Ford Fusion Energi Forum

18" Niche Targa M130

chancelperry

Interesting that while in the box, they look gray, but on the car, they appear black.

Aside from that, I do like dark or black rims on a white car.  I think it makes a nice contrast.  I wanted those H style 19" rims, but there were no wheel options.  I'm still OK with the factory ones since they're unique enough.  They're just annoying to clean since they're clearcoated.

Interesting that while in the box, they look gray, but on the car, they appear black.

Aside from that, I do like dark or black rims on a white car.  I think it makes a nice contrast.  I wanted those H style 19" rims, but there were no wheel options.  I'm still OK with the factory ones since they're unique enough.  They're just annoying to clean since they're clearcoated.

It is two colors. It is matte black with a machined tint on certain areas. 

• 1 month later...

Just read all the posts.. Idk, I called a guy at cD3performance and he recommended the H&R's for the AWD model because those are designed to handle more weight compared to Steeda and Eibach. I know a couple of hybrid owners on 2gfusions have the H&Rs and there is no difference in ride quality.

• 4 weeks later...

What size tires did you install?

Does the 40mm offset along with the tire width sit completely within the fender/wheel well?

The 40mm sits really well with the fender. It will be perfect once I get around to lowering it. Ride quality has not changed from 17s to 18s. The size tires I installed are 255/45/R18. 

I just found this thread this evening as I have been reading a lot in this forum. I really like these rims and how they look on your car. That was my one area of this vehicle I hated... The wheels. I think they could have done a lot better in the design... 2015's have a 10 spoke 17" wheel that is similar to the 19" H spoke available on the regular Titanium Fusions. I am not sure why Ford took the lazy way out and figured people in all levels of the Hybrids would be happy with one rim choice.

I really like this wheel though... Looks incredible! Did you have to buy New Tire Sensors for the wheels to register the Tire Pressure Sensors..?? If you don't mind me asking, how much was one wheel with the tire you chose... Or how much were they all if easier..? I had checked with my parts department today actually as I was looking to buy the 19" H-Spoke for my Energi because I hate the wheels on there and got a price for the rims only of $1,800.00 employee cost. There is a $50.00 core charge apparently for (4) rims to be returned back to Ford as well. That price does not include the Tire Pressure Sensors he said he thought were around $75.00 a piece. It definitely did not include tires either... WOW! Wasn't planning on that... lol

Are you lowering your car as a preference or necessity for these wheels..?? Just curious. I don't want to get into all that but definitely like the "Upgrade" on my wheels for sure!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...