Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Just Ordered 2014 Titanium

eviltuna

Hey guys,

so I took the plunge and went in to sign the paper works and ordered the following:

2014 Fusion Energi Titanium

Ruby Red

Driver Assist Package

Active Park Assist (for the front sensors)

Moonroof

Navigation

Unfortunately here in Canada those are the only options we can get aside from the Adaptive Cruise control, which I thought is a waste of $1500. How long did it take for everyone to get their order?

My hybrid (which did not have adaptive cruise and after driving wife's car I wished I included it) took just shy of 11 weeks, and the energi was a dealer stock (which now does have it).

So you may want to go back to the dealer and ask to take a test drive with a car (any model) that has adaptive cruise to get out on the highway and let it do its thing, and if you like it they should be able to amend the order, and if you don't like it then that's that.  But I guess it also depends on your normal driving environment, as I am on interstate every day and make use of my ACC every day.

Hey eviltuna, mine was one of the first orders placed into the system for a 2013 Fusion Energi and it took like five months for delivery. The waiting time was almost as painful as giving birth, according to my wife. Yours should not take that long, hopefully. You can see my stats below.

I live in a semi rural area and have 4-5 mile stretches without stop signs or stop lights so I use the adaptive cruise control constantly, even at 35 and 55 mph. If there is a car in front of me I never have to hit the brakes, have to slow down or reset the cruise control. For me it's one of the best features on the car.

You are going to LOVE your ruby red car; it is an outstanding color. But then, I am prejudiced.

Congrats on your new ride.  While I don't jive with 'Cop Magnet Red', it's still a gorgeous color.  :congrats:    But I must agree with Jeff, the adaptive cruise is a REALLY nice feature, unless you're someone who doesn't use cruise control at all.  It's totally awesome to not have to constantly tap the brake pedal, or manually adjust your speed.  All of that is automated with ACC.  If you do decide to toss that feature on and love it, be careful about getting back in to a manual cruise car.  ;)

My car took almost exactly 4 months.  I ordered Jan 28 of 2013, and it arrived May 23.  Hopefully you'll see yours much more quickly than that.

Hey guys,

so I took the plunge and went in to sign the paper works and ordered the following:

2014 Fusion Energi Titanium

Ruby Red

Driver Assist Package

Active Park Assist (for the front sensors)

Moonroof

Navigation

Unfortunately here in Canada those are the only options we can get aside from the Adaptive Cruise control, which I thought is a waste of $1500. How long did it take for everyone to get their order?

Congratulations on your plunge!  Just would like to add my comment that once you start using adaptive cruise control you will NEVER ever order a car without it again. I have a fully loaded 2013, so I have the Active Park and have yet to use it.  The front sensors are nice for the garage, but I could live with out them.

The adaptive cruise is best in heavy traffic. Ordinarily you would not be able to engage your cruise due to the constant flux, now your car just slows and resumes with the flow of the traffic. And it is adjustable for how much space you want between you and the car ahead of you. 

I would highly recommend that you take a test drive with the adaptive cruise before getting a car with out it.

I too live in the suburbs and regularly drive in moderate to heavy traffic.

I use the adaptive cruise ALL the time, LOVE it and will never have another car without it.

I think the ECO cruise is brilliant as well and can't believe someone didn't think of that decades ago.

Also have the Ruby Red, and in my opinion it is nowhere near the kind of red that says "pull me over".

I think it says "law-abiding citizen of wealth and taste" or maybe it's just "these aren't the droids your looking for", but either way...

The truth is that one of the reasons I always use the cruise is to remain under citation speed.

The one thing I thought I'd miss is a heated wheel which I think is available on the '14s, but I didn't want to wait.

Turns out that since I pre-condition and remote start the car all the time I don't really miss it.

Remote start is another one of those things that I never thought worth the expense/hassle and will always want in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to my salesman today and had Adaptive Cruise Control added. hope its as good as you all say it is cause I rarely use regular cruise control.

You'll be super happy with this awesome feature. Between this and the lane keeping system you might find yourself letting the car do more of the driving on straight stretches!

The other feature that is ridiculously neat is Active Park Assist.

• 3 months later...

Finally picked up my 2014 Ford Fusion Energi yesterday, it took almost 4 months. Ordered in February and received its on May 28th. Dealer didnt' have it charged up but I went to a shopping mall with a charger plugged it in for an hour. What a great car, smoother and quieter than BMWs, Mercs and Infinitis I've been in. I'm loving this car. Not so sure why so many people complain about Sync, it works great so far, some of the menu items could be laid out better, but I think its a great system. Expect a lot of posts from me on this forum!

Cheers!

Finally picked up my 2014 Ford Fusion Energi yesterday, it took almost 4 months. Ordered in February and received its on May 28th. Dealer didnt' have it charged up but I went to a shopping mall with a charger plugged it in for an hour. What a great car, smoother and quieter than BMWs, Mercs and Infinitis I've been in. I'm loving this car. Not so sure why so many people complain about Sync, it works great so far, some of the menu items could be laid out better, but I think its a great system. Expect a lot of posts from me on this forum!

Cheers!

Looking forward to your input. Have you had a chance to play with the adaptive cruise yet?

Cheers!

That's awesome, eviltuna. Congratulations! 

Have used the voice command I'M HUNGRY yet? It's a fun command to use when you're showing off the car to friends. :)

Here are a few others to get you started: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/navigation-by-voice-sync-myford-touch

Kim