Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fusion Energi Trunk

eviltuna

Hi everyone,

I actually don't currently own a Fusion Energi, but looking to buy one. The only problem is, I'm in Canada and no dealer within my area actually has a Fusion Energi, and I basicly just need to take a look at the trunk and a test drive before I decide on the Fusion or C-Max. Is the trunk really that small? Would I be able to fit a Stroller and Hockey bag inside the trunk?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The CMAX definitely has more space due to the vertical height it has, since it's a hatchback.  But I wouldn't count on carrying much 'flat' stuff since the battery is basically a 1 1/2' tall box over the rear wheels.

As far as the Fusion Energi trunk goes, it's 8 cubic feet in size, half the size of a traditional gas fusion at 16 cubic feet, and smaller than the hybrid which is 12 cubic feet.  I don't know how large a hockey bag is or if it fits hockey sticks, etc.  You could fold down a rear seat and slide your sticks in the gap left between the top of the battery and the bottom of the rear deck (that's about 4" of space there).  You should be able to fit golf bags back there without issue.  I can fit myself in the trunk and close the lid, and I'm 5'10", a bit on the heavy side.  But as far as fitting a stroller AND hockey bag... maybe not so much, but again, you can fold down part of the rear seat if needed (it's split 60/40) and get some floor space that way.

It's still very difficult to visualize it with words, so I still highly encourage you to go to the dealership and see it for yourself.  Take your stroller and hockey bag with you and test fit it. 

A stroller, Probably.  A hockey bag, probably but I've never seen one.  Both, no.

2013-ford-fusion-energi-titanium-trunk-p

2013-ford-fusion-energi-trunk-right-side

post-221-0-93330400-1391642628_thumb.jpg

All measurements below taken to "first obstruction".  For height it is the trunk-lid-springs, speakers, or ducting.  For width, it is "storage areas", etc.

That large area nearest you is 39" wide (measured to spring covers), 14" deep, and 19" tall.  Although there is a little "pocket" of additional room on the right side.

The first "step up" adds 31" wide, 4.5" deep, and 11" tall.  Need to store some pencils?

The last step up adds 41" wide, 19.5" deep, 2" tall.  But there is a center section of that area where the ducting moves up so you get about 4" tall.  Both of these areas can extend all the way into the back of the car, if you fold your back seats down.  So you could carry some plywood or skis or hockey sticks in this area.

Edited by GregKet1

I didn't take a pic. It was a pretty hard squeeze but the salesman and I managed to get the bag in. I figured since the back seats were so big I can just put whatever I want there if the trunk was too small. I'll be coming in on Tuesday to make the deal trading in my 2012 Focus. I'll be getting a Ruby Red Fusion Energi Titanium with pretty much all the options.

I didn't take a pic. It was a pretty hard squeeze but the salesman and I managed to get the bag in. I figured since the back seats were so big I can just put whatever I want there if the trunk was too small. I'll be coming in on Tuesday to make the deal trading in my 2012 Focus. I'll be getting a Ruby Red Fusion Energi Titanium with pretty much all the options.

I trust you're not a goaltender.  No way the leg pads would fit.

• 4 weeks later...