Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Long Road Trips Planned

dnorris78

I just drove down to Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago, about 400 miles.  I use ECO cruise and set the cruise on 65 MPH going down there, think I got 42 MPG... set it to 68 MPH on the way back and got 40.. so set the cruise and enjoy the ride, the higher the speed the lower the MPG, I was in no hurry so tried to get decent MPG and was happy with it.

Just to reiterate what jeff_h stated, speed kills mileage (just as it does in a normal gas powered vehicle). Climate control will also have an impact.

HOWEVER, you have to be impressed with a car this size that gets the mileage it does even when zipping down the road and blasting the climate control.

Easy tips to follow though... If you hit the highway with charge in your battery, push the EV later button to save your charge... you will go through your charge very quickly at speed. If you stop for gas or a burger, the car will go back to EV Auto... so remember to hit the EV later again as you hit the ramp for the expressway.

Use your cruise control, especially if you are in the mountains as it will help you capture the energy on the decent.

• 3 months later...