Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Details for tax credit

bbwex

Gross vehicle weight shouldn't matter... I don't recall that being a stipulation on the forms.  Battery capacity is 7.6kwh.  The tax credit for the vehicle is 4007.  He can validate that here:  http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/30D.-New-Qualified-Plug-in-Electric-Drive-Motor-Vehicles-%E2%80%93-Ford-Motor-Company

Gross vehicle weight shouldn't matter... I don't recall that being a stipulation on the forms.  Battery capacity is 7.6kwh.  The tax credit for the vehicle is 4007.  He can validate that here:  http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/30D.-New-Qualified-Plug-in-Electric-Drive-Motor-Vehicles-%E2%80%93-Ford-Motor-Company

If you use turbo tax it will ask for the weight and battery capacity. It will also calculate the refund at 4001 or 4002 (don't remember). Another example of how wonderful of a tax system we have in the US.

Our CPA is trying to figure out our taxes, but says he needs the gross vehicle weight and the Kw hours of battery capacity.  I have looked throughout the manual and cannot find the information. Anyone?

Curb weight can be found on your drivers door specs or you can find it on the web at a car site like here:  3,913 lbs.

Russael already listed the battery at 7.6kwh.

Edited by meyersnole

You need to change the 4001 to 4007.  That is done on the Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Worksheet for form 8936.  Part IV (Tentative Credit) under Maximun Credit Allowed Worksheet.  That is for Pro Series but should be similar for other programs.  Step A is "Enter maximum credit allowed if different than calculated".  Step B shows 4001 and step A changes the amount to 4007.

Vehicle weight--3913--is required in Pro Series.

Edited by JATR4

Does anyone know if the Alternative Fuel Refueling Station Credit (30%) which was set to expire in 2013 was or is expected to be renewed?

This would make my decision to get a L2 Charger a lot less painful!

Everything Uncle Google tells me is that it has expired.

When I was looking into getting a charging station installed at my company, I talked with a sales rep from Chargepoint - he said that the credit ended on 12/31/13 and *may* be renewed based on political horsetrading (same can be said about many tax credits I suppose), and that as a sales rep he was watching it closely and the very minute he saw that it was renewed (since much of his sales may hinge on this) he would send email to his notification list and asked if I wanted to be added to the list.  I said yes please add me, which he did -- and I have not heard anything more from him, so I assume the horsetrading is still in progress.

Does anyone know if the Alternative Fuel Refueling Station Credit (30%) which was set to expire in 2013 was or is expected to be renewed?

This would make my decision to get a L2 Charger a lot less painful!

Everything Uncle Google tells me is that it has expired.

The AFRSC has been amended to the tax extenders bill by the lobbyists and it should be taken up in the next couple weeks. Expect it to be renewed for another 2 years by the end of May.