Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New 2014 Fusion Energi owner

Steve Bultman

If that's your goal, depending on your driving distance, you can certainly save on gas.  I've been putting about 1200 to 1400 miles on a tank of gas.  I usually fill when I get just under 1/4 tank.  Currently my lifetime average MPG is 91.2.

Most of my trips are under 10 miles and I charge between trips (240v), but cannot charge at work.  My numbers are paltry compared to others on this forum.  I'm about to take 200 mile round trip, so my mileage is going to drop significantly, but what can you do?

Enjoy,

Steve

How much you save on gas is completely depended on your driving conditions. If your driving a Prius now, and go 50 miles each way on the freeway, your not gonig to save much.

But if your like Steve or me, your savings will be significant. My old commute I went from averaging 23 mpg in a Focus (big hill, stop and go traffic), to 60mpg in the FFE.

Now that we live closer it looks like I will be getting gas every 6-8 weeks at the most...

Welcome, Steve!

The more often you can plug in the more money you will save. 

I filled the gas tank 5 weeks ago, have traveled over 1,220 miles since then, and have used 8.6 gallons of gas.  The exceptional trips when I have had to go over 21-25 miles are the reason I have used those 8.6 gallons of gas.  If I could eliminate those, I'd be driving 100% EV, but those trips are one of the reasons we bought this car.  I wanted to be able to drive as an EV most of the time and still have the ability to drive comfortably on long trips getting hybrid gas mileage.  I hope that your car works out for you as well as ours has for us.

Another reason to like our cars is that they are really good drivers!  I have not hit the average gas mileage that some of you have, but that is because I make longer trips about once a week to some hobby shops and a toy train museum that I am involved with.  Today the wife and I took a 190 mile round trip involving very narrow and curvy country roads.  While no sports car, the Fusion still carved these roads like my last favorite car, a 2003 BMW 525i.  We still averaged over 47 miles per gallon on this round trip, and I was not light footing it!  Steve, welcome to the forum and enjoy the drive!

Edited by carnut56