Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Owner of a proud new Energi...

TujuMaster

Hi all, 

I'm new to the group, obviously.  So I'm the proud driver of a 3 week old Ruby Red Energi SE.  I love the car.  Sadly, the check engine light came on and it's at the dealer.  I'm not to thrilled to have this happen, especially given that my last car was a piece of junk (it wasn't a Ford).  Anyway, other than that, I love the vehicle.  

Okay, so the diagnosis was software. They reprogrammed the PCM per a TSB (gotta love acronyms). I must say, the people at this dealer are amazing. And, @jeff_h, I'll keep an eye out for another Ruby Energi. This vehicle really is amazing.

Glad it's now good to go!  As you'll see in various topic threads here, more and more the 'fix' for the issues that are encountered are software updates that get applied and then all is well.

Hi all, 

I'm new to the group, obviously.  So I'm the proud driver of a 3 week old Ruby Red Energi SE.  I love the car.  Sadly, the check engine light came on and it's at the dealer.  I'm not to thrilled to have this happen, especially given that my last car was a piece of junk (it wasn't a Ford).  Anyway, other than that, I love the vehicle.  

Welcome TujuMaster! You have stumbled to a great resource for your new ride. There is tons of information in this forum just a quick search away... but if you can't find it just ask!

Congratulations on your new ride!

Welcome Tuju.  Sorry to hear about the check engine light.  Some folks have had some issues with all the tech, but I guess I've been lucky.  The only time I've been back to the dealer is for an oil change. I'm sure you'll love the car and if you're like me, I'm still amazed at the silent operaton on battery, even after 8 months in the car. Somehow the traffic isn't as bad when you're not burning gas.  I crank up the tunes or play with the tech with stopped in traffic. And I LOVE finding the free charging stations.

If you see me on the beltway or I-66, flash your lights. I'm in the '13 Bordeaux Titanium Energi with the http license plates.

Okay, so the diagnosis was software. They reprogrammed the PCM per a TSB (gotta love acronyms). I must say, the people at this dealer are amazing. And, @jeff_h, I'll keep an eye out for another Ruby Energi. This vehicle really is amazing.

Congrats and welcome, TujuMaster!

I'm glad to see that your dealer was able to get you back on the road quickly. I'm here to help with any questions or concerns you may have in the future. :)

Ashley