Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Key personalization

dnorris78

MyFord Mobile ... Under key personalization and key usage log it say "data not available"

Is anyone getting this to work?

This has been happening to me since 10/26/13 - I reported it to Ford and they assigned me a CASE number. They call me about once a month to tell me they are still working on the problem. When I called them last week they told me they would escalate the case. I hope Ford fixes actual problems with their vehicles in a more timely manner ! ! !

Hello Ford Representative.  I am a loyal Ford owner.  The last 3 cars I have purchased have been Fords.  We all understand there will always be issues and problems.  But what really ticks off consumers is when the company ignores the owners when they have issues.  See the message from 'Bills_Fusion_Energi".   With that said how about an answer to the topic/issue in this thread?

This has been happening to me since 10/26/13 - I reported it to Ford and they assigned me a CASE number. They call me about once a month to tell me they are still working on the problem. When I called them last week they told me they would escalate the case. I hope Ford fixes actual problems with their vehicles in a more timely manner ! ! !

Hi Bills_Fusion_Energi, 

I was able to pull up your case. I sent you a PM. 

I have also never had any information shown here.  Is there something that needs to be set up prior to this populating?  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am still new to this.

Hello Ford Representative.  I am a loyal Ford owner.  The last 3 cars I have purchased have been Fords.  We all understand there will always be issues and problems.  But what really ticks off consumers is when the company ignores the owners when they have issues.  See the message from 'Bills_Fusion_Energi".   With that said how about an answer to the topic/issue in this thread?

Hello to both of you, 

Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and email address. Although it sounds like it may be an issue that affects all users, I'd like to get both instances of this documented and escalated. 

Kim

For what it's worth, mine is working (and appears to be correct).

For those having issues, have you tried taking trips using both keys?  Just wondering if both keys need to be used in order to activate that feature.  I think mine worked before I used both sets, but maybe the other set had been used at the factory or dealership before I took delivery and activated MFM.  I remember switching sets because MFM showed my usage under key #2, and it shows key #1 was last used yesterday and key #2 was used a couple months ago (right before I switched which key was primary on my keychain).

For what it's worth, mine is working (and appears to be correct).

For those having issues, have you tried taking trips using both keys?  Just wondering if both keys need to be used in order to activate that feature.  I think mine worked before I used both sets, but maybe the other set had been used at the factory or dealership before I took delivery and activated MFM.  I remember switching sets because MFM showed my usage under key #2, and it shows key #1 was last used yesterday and key #2 was used a couple months ago (right before I switched which key was primary on my keychain).

I have used both keys several times the past few weeks with NO change in the error message.

I have Created TWO MyFordMobile accounts for the same vehicle (VIN) each using Different Names/Different Telephone Numbers and Different VALID E-mail Accounts AND enabled both drivers in each account in the past several days. I have made 6 trips since the accounts were OFFICIALLY enabled by MFM, 3 using each key I have. Both accounts LOG each trip identically along with the charging cycles. I STILL GET "Data Not Available" on "Key Personalization" in RED on BOTH accounts.

2/26/14 1:10PM

Both MyFordMobile accounts for the same vehicle (VIN) each using Different Names/Different Telephone Numbers and Different VALID E-mail Addresses AND both drivers enabled in each account are  STILL GETTING  "Data Not Available" on "Key Personalization" in RED after I have made 8 trips since the accounts were OFFICIALLY enabled by MFM, 4 using each key I have. Both accounts LOG each trip identically along with the charging cycles In MyFordMobile.

2/26/14 1:10PM

Both MyFordMobile accounts for the same vehicle (VIN) each using Different Names/Different Telephone Numbers and Different VALID E-mail Addresses AND both drivers enabled in each account are  STILL GETTING  "Data Not Available" on "Key Personalization" in RED after I have made 8 trips since the accounts were OFFICIALLY enabled by MFM, 4 using each key I have. Both accounts LOG each trip identically along with the charging cycles In MyFordMobile.

No change in my error message either ... I have used both keys also.

I just checked both of your cases. I haven't received an update on this issue yet. I'll let you know once I do. 

Kim

This morning on 2/27/14 I made two trips with my vehicle and when I returned home the MyFordMobile Web site only reported the first trip which ended at 7:15 AM. The MyFordMobile Web site Vehicle Locator also reported my vehicle to be away from my HOME location by about 200 FT, because of this error MyFordMobile indicated the vehicle was NOT at the Home location. I made multiple attempts to UPDATE MyFordMobile using the Update button and all attempts failed. I plugged my 120V charger into the vehicle and even though the Value Charge option on the vehicle AND the MyFordMobile Web site shows the DEFAULT profile (AWAY FROM HOME) to start charging at 1AM and end at 7AM the vehicle started charging immediately. MyFordMobile indicates that the vehicle is UNPLUGGED. Multiple attempts to UPDATE while charging also failed.

The Miles left on the Battery in the vehicle showed 29 and the Miles left on the Battery on MyFordMobile shows 31.

I currently use a Cell Phone that uses the AT&T Network and AT my HOME location it always shows an extremely strong signal (4 bars), probably because the Cell towers are located about 250 Ft from my House. I checked my cell phone after the MyFordMobile update failures and all functions, text/E-mail/phone calls/internet access operate normally as usual.

The charging cycle ended at approximately 8:45 AM but MyFordMobile still indicates the vehicle is unplugged with 31 miles on the Battery while UPDATES are still failing. After turning the vehicle’s ignition switch to ON, the vehicle indicates the Battery is 100% charged at 33 miles and the Navigation screen  shows the CORRECT HOME location (NOT the 200 FT error that MyFordMobile shows). I never received a “Charge Complete” notification from MyFordMobile and the MyFordMobile Activity Log does NOT have ANY entries for TODAY.

The MyFordMobile “My Account” – “Key Personalization” – “Key Usage Log” shows “Data Not Available” in RED letters.

At 9:10 AM  I started getting “Service or Network Error” when trying to display ANY of the MyFordMobile pages, that condition ended about 5 minutes later but Updates still fail and “Vehicle location” – “Battery Charge” – “Trip & Charge Log” are still showing errors or missing last trip and charge event.

Finally received my "charge complete" that happened at 8:41 AM this morning VIA text and E-mail at 1:30 PM this afternoon.

The Vehicle Location and Battery Miles are also tracking with what the actual vehicle indicates also but my 2nd trip this morning is still missing from MyFordMobile.

Key Personalization still shows "Data Not Available".

It seems that somebody must have awoken THE LONE ENGINEER from a long winter's nap that maintains this site...

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add my name to the list with this problem.

Kim, you know the history with my wife's Fusion NRG--5 months without connectivity to MFM due to a bad Transceiver Control Unit. That issue is resolved, but the Key Personalization issue is precisely as described in this thread.

I drive a C-Max NRG, and have had zero issues with MFM connectivity or key personalization. The Fusion NRG has the same message in red letters--"Data not available".

I am very interested is seeing that this issue is resolved with my wife's Fusion NRG.

Regards--

Cosmo

Edited by RussKramer

I'd like to add my name to the list with this problem.

Kim, you know the history with my wife's Fusion NRG--5 months without connectivity to MFM due to a bad Transceiver Control Unit. That issue is resolved, but the Key Personalization issue is precisely as described in this thread.

I drive a C-Max NRG, and have had zero issues with MFM connectivity or key personalization. The Fusion NRG has the same message in red letters--"Data not available".

I am very interested is seeing that this issue is resolved with my wife's Fusion NRG.

Regards--

Cosmo

I believe I have all of your information already, Cosmo. I'll send you a PM with more details once I've escalated your concern. Keep an eye out for it. 

Kim

Well, it has been OVER FIVE MONTHS since I’ve reported this problem to the Ford Customer Relationship Center (800 392-3673) and the ONLY response I’ve received from them is “OUR ENGINEERS ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM” ! ! !

Despite ESCALATING the problem TWICE and involving the Ford In Vehicle Technology Team, I’ve specifically asked how this process works and getting an answer was like pulling teeth ! !

I finally received THIS answer:

There is no separate database where the key is associated with the VIN. It is all done by MFM. The user personalizes the key based on trip information. The option to “personalize” the MyFord Mobile experience exists by tying a user’s key to their account.  When the key is cycled from "run" to "off", a bundle of information is sent to the MFM database which indicates which key is in use--this is how MFM indicates which key was “active” during that drive. 

The elements that are "personalized" are DTE, My Achievements, Driving Style, CO2 Saved, distance driven, and Trip Log.

If the above is true, why is it so hard to have MFM display this data for MY vehicle and numerous others that are reporting this problem while COUNTLESS others ARE seeing data displayed for them ? ? ?

I would wonder if it has something to do with the communication equipment in the car that is supposed to relay that information to the MFM servers.  I've seen posts from others where their equipment needed to be updated and/or replaced.

If that is the case, why would Ford say "the Engineers are working on it" rather than telling me to have the dealer investigate a certain "module" on the vehicle?

If that is the case, why would Ford say "the Engineers are working on it" rather than telling me to have the dealer investigate a certain "module" on the vehicle?

Hi Bills_Fusion_Energi, 

I will review your open MyFord Mobile escalations and send you a PM in a little while. Please keep an eye out for my message. 

Kim

That is the response I get.  "The Engineers are working on it".  I have basically given up wanting the key personalization to work.  Ford might as well remove that from the app and website.

I am generally happy with the Energi but I am severely discouraged by the response from Ford when technical problems arise.  Just by reading the stories in all of the forums it seems the dealer base is ill-equipped to service a car with so much technology.  Seems like it would be a simple process of identifying the fault/issue with the key personalization.  I just don't think anyone is working on it and it is not a priority for Ford.  Just my 2 cents.

Oh and when I say it would be a simple process of identifying the problem with key personalization feature, I speak from experienced.  I am a software developer.

Edited by dnorris78

That is the response I get.  "The Engineers are working on it".  I have basically given up wanting the key personalization to work.  Ford might as well remove that from the app and website.

I am generally happy with the Energi but I am severely discouraged by the response from Ford when technical problems arise.  Just by reading the stories in all of the forums it seems the dealer base is ill-equipped to service a car with so much technology.  Seems like it would be a simple process of identifying the fault/issue with the key personalization.  I just don't think anyone is working on it and it is not a priority for Ford.  Just my 2 cents.

Oh and when I say it would be a simple process of identifying the problem with key personalization feature, I speak from experienced.  I am a software developer.

VERY WELL SAID ! ! !

*****    F L A S H   R E P O R T - From Ford Engineers  ***** 

“In some instances where a 2013 vehicle has a 2014 TCU installed, key personalization will not work. The “newer” TCU’s have an incompatibility for key personalization. Customers will always see “Data not available” under key personalization, even if it did work at one time. We are working with the TCU supplier on resolution, but we do not have an identified date as of yet. We feel that the issues the new TCU fixed were of a higher priority. If the customer really wants to keep track of separate keys, they will have to manually keep track.”

It took them 6 (YES SIX) months to determine that – with NO RESOLUTION AVAILABLE ! ! !

• 1 year later...