Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Key personalization

dnorris78

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*****    F L A S H   R E P O R T - From Ford Engineers  ***** 

“In some instances where a 2013 vehicle has a 2014 TCU installed, key personalization will not work. The “newer” TCU’s have an incompatibility for key personalization. Customers will always see “Data not available” under key personalization, even if it did work at one time. We are working with the TCU supplier on resolution, but we do not have an identified date as of yet. We feel that the issues the new TCU fixed were of a higher priority. If the customer really wants to keep track of separate keys, they will have to manually keep track.”

It took them 6 (YES SIX) months to determine that – with NO RESOLUTION AVAILABLE ! ! !

Our car is at the dealer today for an issue with the 12V battery going dead. TSB 15-0028 addresses this issue & calls for replacing the TCU as part of the repair. If we get a new TCU that doesn't have key personalization this will not be acceptable.

The one thing about key personalization, that it took me awhile to figure out, is that each key must have its own unique email address to log in to MFM.

We have two accounts. I tried removing the key personalization from both accounts & the trips we're taking now still don't show up as being associated with any key. What else can I do to fix this? I need a way to reset it.

Edited by Hybridbear

Fortunately the dealer is not replacing the TCU.

When we picked up the car their internet was down so they couldn't print my paperwork. The SA e-mailed it to me today. They did replace the TCU. I let him know that it doesn't work & that we want the original TCU put back in the car. We'll see what he says. :rant2: :swear: :angry2: :banghead: :redcard:

When we picked up the car their internet was down so they couldn't print my paperwork. The SA e-mailed it to me today. They did replace the TCU. I let him know that it doesn't work & that we want the original TCU put back in the car. We'll see what he says. :rant2: :swear: :angry2: :banghead: :redcard:

I'm sure they trashed it...whatever happen to "we dont do any work without you giving permission

Key Personalization works on my 2015. Shows on my Ford mobile and moves the seats in the car based on the key. If that is what we are talking about here.

Ok, thanks. Our keys still work for the memory seats, just not in MFM. The key log no longer tracks trips by which key is driving. I used this data for tracking our electricity use for our apartment. It was also interesting to track the miles driven each month by each of us.

The dealership did save our TCU. It is located under the rear parcel shelf, between the Sony speakers. The SA said that there are two moldings that must come out to access the TCU that are not reusable. They cost over $400 combined. He said that if they were $20 parts the dealership would just eat the cost to replace them to put the old TCU back in, but since they're so pricey they won't do it. He said that only if Ford will cover the cost of those moldings can they put the old TCU back in.

He also said that since the TCU was replaced as part of a TSB (15-0028) they also can't mess with it without direction from Ford.

Ford wants the dealer to reprogram the TCU & see if that fixes it. If they have to reprogram the TCU they will have to take apart the parcel shelf & replace those moldings anyway, though.

I just received a call from Ford Corporate. They said that at this time there is nothing they can do to fix this, but when the 3G modems are made available to the dealerships this will be fixed. They also said that additional features will be added to MyFord Mobile when the 3G modems are sent to dealers to install in the cars that came with a 2G modem. I pressed her for more info about the 3G modems & she said that she could not share any more details about the 3G modems with me at this time because Ford has not released details about them publicly.

They also said that additional features will be added to MyFord Mobile when the 3G modems are sent to dealers to install in the cars that came with a 2G modem.

I wonder what this means for us Canadians whos 2g support will not be phased out for at least another year after AT&T does.  First I thought it was I good thing I'd have 2g access longer. Now it looks like I won't receive these added features until a year+ after those in the USA do.

Edited by openair