Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2013 Fusion Energi Suffers from Sloppy Programming

murphy

Kim,

Thanks but I've already tried that and it didn't work.  Since posting this I've contacted Sync support and they are working with me on the problem.  I'll report in on how that goes.  However, I did read the page you sent me to.  I have a lot of contacts on my phone and quite a bit of information on them, including photos (from LinkedIn).   Could that be the source of the problem?  Should I prune my contacts, there is a lot of "dead wood" in there that's accumulated over the years?  Should I "disconnect" LinkedIn from my phone?

Edited by markb

Kim,

Thanks but I've already tried that and it didn't work.  Since posting this I've contacted Sync support and they are working with me on the problem.  I'll report in on how that goes.  However, I did read the page you sent me to.  I have a lot of contacts on my phone and quite a bit of information on them, including photos (from LinkedIn).   Could that be the source of the problem?  Should I prune my contacts, there is a lot of "dead wood" in there that's accumulated over the years?  Should I "disconnect" LinkedIn from my phone?

Hi markb, 

If you were having issues downloading the contacts initially, I would say that LinkedIn (depending on the amount of contacts) could be causing the issue. From your first post, it seems like your contacts download fine at first, but some get randomly deleted later. Is that correct? Your phonebook should only be altered if the Automatic Phonebook Downlaod setting is turned ON, or if you make changes manually. If you would like me to look into this further, send me a PM with your name, VIN, phone number, and current mileage. Also include the type of phone and current software version. I'll see if a ticket was already created for your concern.   

Kim

There are two displays in the car that show energy use for climate control and accessories:  the Energy Use display and the Accessory Power content choice available in the MyView display.  When the heater is on, the two displays agree.  However, when the A/C is on they show different values.  The Accessory Power display shows power separately for Climate vs. Accessories.  The Energy use display is labeled Climate, so I assume that it only shows power used by the heater or A/C. 

Each bar on the Energy Use display is 1.25 kW--there are four bars and the maximum value displayed is 5 kW.  On the Accessory Power display, each bar is 1 kW--there are five bars and the maximum value displayed is 5 kW.  For A/C, the Energy Use display and the climate power usage in the Accessory Power display show one bar.  That means it is 1.25 kW on the Energy Use display and 1 kW on the Accessory Power display.  It is not warm enough here for the A/C to use more than one bar of power, so I can't see what happens when higher amounts of power are required.  So which display is showing the correct power used for A/C?

Or maybe it is the Heater that is displayed incorrectly.  Maybe the Energy Use display is supposed to display the power used by both climate and accessories.  If that is the case, then the power values for the Energy Use display and the climate portion of the Accessory Power display should not match when the heater is on. 

Edited by larryh

• 1 month later...

I now know the reason for the discrepancy.  When the AC is turned on and the temperature setting is too high, the car will energize the heating element.  So, instead of saving energy by raising the temperature setting, the car wastes even more energy than you would have saved by running the heater.  Its hot out.  I doesn't make any sense to waste energy on the heater.  You need to monitor the power used by climate on the left display and attempt to minimize power usage by adjusting the climate control temperature setting.  During a six minute period that I monitored the energy consumed by the AC and the heater, the AC consumed 0.06 kWh of energy and the heater consumed 0.07 kWh--more than the AC.  

Edited by larryh

I now know the reason for the discrepancy.  When the AC is turned on and the temperature setting is too high, the car will energize the heating element.  So, instead of saving energy by raising the temperature setting, the car wastes even more energy than you would have saved by running the heater.  Its hot out.  I doesn't make any sense to waste energy on the heater.  You need to monitor the power used by climate on the left display and attempt to minimize power usage by adjusting the climate control temperature setting.  During a six minute period that I monitored the energy consumed by the AC and the heater, the AC consumed 0.06 kWh of energy and the heater consumed 0.07 kWh--more than the AC.  

That makes sense. The system is designed to get the cabin to the set temperature, so if it's cooler inside than the set temp, it will turn on the heater.

• 3 months later...