Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MFM Local Rankings

dnorris78

Gas Sipper is a useless ranking.  I think there is a thread somewhere around here that discusses the rankings.  Essentially the "gas sipper" is based on your longest trip you drove without shutting the car off, not fill ups.  Really it is a worthless ranking. 

I like yourself initially assumed that it was the how long you went before getting gasoline.  I think it would be easy for the car to know when you have filled up since everything in the car is software based.

Steve

I am participating in the local rankings in MFM.  My current mileage between fuel-ups is 432 miles.  MFM is reporting me at 65 miles between fuel-ups.  Something is wrong.  Also how does MFM know when I filled up last and how often are the Gas Sipper rankings updated?

Gas Sipper is a useless ranking.  I think there is a thread somewhere around here that discusses the rankings.  Essentially the "gas sipper" is based on your longest trip you drove without shutting the car off, not fill ups.  Really it is a worthless ranking. 

I like yourself initially assumed that it was the how long you went before getting gasoline.  I think it would be easy for the car to know when you have filled up since everything in the car is software based.

Steve

Hello to both of you, 

jeff_h is correct. Unfortunately, the information that is currently being shown in the Gas Sipper section is not accurate. Engineering is aware of this concern, so I will not be escalating this issue as an individual case.

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

Known issue. I've had it since I got the car. My tanks range between 1600 and 3100 miles, yet MFM reports 40-49 miles and fixed that way for weeks on end. All other stats update but the one I should be crushing it on. I'm averaging 93% electric, so showing 45 miles since the last gas put in the car is almost insulting.  :-(

I would believe Steve's explanation, except for the people with 3-400 miles (region 4) which would be impossible to do without gas on one engine cycle.

Known issue. I've had it since I got the car. My tanks range between 1600 and 3100 miles, yet MFM reports 40-49 miles and fixed that way for weeks on end. All other stats update but the one I should be crushing it on. I'm averaging 93% electric, so showing 45 miles since the last gas put in the car is almost insulting.  :-(

I would believe Steve's explanation, except for the people with 3-400 miles (region 4) which would be impossible to do without gas on one engine cycle.

It's not based entirely on gas, currently it's just the longest trip you made without turning the engine off, so it's entirely possible to go 400 miles without shutting the vehicle off.  In theory, the highest reading for this category would be 516 (=43 mpg times 12 gallon tank) miles or so.

Again, you should just not bother looking at that ranking until it actually works as intended (Ford rep at this site confirmed that the ranking isn't working as intended) which is how many miles you can go between refueling.  For me, I'm averaging 1700 miles a tank.

Steve