Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Faint Barcode on rear view mirror

paladin732

Hey,

Just picked up my new fully loaded titanium and noticed that the rear view mirror has a faint ghost of an image of a Barcode on it. It's only really visible from the drivers seat and significantly easier to see at night.

Did anyone else notice this? How did you fix it if you had it. Attached is a really bad photo of it (really hard to see in the photo)

Also: did anyone get really crappy mileage on electric at first? We have 400mi on it and a full charge only got us 12mi of electric going 70ish

This wont come out with some windex? Looks like a sticker was on it or something.

Thats what I was thinking. Didn't budge with a cleaning cloth. I wasn't sure if it was safe to try Windex on it, since a lot of the autodimming rearview mirrors use chemicals to do the autodimming (or atleast my Mazda from 2003 did...)

Thats what I was thinking. Didn't budge with a cleaning cloth. I wasn't sure if it was safe to try Windex on it, since a lot of the autodimming rearview mirrors use chemicals to do the autodimming (or atleast my Mazda from 2003 did...)

I forgot about the auto-dimming feature, I would pass on the Windex. 

Edited by seadiel

You should be able to tell if it's on the surface or under the glass.  If it's under the glass Ford should replace it.  Looks like a scuff on the substrate to me.

Thats what I was thinking. I think it is actually below the surface. The problem is it seems somewhat illogical, cause if its something bleeding through from behind it should be reversed and not in the correct direction.

I've tried scrubbing it and it doesnt budge, if it was sticker residue or some other residue, I am thinking it would atleast smudge or blur a little when scrubbing at it.

I think I'll be taking the car into a dealer next week to have them take a looksy at it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...