Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sync/MFT Programmer Needed

Gigi

I would like to make a suggestion.

MyFord Touch and Sync can be cumbersome when adjusting climate settings.

I wish someone would program an option for drivers to set a number of express commands that would go directly to user predefined settings.

I would love to be able to tell Sync something like, "Climate: Preset One" and have the climate system turn on and go to a vent, temperature, fan, AC, and recirculate setting I have preset.

In mild weather, I like to drive without heat or air conditioning with air blowing through the panel vents at a low speed.  In order to accomplish this with Sync, I need to say, "Climate: Panel On," "Climate: Temperature Low," "Climate: AC Off,"  "Climate: Decrease Fan Speed"   Four commands with all kinds of beeps and pauses.  "Climate: Preset One" would be so much easier.

Possible?

As a software developer I love to improve things like this. I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard.

Ford has made it very clear to me that the MFT and Sync systems are not open for community improvements. Bummer huh? The software developer community could have this system hopping in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to make a suggestion.

In mild weather, I like to drive without heat or air conditioning with air blowing through the panel vents at a low speed.  In order to accomplish this with Sync, I need to say, "Climate: Panel On," "Climate: Temperature Low," "Climate: AC Off,"  "Climate: Decrease Fan Speed"   Four commands with all kinds of beeps and pauses.  "Climate: Preset One" would be so much easier.

Possible?

I definitely agree with the suggestion of having "presets" for climate.  To save you some time, you can skip some steps.  For instance, in one statement you can say "climate, set temperature low", and the climate will activate.  There is no need to say "climate: panel on".

I've been doing this for the past week.  I want to see if I can string another statement in there, such as "climate: set temperature low, fan speed low"

Steve

Possible?

Will this really turn the the AC compressor off? I am still confused how to just have fresh air in the car with out rolling the window down or opening the sun roof.

Will this really turn the the AC compressor off? I am still confused how to just have fresh air in the car with out rolling the window down or opening the sun roof.

My experience is that yes, it does turn it off, but only if you have the panel vent selected.

There is a strange quirk in the MFT system.  If you set the temperature to LO but do not select a vent (floor, panel, or windshield), air will come out of the panel vents and the AC compressor will run.  What is odd is that the AC indicator light on the MFT climate screen and the light on the button below the radio will both be off, yet the Climate/Other indicator on the left instrument panel display will show that the climate system is drawing power, obviously to run the compressor, since the air from the panel vent is ice cold.

I keep the Climate/Other indicators displayed on the My View display so that I can tell when the climate system is drawing power, indicating that I have inadvertently not selected the panel vent and turned the AC on.

Our Focus Electric has more physical buttons for the climate system.  I can turn it on by selecting a vent, control temperature with a knob, and reliably turn the AC on and off with a button.  All of this I can do by touch without having to take my eyes off the road.

Hi everyone, 

You may have seen me post this on other threads, but this is a great site to post your new ideas and product suggestions: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ Our product development team members periodically mine the ideas on this site for insights and inspiration from owners. 

Kim

Physical button or touch screen button, I should be able to turn the AC off with a single action. The way this is currently programmed should be considered defective... a bug.

Agreed.

Apparently when a vent isn't selected, the system selects Auto mode.  If the temperature is set to low, it assumes that AC is needed and turns it on automatically without lighting the indicators that would show that it is on.

Edited by Gigi

Hi everyone, 

You may have seen me post this on other threads, but this is a great site to post your new ideas and product suggestions: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ Our product development team members periodically mine the ideas on this site for insights and inspiration from owners. 

Kim

Thank you, but not what I am looking for. Spent just a few mins reading about wish lists and the desire for perpetual motion vehicle, I would be surprised if the developers checked that site out too often.

Further, I do not think I am asking for a feature. This is a poorly designed feature, what the business calls working as designed because they don't want to fix it.  If the compressor is running and the AC light is out... that is a bug (in my opinion). But it is not a big deal to me, it just does not seem right. I have a work around and an alternate solution (roll down the window) that is easier to do than the work around.

Edited by meyersnole

I have a work around and an alternate solution (roll down the window) that is easier to do than the work around.

Exactly!  Thus the reason for my initial post.  I would like to see some more simple controls.  If the system is so complex that presets are needed to make these, then let's get them programmed in.

Back in the olden days before cars had electronics, just basic electricity, if I was driving down the road and I wanted some air coming out of the panel vents, there was one button I needed to push that would open the vent.  That was it.  I wish it were this simple today.

1965-Oldsmobile-Starfire-dashboard-Photo