.myfordmobile.com

4. Re-register your vehicle.  If the system asks you if you would like to restore your previous data....please say NO.

This was finally what worked for me.  Ultimately, I deregistered both my vehicle and my account at least three times before I finally received the second confirmation message.  I too had received the first message but not the second message.  Once I did receive the second message, I have not had any further issues (knock on wood!!!). I did not have to remove any fuses.  If it came to that, it was going back to the service department at the Dealer and they would have taken care of it.

Hopefully, this helps.

No luck - tried 3 times over the weekend - de-registered vehicle and account then re-registered account and vehicle.

Each time same result - first confirmation, no problem.  Second confirmation, NEVER COMES.

Very frustrating - Kim says pull Fuse 10 (I tried disconnecting the 12 V battery as I don't want to have to sit upside down to find and pull the fuse)  

So tomorrow it is off to the dealership (I have to go there anyway to pick up my plates) and let them do it and see what happens - is drining me crazy - almost two weeks and still can't get it to work???

Thanks to all for your suggestions and advice - hoping for a better result sooon. 

Edited by rgd18

I would think that after all the failed attempts that there would be a way on Ford's side to circumvent the 2nd confirmation (with the owner's permission, of course), or at least get rid of the 24 hour wait.

The additional 24 hour wait for the 2nd confirmation drags out the time to figure out if a solution really works or not.  Then when it doesn't, whatever you try next requires another 24 hours and so on and so on.

I understand the need for security, but in this case, I am sure that there is a way.

I got my wife's Fusion Energi on 21 Oct 2013 (yes--4.5 months ago), identified this issue the day after delivery, have been into the dealership 4 times, talked with Ford IVT engineers over the last 4 months, have an official case file with Ford, have pulled fuses, master resets, negative battery remove/replace, MFM register/delete/re-register, and everything else under the sun short of standing on my head and spitting nickels. Nothing has resolved the issue.

Last week, I got a call from the Ford IVT engineers--stated I needed to take it to my dealership and have the "PCU" replaced. Got a message on this forum from Kim that it was my "TCU" that needed to be replaced. I called and made an appointment; Ford service said they ordered my "PCU" or "TCU". Dropped off the car at 0730. At 1400, when I hadn't heard anything, I called the dealership. Apparently, they didn't have a clue. Didn't know what a "PCU" was, or if the "TCU" was the culprit. They had called the Ford engineers and were waiting to "hear back" from them. I told them they'd be waiting till the end of the month, to plug in my car, and that I'd be picking it up by COB.

This is not rocket science; and while the car is a "Fusion", we are not splitting the atom.

The issue is a communication problem--a failure of the car to link with the MFM servers. The car does not display the ESN (Electronic Serial Number)--on the display the ESN is listed as "Unknown". To resolve the issue, simply replace the module that traces to the ESN that enables comm with the MFM servers. It's like trying to make a call on a cell phone that has failed-- it's not going to work until the phone is replaced.

I love the car--but the customer service, follow-thru, and resolution have been notably amateurish and unsatisfactory.

I have spent $130,000 on three Ford products in my garages. You'd think keeping a loyal Ford customer happy would be a priority. Obviously, it is not a priority with the current Ford management team.

Vent session terminated.

I would think that after all the failed attempts that there would be a way on Ford's side to circumvent the 2nd confirmation (with the owner's permission, of course), or at least get rid of the 24 hour wait.

The additional 24 hour wait for the 2nd confirmation drags out the time to figure out if a solution really works or not.  Then when it doesn't, whatever you try next requires another 24 hours and so on and so on.

I understand the need for security, but in this case, I am sure that there is a way.

Hi rgd18, 

We are currently unable to skip the 24 hour waiting period due to security reasons. Send me a private message with how the dealership visit went. I plan to open an escalation if the issue is still not resolved. 

I got my wife's Fusion Energi on 21 Oct 2013 (yes--4.5 months ago), identified this issue the day after delivery, have been into the dealership 4 times, talked with Ford IVT engineers over the last 4 months, have an official case file with Ford, have pulled fuses, master resets, negative battery remove/replace, MFM register/delete/re-register, and everything else under the sun short of standing on my head and spitting nickels. Nothing has resolved the issue.

Last week, I got a call from the Ford IVT engineers--stated I needed to take it to my dealership and have the "PCU" replaced. Got a message on this forum from Kim that it was my "TCU" that needed to be replaced. I called and made an appointment; Ford service said they ordered my "PCU" or "TCU". Dropped off the car at 0730. At 1400, when I hadn't heard anything, I called the dealership. Apparently, they didn't have a clue. Didn't know what a "PCU" was, or if the "TCU" was the culprit. They had called the Ford engineers and were waiting to "hear back" from them. I told them they'd be waiting till the end of the month, to plug in my car, and that I'd be picking it up by COB.

Hi RussKramer, 

I've responded to your private message clarifying the process that our engineers have recommended. I'll keep an eye out for your response. 

Kim

I have tried twice to "re-set" the system (in lieu of pulling Fuse 10 which is impossible to find/reach) by disconnecting the negative lead on the 12v battery.

I thought that disconnecting the 12v would would result in losing some basic data, like the time, radio station pre-sets, etc.  However, in both cases when I disconnected the 12v, none of that information was lost.

Is it possible that the computer has some stored power or gets power from some source other than the 12v and that the system has not really "reset".

I ask because I have still not solved the problem of getting top the 2nd confirmation on MFM despite multiple attempts at de-registering/re-registering my account on MFM, disconnecting 12V,etc.

Thanks 

Edited by rgd18

The first time I tried about 5 minutes.  The 2nd time for about 30 minutes - I guess I need to leave it disconnected for longer?

Hey rgd18,

Please let me know if you would like assistance. I've sent a couple private messages, but haven't heard from you. I think it's a good idea to get this escalated to our engineering team. Let me know if you've already opened a ticket with one of the MyFord Mobile team members over the phone. If so, I'll check the status. 

Kim

Hi Kim

No luck with any of the suggested "fixes".  I called Ford two weeks ago (they suggested the Fuse pulling) but did not "open a ticket" (at least not to my knowledge).

I am still unable to get the 2nd confirmation.

Thanks

I'll open a ticket with our engineers. Please keep an eye out for a PM from me. 

Kim

I just picked up my special order 2014 Fusion Titanium Energi and am having issues setting up MyFordMobile.  I do not get the confirmation message in the car.  When I signed up on the support dot ford site, my car shows up as a Fusion Titanium not an Energi...

What do I need to do to get this resolved?

Kim and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Kevin

I just picked up my special order 2014 Fusion Titanium Energi and am having issues setting up MyFordMobile.  I do not get the confirmation message in the car.  When I signed up on the support dot ford site, my car shows up as a Fusion Titanium not an Energi...

What do I need to do to get this resolved?

Kim and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin, 

I've responded to your PM. 

Kim

Hi Kevin

I have a similar issue to yours - my car shows up on support.ford.com as a "Fusion Titanium", when in fact, it is a "Fusion Titanium Energi".  In the "Sync Services/ Personalize your services" section, if I try to "Add Destinations" or "Add favorites" the browser goes into an endless loop of "redirecting" between "support.com" and "info.com" so those "services" are unavailable to me.

Also, on myfordmobile, in the "My account" section, there is a drop down box on the right that is "Your vehicle" - there is nothing in that drop down box so I cannot select anything (perhaps related to the incorrect vehicle description in "support.ford.com"?)

More importantly, I am still not able to get to the "2nd confirmation" to get the full features of "myfordmobile" - after nearly a month of ownership.  Have tried pulling fuses, disconnecting 12v battery, de-registering and re-registering vehilce and account on myfordmobile all to no avail.

Still waiting for for a response from the Ford's "engineers" from my "open ticket" - not optimistic.

And wondering how this can be SO HARD to fix???!!!

Good luck to you - please post if you get a fix.

Edited by rgd18

Hi Kevin

I have a similar issue to yours - my car shows up on support.ford.com as a "Fusion Titanium", when in fact, it is a "Fusion Titanium Energi".  In the "Sync Services/ Personalize your services" section, if I try to "Add Destinations" or "Add favorites" the browser goes into an endless loop of "redirecting" between "support.com" and "info.com" so those "services" are unavailable to me.

Also, on myfordmobile, in the "My account" section, there is a drop down box on the right that is "Your vehicle" - there is nothing in that drop down box so I cannot select anything (perhaps related to the incorrect vehicle description in "support.ford.com"?)

More importantly, I am still not able to get to the "2nd confirmation" to get the full features of "myfordmobile" - after nearly a month of ownership.  Have tried pulling fuses, disconnecting 12v battery, de-registering and re-registering vehilce and account on myfordmobile all to no avail.

Still waiting for for a response from the Ford's "engineers" from my "open ticket" - not optimistic.

And wondering how this can be SO HARD to fix???!!!

Good luck to you - please post if you get a fix.

Hey rgd18, 

I haven't received an update from our engineering team on your open case yet. Once I receive a suggestion from them, I'll send you a PM with details. 

Kim

All Con--

After 5 months of ownership, the issue is resolved. My wife's Fusion NRG PHEV is registered on MFM, and has received both in-vehicle messages. Full MFM functionality.

Here's the update: dropped off the car Monday morning at the dealership. Got a call about noon that the car was ready; my wife picked it up and the paperwork states "Replace TCU. Installed DS7Z 19A387A: Transceiver".

I had re-initiated the registration process for her car on the MyFord Mobile web site; when she got in the car and powered it up, there was immediately a pop-up message on the screen asking for her confirmation to connect to MyFord Mobile! One message down, one to go.

Also, on the main screen (Settings>Help>System Information), the CPPM ESN reads "NE000IEQ" now rather than "Unknown".

Today, she received the second message and her car now has full MFM functionality.

Bad player was the Transceiver. Indication was the "Unknown" CPPM ESN on the System Information Sub-page.

Did this really need to take 5 months to resolve?

Edited by RussKramer

All Con--

After 5 months of ownership, the issue is resolved. My wife's Fusion NRG PHEV is registered on MFM, and has received both in-vehicle messages. Full MFM functionality.

Here's the update: dropped off the car Monday morning at the dealership. Got a call about noon that the car was ready; my wife picked it up and the paperwork states "Replace TCU. Installed DS7Z 19A387A: Transceiver".

I had re-initiated the registration process for her car on the MyFord Mobile web site; when she got in the car and powered it up, there was immediately a pop-up message on the screen asking for her confirmation to connect to MyFord Mobile! One message down, one to go.

Also, on the main screen (Settings>Help>System Information), the CPPM ESN reads "NE000IEQ" now rather than "Unknown".

Today, she received the second message and her car now has full MFM functionality.

Bad player was the Transceiver. Indication was the "Unknown" CPPM ESN on the System Information Sub-page.

Did this really need to take 5 months to resolve?

Thanks for posting. I'm happy to hear that the vehicle is now registered and interacting with MyFord Mobile. I'll send you a PM once I've closed your escalation. 

Kim