Ford Fusion Energi Forum

AdvanceTrac

Gigi

Gigi,

I'm glad only once has been the case.  I was hoping it would be the same for me.  I never ever expected for it to be an ongoing issue.  Being that it's a lease, and the problem keeps recurring I figured better to just let Ford keep the car.  I do believe that my car is "unique" or a lemon.  I think we'd be hearing more stories like yours and mine if this was a wide spread issue.  

I realized though that not everyone documents things on the web, so I figured I'd chime in so that if it happens to someone else they will see they are not alone when they search.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes!  I've been a lurker for quite a while now, but I just had the EXACT same experience happen to my (late) 2013 Fusion Energi with ~8500 miles on it.   Car freaked out from a near idle, began accelerating on it's own, and I brought it to a stop from ~40mph using the brake... then subsequently re-accelerated after I let off the brake and got up to ~40mph again when I stopped it again, pulled over, turned off the car, and re-started it.  All error codes were still illuminated, but the car was drivable.  I took it straight to the nearest dealership where they were scrambling after I told them what happened (and said it was impossible, but nothing surprises them anymore).  They did the 14-0020 TSB update and I drove away.  

I also note that this isn't a pedal-to-the-metal acceleration... it's a slow and gradual acceleration on it's own.  

~Andrew