Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Second attempt to have the 'Go-Times' fixed at the dealer

Neil

My first attempt to have the 'Go-Times' fixed at the dealership was a disaster and I am trying again (about a month later).  The dealership has been very helpful and even is giving me a loaner car while they work on it.  

The problem I have is they have had the car over 24 hours and still have not plugged it in (per My Ford Mobile) , meaning they have either not tried the 'go-times' or do not realize the car must be plugged in for 'Go-times' to work.  I'm trying to not be a 'know-it-all' and have politely suggested they look at TSB  13-5-28 (and emailed a copy to them) as well as given them a copy of a Service Invoice from someone on this board that had the problem fixed at a different dealership.  

On a side note, the loaner they gave me (via Hertz) is a 2014 Buick Lacrosse.  I actually considered the Lacrosse before buying my Energi.  The Lacrosse is a nice car, but I certainly do not regret getting the Energi.  It is equal in luxury and I think the build quality of the Ford is better.  Engine performance is obviously better in the Buick, but the gas mileage is horrendous - I am getting in the high teens and low twenties, and I am driving it the same as I would the Energi.  It's funny how you get used to long coasts into red lights with light brake pressure to maximise regen.    :)

Not saying that reprogramming the FCIF as noted in TSB 13-5-28 is guaranteed to fix the problem but it sure did the trick for several of us here... and total time for them to do the update on mine was 30-40 minutes and then the tech came in to talk about finding another stored code that required another TSB update - which then was about another 30-40 minutes or so IIRC - but it was all updated while I waited in the service department's waiting room, so it appears to be a routine update thing kinda like doing a windows update to a PC I'd guess... unless you told them you'd be over at 5PM and they decided to wait until 4PM to work on it?

My first attempt to have the 'Go-Times' fixed at the dealership was a disaster and I am trying again (about a month later).  The dealership has been very helpful and even is giving me a loaner car while they work on it.  

The problem I have is they have had the car over 24 hours and still have not plugged it in (per My Ford Mobile) , meaning they have either not tried the 'go-times' or do not realize the car must be plugged in for 'Go-times' to work. ...

Neil,

Have you heard anything more from your dealer? I want to lend a hand. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can assist. 

Ashley

THEY FIXED IT!  I don't know if they tested it, since My Ford Mobile never showed the car being plugged in, and the scheduled 'Go-Time' were the same as when it went in, but the go-times work,   They even washed the car. 

According to the Invoice they reprogrammed the following modules:  ACM, BCM, FCIM, GPSM, IPC and PCM.  

Also applied the TSB to fix the One Touch Up problem with the windows.  

Completely Satisfied.