Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Wheel Locks

Russael

Does anybody else have the keyed wheel locks for the wheels on their Fusions?  Reason I ask is I noticed the last time I sprayed off my car, I realized that ALL 4 wheel locks are rusting.  The other wheel lug nuts are fine... it's just the locks.  I'm going to email my sales rep (and pray he responds via email) and see if these things have any kind of warranty on them.  It hasn't even been a year yet and they look like something out of the 1980's.

Russael:

Do not have the Wheel Locks but I found out last month (by accident) that my Sales Rep (Who told me when I bought the car to contact him directly for any questions or problems)

was promoted to another dealership. Never did receive an e-mail or notification by him or the dealer on who to contact in his absence.

I did have an issue with a low pressure tire at the dealer and when I asked to talk to MY sales rep I was told he was not available. Good luck with your problem...

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Russael:

I thought you would be interested in my experience with my Ford Dealer about a month after I purchased my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

I had the vehicle about a month and it reported a “Low Tire Pressure” about 5 miles from my home. I stopped the vehicle and looked at all four tires but could not determine that any of them was low. I decided to make it home since, as you know, the vehicle does NOT come with a spare OR jack. When I arrived home I was able to determine that the LEFT front tire looked to be slightly low and when I checked the pressure it was about 20 PSI. I pressurized it to 28 PSI and the next morning checked it again and it showed 22 PSI.

I drove it to the dealer and the attendant asked me the reason for my visit, I told him my LEFT front tire was losing air. He asked if I just wanted air added and I replied NO, it’s losing air and I am unable to see anything embedded in the tire that would cause this. He told me a service advisor would write up my service request in just a few minutes.  When the service advisor arrived he asked me if I was here for a “check engine light” problem, I said NO, “low tire pressure” indication on the LEFT front tire. He then presented me with a form to fill out my name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and  vehicle information. Thought this was strange since it was apparent that this was a NEW vehicle and they never asked me if I purchased it at this dealer but since this was my first service visit, even though they have all this information for the VIN, maybe this is normal for that first visit. When he returned I told him the reason for my visit AGAIN as he wrote up the service request form.

As they drove my vehicle into the service area I went to the waiting lounge where a view of the service area was available. I noticed after hoisting my vehicle they removed the RIGHT front tire instead of the left. Thinking they might be checking both tires I waited patiently. I was then called to the service desk and they told me nothing could be found on my low pressure tire. I asked them if I could see the service request and it said RIGHT front tire instead of the LEFT. I pointed this out and they apologized and fixed the correct tire. When called again after the repair they indicted there would be no charge for the repair because of their error, the normal charge of $15.00 would be waived.

Since my previous dealership where I purchased my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid that I owned 4 years had repaired TWO low pressure tires on that vehicle for FREE  (one out of the 25,000 mile warranty) and always washed the vehicle when I had it in for ANY type of service, I was accustomed to their service and thought my NEW dealership was somewhat lacking in comparison. The OLD dealer never asked me to fill out a form for all my information, they always noted my VIN number and all my information was printed out from their computer.

I noticed while driving away they never washed my vehicle and when I arrived home after verifying that the repaired tire had the correct pressure and not lost any on my drive, I noticed the repaired tire’s rim and hub cap had NUMEROUS UNSIGHTLY splotches of grease on it, apparently from the immersion in their DIRTY liquid to check for a leak.

I immediately sent an E-mail to my Sales Rep explaining my experience, who told me to ALWAYS contact him on any questions/problems. I received a response within an hour apologizing and if I could bring the vehicle back they would “MAKE IT RIGHT”. I mentioned my experiences from my former dealership in the E-mail about the FREE tire repairs AND yearly FREE oil changes & FREE wiper blade replacements.

The next day upon arriving my sales Rep met me, introduced me to the Sales Manager, took my keys and vehicle to have it thoroughly cleaned inside and out.

The sales manager talked with me for about 20 minutes explaining “That is NOT the way their service department handles service” and she gave me a FREE $25.00 Restaurant.com gift card for my poor service experience. When I drove away an hour later I noticed they had filled my gas tank for FREE (It was about half full when I arrived).

I was very happy with their response BUT about a month later another “low pressure tire” showed up on my vehicle, this time it was the RIGHT front tire. This time I was able to see a nail in the tire and since it was not losing air rapidly I took it back to the dealer. I received the same response from their service lane, they wanted me to fill out a form for all my detailed information. I told them I purchased the vehicle there so they already had all my information, I gave them a copy of my last month’s service form and told them that VIN number and all my information is in their computers. They begrudgingly accepted that but when the tire was repaired and I was called to the service desk, they wanted to charge me $15.00. I told them to contact my Sales Rep and was told he was NOT available, so I told them to contact the Sales Manager. They called her and after about 10 minutes when she called back they told me the tire repair was free. As I drove away I noticed the car was NOT washed on this visit also.

Never had any contact with the dealership for the next six months except E-mail’s suggesting that I bring my vehicle in for a normal $19.95 5000 mile oil change. I happened to be looking for FREE tickets to the upcoming auto show and I noticed my dealer was offering them on their NORMAL website, even though I have access to a dedicated Website for their “Registered Users” that DID NOT offer them. I printed off that page and took it to my dealer. After arriving I asked for my Sales Rep and was told he was NOT available. I then asked for the Sales Manager and when she arrived I presented her with the FREE TICKET printout after introducing myself. She indicated there may not be any left but she would check. After a short wait she arrived with two free tickets. I mentioned the last few times I contacted them MY sales rep was not available,  he had adamantly told me to contact HIM with any question/problems/concerns. She told me he did not work there anymore, he was promoted to one of their other dealerships, just contact anyone that is available. Never have received any messages from the dealer on this subject.

I decided then I would probably not return to this dealership in the future…

Bill

Edited by Bills_Fusion_Energi

Russael:

I thought you would be interested in my experience with my Ford Dealer about a month after I purchased my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. ...

I decided then I would probably not return to this dealership in the future…

Bill

Bill,

I want to document this feedback for you. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and the name of this new dealer, and I'll make sure someone is notified about your experience.

Ashley

Doesn't sound like it contributed in your case, but sometimes it is better to refer to the tires as the "driver's" or "passenger's" side.  Left and right could depend on whether you're in the driver's seat or looking at the car from the front.

Good point Kybuck - I will keep that in mind for future situations...