Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Non-EV parked in charge station spot?

ChrisFra

I'm new to this EV thing and have been only two public charge stations so far.  The first one I went to had two Level 2 chargers.  Parking was scarce at this location and one of the two stations had a non-EV vehicle parked at it.  Luckily I was able to get into the other one, but how common is this?  Now every time I look at the ChargePoint app and see open stations, I wonder if they're really open.

Edited by ChrisFra

I leave those Blink notices when I find them... I did camp one at a grocery store since I was out of change.

I will also try to point it out to the HEB store manager when it happens. Weirdest thing I saw was a Leaf parked there once, who was not charging... I was thinking "dude, charge or park in a regular spot".

• 2 weeks later...

I find old folks with handicap stickers occupying them occasionally at the local Kohl's as they seem to think they are handicap spots... Other times I find meathead's in F150's in the spots at the local gym. The problem is that they've put the charging spots really close to the locations, and they all say "EV Preferred" and I bet it frustrates folks who see them empty every day, so they just use them. They should put these spots further out, but that would cost them more to run line, and dig up the partking lot, so i understand why they are where they are...