Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Homes with no garage - Charging Station Locations

Christian Rutherford

I am thinking about buying the ClipperCreek LCS-25; however, I live in a townhouse and will be mounting the charger just outside my front door.  This would expose it to the elements am I have some concern about charging in the rain and general durability due to this exposure to the elements.  Does anybody own a charger that is kept outdoors?  Is there anything that I need to be concerned about?  

I have the Bosch charger, and used it outside in the rain for several months without any issue (in Portland so it saw lots of rain and even a big snow storm)

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-EL-51245-Electric-Vehicle-Charging/dp/B00DMG104E

These units appear to be very nicely put together and sealed from the elements. Cord length need is the main purchasing decision.

I am thinking about buying the ClipperCreek LCS-25; however, I live in a townhouse and will be mounting the charger just outside my front door.  This would expose it to the elements am I have some concern about charging in the rain and general durability due to this exposure to the elements.  Does anybody own a charger that is kept outdoors?  Is there anything that I need to be concerned about?

I have the clipper creek LCS 25 installed outdoors. It is a sealed unit. I have no problems or issues. Just a tip : get the holster.